ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 270 of 324
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Eleazar 09:43 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, Skyy was the best run-blocking WR on the team. And where does the ball security issues thing come from? Don't say punt return fumbles, please. that's a dead issue after the CIN game.

Like I said, he doesn't seem to have the burst needed to get to the corner/create separation, but as a route-runner he's already better than Hardman was maybe ever, has very good hands. He should be pretty good from the slot.

But yeah, he's not Hardman, he's not going to be a Hardman replacement. For gadget-type plays, Toney is the replacement.
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Moore seems too limited to become a big contributor on a contending team's offense, to me. He seems like a slot guy who doesn't have the size to work on the outside or be much of a blocker, who hasn't really demonstrated the ability to consistently generate separation, and has ball security issues. He certainly has quickness off the line and can be a role player, but the limitations are significant. I don't think he compares favorably to Hardman.
The book on Moore was that he projected strictly to a slot role, he has good ball skills but doesn't have elite speed and isn't a great route runner. He didn't seem to generate a lot of separation in the passing game when he was getting snaps last season so I thought it checked out.

Kind of the mirror image of MVS in some ways. MVS has the size and speed, but doesn't have great hands, is limited in the routes he can run well, etc

These guys are both nice complimentary pieces to a depth chart with a No 1 but that isn't us.
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, your talent evaluations are very different than Veach's, Reid's, Nagy's, and Mahomes. I think I'll defer to them.
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Didn’t “seem” to generate a lot of separation?

Are you high?

Moore had a lot of analysts panting about his route running coming into the draft, his separation numbers were good last year, and you can see him on tape separating from an elite DB (Derwin James) when matched up 1x1.
There are a lot of similarities between James' game and Skyy Moore's. Undersized, quickness rather than speed, good with the ball in his hands but won't run away from defenders.
He caught ~20 balls last year, and he has more fumbles lost than touchdowns.

I hope the guy works out, but I think we can pump the brakes on all that.
Yeah, I'm not saying these guys are bad, but I think we have a list of guys you'd think of more as slot receivers and role players behind someone else.

We're missing the guy who could be the 1/2 punch with Kelce, a Kupp-type reliable first down WR, or someone like a Brown, Jefferson, Diggs, etc who can create problems in a lot of different ways at all levels of the defense.

If Toney can stay healthy then maybe we've got a pretty good group, but he's been hurt for the majority of his 3 seasons in the league, I don't know how you can count on that.
If you think of an optimistic projection for Skyy Moore to become a big contributor, maybe the comp is Christian Kirk. Same sort of player, but in a good situation and with generally good QB play, had a big year. Hopefully things turn out more in that direction for Skyy.
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He caught 20 balls largely because he was a rookie in Andy Reid's system behind veteran receivers, with a highly productive veteran playing the position he was best suited for (Smith-Schuster).

There's no need to "pump" the brakes on anything I said.

Multiple draft folks/scouts talked about his route-running and ability to separate quickly. (You can find this if you try)

His average separation/"open" numbers have been posted before (and have now been posted in this very thread)

And his tape from the Chargers game Smith-Schuster missed is available. You can watch it and see him beating Derwin James in key third-down spots when matched up 1x1 in man coverage.

Your take that he wasn't regarded as a good route runner and didn't "seem" to create separation was wildly off-target, and easily shown as such.
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Okay he doesn't return punts anymore, fumble problem solved. He had never done it before, he isn't great at it. They made Tyreek return punts his rookie year too. Others can do that better, whatever.

The real point is, Skyy Moore gets open. It was immediately obvious from his college tape and it still is. Skyy Moore will make a great slot receiver for this team. Instead of pumping the brakes, you should pump the neighbor's dog.
He's not playing against MAC teams in the NFL.

We all hope he can do it at this level. It remains unproven.
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
But...he is. He is doing it. We have proof. We have a year of proof. He got open the third most of all rookies in the NFL and now he needs snaps.

What are you talking about?

Just dropping these receipts off
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:45 PM 09-07-2023
Not sorry there was NO money available
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:04 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Not sorry there was NO money available
It's more about the "Moore is a proven commodity, you're just too dumb to see it" than it is about Hopkins.

Who still would have been pretty nice to have on a 3rd down tonight
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:46 PM 09-07-2023
Get a life loser
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:47 PM 09-07-2023
:-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:16 PM 09-07-2023
I wonder if we were more likely to sign him if we knew in advance Jones was going to go nuts.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 PM 09-07-2023
If Moore doesn't turn it around there's gonna be some crow to eat on that one.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:18 AM 09-08-2023
Lol
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:23 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Get a life loser
Disagreeing with someone is fine, but when you shit all over them for having a different opinion they are going to remember it
[Reply]
TEX 06:26 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If Moore doesn't turn it around there's gonna be some crow to eat on that one.
Meanwhile, back in Pittsburgh there's this excellent 2nd year WR...:-)

(Im still not over trading back and passing on Pickens)
[Reply]
TEX 06:29 AM 09-08-2023
We were NEVER going to get Hopkins because of the Jones situation. But its interesting how so many in this thread thought we didnt need him.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:31 AM 09-08-2023
Disagreeing with someone is fine, but when you shit all over them for having a different opinion they are going to remember it
Uh, none of those quotes are "shitting all over" you... not by a long shot by CP standards.

Much less dropping receipts after one game where Toney missed most of camp and none of the receivers benefited from having a HoF TE on the field.

It was a rough game, not season defining/"look at me, I knew they would suck!!" territory, no matter how desperate people are around here to be proven "right".
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:31 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Meanwhile, back in Pittsburgh there's this excellent 2nd year WR...:-)

(Im still not over trading back and passing on Pickens)
You act like he would be something in KC. Andy system is hard on rookies. Maybe it’s Andy not developing receivers that’s the problem.
[Reply]
TEX 06:37 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
You act like he would be something in KC. Andy system is hard on rookies. Maybe it’s Andy not developing receivers that’s the problem.
No. I act like he is very talented and we passed on him. It was a big mistake at the time, and it can still be viewed as a big mistake now. Something as glaring as that, needs to be remembered so it doesn't happen again. Who would you rather have, Pickins or Moore? That was the choice and its as easy now as it was last year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:43 AM 09-08-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
No. I act like he is very talented and we passed on him. It was a big mistake at the time, and it can still be viewed as a big mistake now. Something as glaring as that, needs to be remembered so it doesn't happen again. Who would you rather have, Pickins or Moore? That was the choice. And in case you haven't noticed, Moore is not working out.
You having an ax to grind is helping in terms of it not happening again? Are you emailing Veach and Mahomes every week to remind them to listen to you next time?
[Reply]
Page 270 of 324
« First < 170220260266267268269270 271272273274280320 > Last »
Up