ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2223 of 2687
« First < 1223172321232173221322192220222122222223 2224222522262227223322732323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:12 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well let's see your list then, pussy.

Who you gonna put in the top 10 in his place? Kirk Cousins? Derek Carr? Ryan Tannehil? Lol.
I'd put Carr above Lamar Jackson, and Carr is a peter puffer. Both are mental midgets who collapse under pressure, but at least Carr can throw the ball well enough to be a middling QB in the NFL. Jackson throws the ball like a drunk guy who has Cerebral Palsy.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:15 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'd put Carr above Lamar Jackson, and Carr is a peter puffer. Both are mental midgets who collapse under pressure, but at least Carr can throw the ball well enough to be a middling QB in the NFL. Jackson throws the ball like a drunk guy who has Cerebral Palsy.
Carr or Murray are both better QB's than Lamar. Not players.... BUT QB's.......
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:28 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
How about someone who has more than 450 attempts a year... Lets start with the basic bar a QB must clear to be considered a QB.

Lamar has only ONCE broken 400 ATTEMPTS.... (401)

oh and Kyle Murray
This is arbitrary bullshit. Lamar is a running QB. His carries eat into his attempts. Randall Cunningham and Mike Vick had plenty of seasons where they didn't attempt 400 passes as well.

Lamar is going to give you 150 carries for 1,000+ yards and 5-ish TDs on top of what he does with his arm.

Carr or Murray are both better QB's than Lamar. Not players.... BUT QB's.......
That's the key.

Lamar's flaw is that he is not an accurate passer. What's great about him is that he is a great football player so he doesn't need to be with his skillset.

I mean, he will need to if he ever wants to take that next step in the postseason, but all of those guys in the 8-15 range have some sort of similar flaw that keeps them from getting asked to the dance.

If you had to win just one game, you would honestly take that pussy Derek Carr over Lamar Jackson? Lol. Fine. I'd take Lamar Jackson and my team would smash yours.

At least Jackson's got an MVP. You don't get those by accident. Even if you take away his rushing production from that MVP season in 2019, his passing numbers alone are more impressive than anything Carr's ever done.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:31 PM 07-12-2022
This is arbitrary bullshit. Lamar is a running QB. His carries eat into his attempts. Randall Cunningham and Mike Vick had plenty of seasons where they didn't attempt 400 passes as well.

Lamar is going to give you 150 carries for 1,000+ yards and 5-ish TDs on top of what he does with his arm.

That's the key.

Lamar's flaw is that he is not an accurate passer. What's great about him is that he is a great football player so he doesn't need to be with his skillset.

I mean, he will need to if he ever wants to take that next step in the postseason, but all of those guys in the 8-15 range have some sort of similar flaw that keeps them from getting asked to the dance.

If you had to win just one game, you would honestly take that pussy Derek Carr over Lamar Jackson? Lol. Fine. I'd take Lamar Jackson and my team would smash yours.

At least Jackson's got an MVP. You don't get those by accident. Even if you take away his rushing production from that MVP season in 2019, his passing numbers alone are more impressive than anything Carr's ever done.
3,100 passing yards? That's garbage.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:35 PM 07-12-2022
3,100 passing yards? That's garbage.
He averaged 7.8 YPA. That's good.

He also added 36 TDs and only 6 INTs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:35 PM 07-12-2022
Passing yards are a bit overrated anyway.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:47 PM 07-12-2022
Yes/No

Yes because some people get them in garbage time, but its not like the bar is 4k anymore. The bar for a great passing attack is your QB throwing for 4.5k yards.

Lamar's best is 3,100. Thats Alex Smith level..... And lets be honest Lamar has had some gimmies because people are worried about the run game, not his arm.

I would take Murray over Lamar (not carr). Because I know Murray can throw. Lamar is a "Cool" QB because he has wheels. He's a Mike Vick type, fun to watch.

But if the other team has a good 2ndary, he can't throw to save his life.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:47 PM 07-12-2022

That's the key.

Lamar Jackson has thrown over 3000 yards ONCE.

If you wanna factor in his rushing yards, then let's factor in other QB's rushing yards. Last year, Josh Allen threw 4407 yards and ran for 763. That's a total of 5,170.

Last year Lamar threw 2882 and rushed for 767. That's 1,521 FEWER total yards than Allen. "Oh but he was injured!" Exactly. Because he runs the ball so damn much, he's never going to give you sixteen games again, let alone 17.

In Lamar's MVP season he had 837 fewer total yards than Allen did last season.

If anyone cares - last year, which has been highly touted as Mahomes "worst" season, he had fifty more total yards than Josh Allen did. He also had 1,000 MORE TOTAL YARDS THAN "MVP" AARON RODGERS.

Everyone shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:52 PM 07-12-2022
Don't get me wrong I think Lamar is good at what he does, but if you took him out of the current offense and dropped him into a pro-style offense he COULDN'T do it.

That being said alot people couldn't make his offense run as effective either. But the difference is they COULD run it. Just not as well.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:59 PM 07-12-2022
The biggest thing about passing yards is for the top QB's is that they throw for a TD for about every 125 yards (give or take a few yards) they throw for. Mahomes happens to be right on that number for his career. 151 TD's on 18991 total yards. 125.8 yards per TD.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:14 PM 07-12-2022
Yes/No

Yes because some people get them in garbage time, but its not like the bar is 4k anymore. The bar for a great passing attack is your QB throwing for 4.5k yards.

Lamar's best is 3,100. Thats Alex Smith level..... And lets be honest Lamar has had some gimmies because people are worried about the run game, not his arm.

I would take Murray over Lamar (not carr). Because I know Murray can throw. Lamar is a "Cool" QB because he has wheels. He's a Mike Vick type, fun to watch.

But if the other team has a good 2ndary, he can't throw to save his life.
You're conveniently ignoring the fact that his carries are eating into his attempts.

Taking his 2019 MVP season, he only attempted 401 passes, but he also added 176 carries. You combine the two, which is really doing Lamar a bit of a disservice in volume numbers since passes generally yield more yardage on a per play basis, and you get 477 'attempts' for 4,333 yards, which comes pretty close to your arbitrary 4.5k figure.

Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Lamar Jackson has thrown over 3000 yards ONCE.

If you wanna factor in his rushing yards, then let's factor in other QB's rushing yards. Last year, Josh Allen threw 4407 yards and ran for 763. That's a total of 5,170.

Last year Lamar threw 2882 and rushed for 767. That's 1,521 FEWER total yards than Allen. "Oh but he was injured!" Exactly. Because he runs the ball so damn much, he's never going to give you sixteen games again, let alone 17.

In Lamar's MVP season he had 837 fewer total yards than Allen did last season.

If anyone cares - last year, which has been highly touted as Mahomes "worst" season, he had fifty more total yards than Josh Allen did. He also had 1,000 MORE TOTAL YARDS THAN "MVP" AARON RODGERS.

Everyone shut the fuck up.
Well your biggest problem is comparing Lamar Jackson to elite QBs like Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes. Literally no one on this board would make the argument that Lamar Jackson is a top 5 QB comparable to Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, or Brady.

You're also highlighting my argument that passing yards are a bit overrated. Aaron Rodgers has four MVPs and in those seasons he threw for 4,600, 4,300, 4,300 and 4,100 yards. Dude hasn't even come close to cracking 5k.

You know who did crack 5k? Brees. Like 6 times. You know how many MVPs he's got? 0.

Don't get me wrong I think Lamar is good at what he does, but if you took him out of the current offense and dropped him into a pro-style offense he COULDN'T do it.

That being said alot people couldn't make his offense run as effective either. But the difference is they COULD run it. Just not as well.
Lots of QBs can't run a pro-style offense.

When you get a talent like Lamar Jackson, you tailor your offense to fit his skillset.

Originally Posted by Coogs:
The biggest thing about passing yards is for the top QB's is that they throw for a TD for about every 125 yards (give or take a few yards) they throw for. Mahomes happens to be right on that number for his career. 151 TD's on 18991 total yards. 125.8 yards per TD.
Well in that case, Lamar is ahead of the curve. He throws a TD every 118 yards on average.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:19 PM 07-12-2022
The top 6 can’t really be argued:

Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady
Allen
Herbert
Burrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:28 PM 07-12-2022
Allen needs to take off his magical diapers. He fills them enough and nobody remembers
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:32 PM 07-12-2022
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...-of-qb-pyramid

Nick Wright:

DO MAC JONES, BAKER MAYFIELD BELONG AT BOTTOM OF QB PYRAMID?

Beneath the Pyramid

Drew Lock, Seattle Seahawks; Daniel Jones, New York Giants; Marcus Mariota, Atlanta Falcons; Mitchell Trubisky, Pittsburgh Steelers

Wright's thoughts: "These are four guys who are ‘starting quarterbacks,’ meaning they are currently starting quarterbacks, but we know Mariota and Trubisky and career backups, and Lock is a career backup. Jones will soon be a career backup, so they don't even get ranked."

Bottom Tier

Justin Fields, Chicago Bears

2021 Stats: 2-8 record, 159-for-270 (58.9%), 1,870 YDs, seven TD, 10 INT

Wright's thoughts: "We haven't seen enough [to rank him higher.]"

Davis Mills, Houston Texans

2021 Stats: 2-9 record, 263-for-394 (66.8%), 2,664 YDs, 16 TD, 10 INT

Wright's thoughts: "I actually like some of the things I've seen, but I haven't seen enough."

Carson Wentz, Washington Commanders

2021 Stats: 9-8 record, 322-for-516 (62.4%), 3,563 YDs, 27 TD, seven INT

Wright's thoughts: "Wentz is an interesting one, because he is better than all of the guys on this tier, except for when it matters most, in which case he is worse than all of the guys on this tier."

Zach Wilson, New York Jets

2021 Stats: 3-10 record, 213-for-383 (55.6%), 2,334 YDs, nine TD, 11 INT

Wright's thoughts: "The only reason he's not lower is because of his draft pedigree."

Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins

2021 Stats: 7-5 record, 263-for-388 (67.7%, 2,653 YDs, 16 TD, 10 INT

Wright's thoughts: "You guys know I think he's going to lose his job."

Mac Jones, New England Patriots

2021 Stats: 10-7 record, 352-for-521 (67.6%), 3,801 YDs, 22 TD, 13 INT

Wright's thoughts: "I haven't explained this because I have an inkling we might be arguing about it."

Jared Goff, Detroit Lions

2021 Stats: 3-10-1 record, 332-for-494 (67.2%), 3,245 YDs, 19 TD, eight INT

Wright's thoughts: "Jared Goff is Jared Goff."

Next Tier Up (QBs No. 21-16)

[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:07 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The top 6 can’t really be argued:

Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady
Allen
Herbert
Burrow

I dn man Burrow has potential and eye test says he has “it”. But his talent at WR is stupid. I compare his 2nd year to mahomes, they both had amazing seasons. But I have a feeling if Mahomes had 3-4 legit targets and RB he would perform better.

Hell,

Their running back beat women and they drafted him. We gave ours away…..(side rant I’m still salty)
[Reply]
Page 2223 of 2687
« First < 1223172321232173221322192220222122222223 2224222522262227223322732323 > Last »
Up