ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 2687
« First < 118168208214215216217218 2192202212222282683187181218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:44 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Big brain. Lots of gigabytes.
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:59 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Picturing rook QBs in huge warehouses suspended on gimbals with VR headsets.

[Reply]
BossChief 06:03 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
BTW...Alex Smith is wearing a big freaking helmet. What's up with that? Concussion issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed that too.

Maybe more padding to prevent against another concussion?
[Reply]
Canofbier 07:08 PM 06-15-2017
I wonder if the Chiefs are using this technology?

I ordered the HTC Vive the day it became available and am the biggest proponent of VR among anyone that I know. I have no confidence whatsoever that VR as it stands today is more effective than actual practice time for any NFL player.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:14 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
I ordered the HTC Vive the day it became available and am the biggest proponent of VR among anyone that I know. I have no confidence whatsoever that VR as it stands today is more effective than actual practice time for any NFL player.
Well, practice time is severely limited in the new CBA, so the VR may be a way around that.
[Reply]
Canofbier 07:25 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Well, practice time is severely limited in the new CBA, so the VR may be a way around that.
Have you ever used VR? The potential is incredible - above what's currently available in real practice, certainly - but even the richest and most talented developers in the world are still struggling to create something worthwhile. There are some unbelievable VR experiences available, but nothing yet that would propel someone to the top of any physically-oriented profession. Given the possible entertainment revenue (video games, spectatorship, etc), the NFL's business - huge as it is - won't be the the first to successfully develop a VR application.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:52 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
Have you ever used VR? The potential is incredible - above what's currently available in real practice, certainly - but even the richest and most talented developers in the world are still struggling to create something worthwhile. There are some unbelievable VR experiences available, but nothing yet that would propel someone to the top of any physically-oriented profession. Given the possible entertainment revenue (video games, spectatorship, etc), the NFL's business - huge as it is - won't be the the first to successfully develop a VR application.
The "potential" has been incredible since the first VR setup I bought in the late 90's. I imagine it's "potential" will still be incredible 20 years from now.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:08 PM 06-15-2017
No one is saying VR replaces practice. It is about seeing plays unfold at real time and being able to dissect them from a training room instead of the field. You can practice all day, then put the head set on and keep preparing.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:34 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
No one is saying VR replaces practice. It is about seeing plays unfold at real time and being able to dissect them from a training room instead of the field. You can practice all day, then put the head set on and keep preparing.

I want one of those on Mahomes head 24/7 until training camp!

[Reply]
Canofbier 08:41 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
The "potential" has been incredible since the first VR setup I bought in the late 90's. I imagine it's "potential" will still be incredible 20 years from now.
Not to sound like a broken record, but have you used it recently? It doesn't compare to what was being marketed as "VR" a decade ago. The shit that's available today can trick your brain into forgetting where it actually is for simpler actions; I'm not sure that was true even two years ago.
[Reply]
Canofbier 08:44 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
It's not even a "supplement" until it can helpfully replicate not only physics (which it can't yet with respect to professionally handling a football) but also an intelligent defense. It'll get there, but I doubt that it's more effective than Madden at this point.
[Reply]
Canofbier 08:46 PM 06-15-2017
I realize that my last two responses seem at odds with one another, but I'm essentially saying that VR can/will one day be an effective training method but it's still not much more than an impressive novelty today.
[Reply]
penbrook 08:52 PM 06-15-2017
He's wearing the big helmet because it's a test project. They are gonna be introducing new helmets in the next few years and Alex Smith is on the advisory board for the helmet.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:03 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
He's wearing the big helmet because it's a test project. They are gonna be introducing new helmets in the next few years and Alex Smith is on the advisory board for the helmet.

So that will be the helmet all players wear in a few years?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:06 PM 06-15-2017
So that will be the helmet all players wear in a few years?

There's a company that's spent $100 million dollars developing a new helmet.

Riddell is far behind.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 2687
« First < 118168208214215216217218 2192202212222282683187181218 > Last »
Up