Cedric Tillman Tenny
Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
kccrow 05:29 PM 03-04-2023
All this really means to me is the only WR I'd consider on day 1 is Hyatt. Quentin Johnston not running bothers me but he looked really good in drills. The rest have slid to day 2 or 3.

Wilson, with his injury history and a 4.59 40, would come off my board altogether.

Addison and Downs would firmly be 2nd round.

Reed would slide to day 3.

You pay premiums for speed or size/agility combos. Else 2nd round or 3rd round if they have production. Day 3 for more questions.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:45 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
All this really means to me is the only WR I'd consider on day 1 is Hyatt. Quentin Johnston not running bothers me but he looked really good in drills. The rest have slid to day 2 or 3.

Wilson, with his injury history and a 4.59 40, would come off my board altogether.

You pay premiums for speed or size/agility combos. Else 2nd round or 3rd round if they have production. Day 3 for more questions.
Reed sliding to day 3 because he only ran a 4.45?

That's just silly. I would gladly take him in the 3rd.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:03 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Reed sliding to day 3 because he only ran a 4.45?

That's just silly. I would gladly take him in the 3rd.
No, the combination of a terrible 10-yard split and terrible vertical would bring him back to reality. He wasn't a day 2 prospect to start with but the Senior Bowl was pushing him up a bit to 3rd round talk. Most outlets had him as a 5th-6th rounder before that. He's probably a 4th-5th guy in reality.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:14 PM 03-04-2023
No, the combination of a terrible 10-yard split and terrible vertical would bring him back to reality. He wasn't a day 2 prospect to start with but the Senior Bowl was pushing him up a bit to 3rd round talk. Most outlets had him as a 5th-6th rounder before that. He's probably a 4th-5th guy in reality.
I hadn't seen the vertical and other stuff, but I still believe in his ability on the field.

His Senior Bowl and 2021 tape/production are enough to be on my list for the late 3rd though. Dudes a football player, and his 40 was right about where I expected it to be.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:27 PM 03-04-2023

AND I'm guessing other teams feel the same which mean's he's still unlikely to make it to us I think.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:48 PM 03-04-2023
Marvin Mims... man I wish that 10-yard split was a couple of ticks better. Everything else he's been doing today has him as an easy "type" for Reid's offense. Great top-end, vertical, 3-cone, etc.

JSN has put up great numbers in the 3-cone and short shuttle. I'm not too worried about his 40, he's not a burner anyhow. Probably in the 4.5-4.55 range. That shake-n-bake on display though. Hmm.

Ronnie Bell is still my call though. Outside of top-end, he did pretty well in everything. A faster version of Demarcus Robinson with far less suspect hands.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:52 PM 03-04-2023
Does the 40 change the top 5 WRs at all?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:00 PM 03-04-2023
He and Tank Dell both running 4.49 is a bit concerning at their sizes. I'd expect quite a bit more speed there.
As someone that has seen a ton of Addison, he's not a burner. He runs routes really well and knows how to create separation but he doesn't just burn.

His high end comp is Stephon Diggs. He's most likely a high end 2 and productive pretty quick but he's not a pure elite prospect.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:01 PM 03-04-2023

Zero chance Addison goes in round 2.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:08 PM 03-04-2023

The question I have about Johnson is he going to give you 17+ games a year? Seems a bit injury prone
[Reply]
kccrow 03:36 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
As someone that has seen a ton of Addison, he's not a burner. He runs routes really well and knows how to create separation but he doesn't just burn.

His high end comp is Stephon Diggs. He's most likely a high end 2 and productive pretty quick but he's not a pure elite prospect.
Making a comp to Diggs is a real stretch. I was all over Diggs in that draft. Sans absolute top-end, Bell is the nearest comp to Diggs production and all. Diggs though was a 4th rounder and I see Bell similarly.

There's not a really great comp for Addison at this point but I'd steer toward Diontae Johnson. Johnson was a 3rd rounder, of course.

I think Addison is a nice receiver, but if he doesn't have an elite trait to hang his hat on then he could easily drop out of first-round consideration.

The thing that helps him is that most of the top prospects disappointed. Just like JSN, he is a good router runner but JSN showed elite short-area quickness.
[Reply]
Big TT 06:20 AM 03-05-2023
I'm all in for Jalin Hyatt. He would be fantastic in Andy's offense.
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 03-05-2023
Smith njigba with some elite numbers other than the 40

That’s interesting
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:43 AM 03-05-2023
What about A.T. Perry and Nathaniel Dell?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:55 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Big TT:
I'm all in for Jalin Hyatt. He would be fantastic in Andy's offense.
It will be interesting to see what the "OK" 40 time does for Hyatt's stock. I think I was expecting something in the low 4.3s and wouldn't have been surprised with a 4.25, watching him play live.

To see him in game action, I think he plays faster than a 4.4 flat would suggest (even though that is incredibly fast). That's uninjured Sammy Watkins speed, and I would have pegged him closer to Hill/Hardman than Watkins.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 34
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up