ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 316 of 324
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Doesn't SF need to pay Purdy next year?

Aiyuk would be a very nice get.
They have him for asswipe money in '25 and '26.

Even if they extend him after '25 (they can't extend him before it), the extension will be structured in a way that the money won't hit until '27 and in all probability not hit fully until '28.

By then Bosa will be on a cap number he's not going to play on. Aiyuk's extension would be into fake dollars. Deebo will probably be gone. Guys like Warner, Williams and Kittle may well have retired.

Paying Purdy is the furthest thing from their minds right now, as well it should be. They should be looking to capitalize on getting solid QB play for cheap over the next 2+ years.

I'm not sure how trading Aiyuk accomplishes that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:40 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Offense wins championships.

Defense loses championships to the Chiefs. See Philly. See 49ers. See Browns this year. Aint gonna do shit.
Nah, not if you have a HOF QB. Bronco's won with a washed up Peyton and their defense, Tom won more than one with his defense. I agree it's harder with today's rules, but it's possible. With a large part of the cap going to QB's moving forward, there will be more than one way win.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 12-15-2023
Great teams win championships.

I’m all for offense but you ain’t winning with a bottom 5 unit. You could win a game I. Which the defense doesn’t play well but to win 3 straight in January, you need a defense
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:50 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They have him for asswipe money in '25 and '26.

Even if they extend him after '25 (they can't extend him before it), the extension will be structured in a way that the money won't hit until '27 and in all probability not hit fully until '28.

By then Bosa will be on a cap number he's not going to play on. Aiyuk's extension would be into fake dollars. Deebo will probably be gone. Guys like Warner, Williams and Kittle may well have retired.

Paying Purdy is the furthest thing from their minds right now, as well it should be. They should be looking to capitalize on getting solid QB play for cheap over the next 2+ years.

I'm not sure how trading Aiyuk accomplishes that.
He will only be cheap through 2025, right? If he has another great year in 2024, I'm guessing he would hold out if not give an extension with guaranteed money before the 2025 season. The last pick in the draft he's making a fraction of what 1st rounders are making and with injury risk, this is a hold out that would make sense.

The above said, I think he regresses to the mean at some point.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:52 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

I’m all for offense but you ain’t winning with a bottom 5 unit. You could win a game I. Which the defense doesn’t play well but to win 3 straight in January, you need a defense
True, our defenses were much improved heading into the playoffs under spags than they were earlier in the year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He will only be cheap through 2025, right? If he has another great year in 2024, I'm guessing he would hold out if not give an extension with guaranteed money before the 2025 season. The last pick in the draft he's making a fraction of what 1st rounders are making and with injury risk, this is a hold out that would make sense.

The above said, I think he regresses to the mean at some point.
yeah - change my math on all that. I was working from this year being '24 and adding two years to all of that (close enough to the new year that I have '24 in my head - I'm an idiot).

He has 2 full seasons AFTER this one. And another one after that before it really impacts the cap much. That's 3 seasons - a damn eternity in the NFL.

There's just no reason for them to worry about any of it yet.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:01 AM 12-15-2023

Sabotaging your salary cap by giving an aging 30 year old DT the moon is not a good idea.

I told you Chris was far closer to the player he was the 3 years before his big season last year. A 8-10 sack guy. He looks like it this year.

You can't pay him $30 million. It will really hurt this team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sabotaging your salary cap by giving an aging 30 year old DT the moon is not a good idea.

I told you Chris was far closer to the player he was the 3 years before his big season last year. A 8-10 sack guy. He looks like it this year.

Guys had 2 sacks in the last 7 weeks (both in a game we lost, no less).

And yeah, that's actually fairly demonstrative of the impact he's had over that span.

He's had, what, 2 good games since week 7? Maybe? He was pretty good in the Raiders and Packers games. He's also had some truly awful games in that stretch. Denver and Buffalo were lousy games for him. Miami wasn't much better.

I don't think you pay him $20 million.

We made our best pitch - from all publicly available information it was a damn strong one. And he saved us from ourselves. Take the win and move on.
[Reply]
O.city 11:55 AM 12-15-2023

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Guys had 2 sacks in the last 7 weeks (both in a game we lost, no less).

And yeah, that's actually fairly demonstrative of the impact he's had over that span.

He's had, what, 2 good games since week 7? Maybe? He was pretty good in the Raiders and Packers games. He's also had some truly awful games in that stretch. Denver and Buffalo were lousy games for him. Miami wasn't much better.

I don't think you pay him $20 million.

We made our best pitch - from all publicly available information it was a damn strong one. And he saved us from ourselves. Take the win and move on.
Yeah, it's over.

But everyone needs to understand what the defense is gonna be next year without some investment.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:01 PM 12-15-2023
Yeah, it's over.

But everyone needs to understand what the defense is gonna be next year without some investment.
Everyone needs to understand how the offense was this year when you pay fat guys instead of fast guys.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:01 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Toad:
“After looking at how horrendous their cap is, maybe.

If we did that, it's no Jones and no Sneed.”

That is a pretty big flip/flop…
It's called going and looking at the facts of the situation. It's a totally normal thing and an indication of intelligence to change your mind when confronted with facts that indicate your opinion was incorrect.

San Francisco is about to be in cap hell. Massive cap hits due on aging players.

I still think they probably keep the offensive weapons as much as possible, but we'll see.

And any Aiyuk trade probably means we let Jones and Sneed walk. We have a ton of free agents
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:29 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's called going and looking at the facts of the situation. It's a totally normal thing and an indication of intelligence to change your mind when confronted with facts that indicate your opinion was incorrect.

San Francisco is about to be in cap hell. Massive cap hits due on aging players.

I still think they probably keep the offensive weapons as much as possible, but we'll see.

And any Aiyuk trade probably means we let Jones and Sneed walk. We have a ton of free agents
49ers are managing their cap correctly. The window for Purdy is now when he’s cheap. They will run this for 2 to 3 years and if they win even one SB the plan worked.

I don’t think KC has to push as aggressively but we can’t repeat last offseason and be passive either. Our window is now too with Mahomes under 31 and Kelce still here.
[Reply]
Delano 01:01 PM 12-15-2023
Not sure they’ll want to give up Jones in FA when, deep down, the front office has to know their DT scouting isn’t great. I mean, their draft crush, whom they nearly traded up for, has been trash in Dallas. The guy they did draft is so bad the Broncos gave up on him in less than a month and the Chiefs gave up on him twice in one season.

Behind Jones it’s a trail of road kill.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:11 PM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

They're fine for the next year as long as Trent Williams doesn't drop off due to age.

The teams that are fucked are the Bills and Bengals. Josh Allen's cap hit jumps dramatically to $47 million next year and Burrow isn't cheap anymore at $29 million next year.

Bengals might have 1 more year. Maybe. If they can't win it all next year they too will be where we are now when Burrow cost $46 million.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 12-15-2023
They're fine for the next year as long as Trent Williams doesn't drop off due to age.

The teams that are ****ed are the Bills and Bengals. Josh Allen's cap hit jumps dramatically to $47 million next year and Burrow isn't cheap anymore at $29 million next year.

Bengals might have 1 more year. Maybe. If they can't win it all next year they too will be where we are now when Burrow cost $46 million.
Buffalo pushed 36 million of cap forward for a team that ain’t going to do shit.

Even worse is their team is old and they will need to replace their entire secondary.

On offense they are fine but if Diggs forces a trade that blows up too.
[Reply]
Page 316 of 324
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320 > Last »
Up