ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 263 of 435
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:19 PM 12-23-2020
God damn, Staylor is such a fucking homer that he's gotta go insane anytime someone says a thing bad about a player.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:21 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
God damn, Staylor is such a fucking homer that he's gotta go insane anytime someone says a thing bad about a player.
Yea because I haven’t been critical of Clark multiple times in this thread...

Dumbass.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:34 PM 12-23-2020
What’s funny is that we have 2 insanely high paid DL and the strength of our defense is the secondary

How underrated has the #Chiefs defense been this season?

They entered Week 15 allowing the fewest wide receiver catches in the league. pic.twitter.com/rW6JiJe7ka

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) December 23, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 08:36 PM 12-23-2020
Clarks gotta be hurt or something. He was so much better last year and in Seattle

Something going on
[Reply]
staylor26 08:44 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What’s funny is that we have 2 insanely high paid DL and the strength of our defense is the secondary

This secondary is really fucking good.

The addition of Sneed seems to be the biggest factor. If Thornhill can continue to improve and get back to where he was at, look out!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:50 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And this thread will be a laughingstock over the offseason once again.
If I have to eat crow because I said Clark was playing poorly, after he plays well in the playoffs and we win another SB, sign me TF up.

If Clark is injured, or dealing with an off the field illness, and that is why his performance is suffering, and neither he nor the team disclose the details, fans can't be blamed for calling out his poor play.

I absolutely hope he returns to his playoff form from last year, but right now the only positive thing he brings to the defense is the fact that he isn't named Ben Niemann.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:01 PM 12-23-2020
So at this point all things considered, we should have just paid Justin Houston for 3 more years right?

Except for winning the SB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So at this point all things considered, we should have just paid Justin Houston for 3 more years right?

Couldn't afford Justin Houston.

He didn't want to negotiate a contract, he wanted his $20M.

He wasn't staying.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:04 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Clarks gotta be hurt or something. He was so much better last year and in Seattle

Something going on
He was good in the postseason, but this is about who he was during the regular season.
[Reply]
-King- 09:06 PM 12-23-2020

If he didn't want to take a pay cut to play here, he forced our hand and played himself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:17 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
If he didn't want to take a pay cut to play here, he forced our hand and played himself.
Exactly.

There was no way to keep Houston at the number he wanted and he wasn't willing to move.

We paid Clark $6.5M last year and saved almost $14M, which allowed the signing of several other pieces that contributed to a Super Bowl.

The issue with Clark wasn't last year, it's this year and going forward because he counts WAY more than $6.5M against the cap now.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:26 PM 12-23-2020
It's so incredible that all those years in the 90s we had dominant defenses, grinding out 11-5, hoping this was our year to win the SB.

And this year our D is pretty mediocre and we could have easily gone undefeated.

Elite QB >>> entire defense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:29 PM 12-23-2020
It's so incredible that all those years in the 90s we had dominant defenses, grinding out 11-5, hoping this was our year to win the SB.

And this year our D is pretty mediocre and we could have easily gone undefeated.

Elite QB >>> entire defense.
The Chiefs Defense is #8 in scoring and #8 in yardage.

They're way better than mediocre.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:30 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

There was no way to keep Houston at the number he wanted and he wasn't willing to move.

We paid Clark $6.5M last year and saved almost $14M, which allowed the signing of several other pieces that contributed to a Super Bowl.

The issue with Clark wasn't last year, it's this year and going forward because he counts WAY more than $6.5M against the cap now.
I was not a big fan Houston's contract, mostly because I didn't think he would ever come close to matching that 20 sack season.

I have argued this before, but there were quite a few of those 20 sacks that were not the direct result of Houston's effort or dominance. He had a couple that were the result of the QB moving away from pressure in the pocket and basically running into Houston, who was being effectively blocked by the tackle. And he had a few where the QB just didn't have anywhere to throw the ball and Houston made the tackle behind the LOS as the QB attempted to scramble.

I am not saying that Houston wasn't a defensive force, because he clearly was, but I just didn't think he was worth the massive contract.

When he made it clear that he wasn't going to renegotiate his contract to help the team, I wasn't sad to see his often injured ass hit the bricks.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:31 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

The new TV contracts will go into effect at the start of the 2022 season, so if Clark isn't living up to his contract, he can be cut after the 2021 season and have his $12 million dollar Dead Cap spread over two seasons, if necessary.
[Reply]
Page 263 of 435
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313363 > Last »
Up