ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 37
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
Swanman 01:49 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The firing line bit was awesome. They had the guys on a timer and when they got sluggish and missed shots or weren't hitting in their 2 or 3 second window, they were relieved of their position for a break.. And the horde kept coming for hours, IIRC.

That was some good shit. I don't recall the dog chapter though. Refresher?
I think they also had shrinks walking the lines checking for battle fatigue and keeping spirits high. By they end there was a large hill of dead zombies that the remaining zombies were climbing over.

The dogs were basically zombie sniffers. They would go out ahead and scout out zones for potential zombie infestations.
[Reply]
notorious 02:37 PM 10-07-2015
They missed an amazing opportunity to make an awesome movie with WWZ.

The movie wasn't terrible, I just wish they didn't waste the book. They didn't use hardly anything in it.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:40 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Bunch of armchair apocalypse survivors here.
I am no armchair apocalypse survivor, I have read this book. I am so surviving the end of civilization.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Zombie-Sur.../dp/1400049628
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:41 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:

The movie wasn't terrible, I just wish they didn't waste the book. They didn't use hardly anything in it.
I think the only thing they used was the Jewish state being smarter than the rest of the world.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:14 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:

With as many reboots that happen, you could easily re-do it and be a lot closer to the book. As a movie, World War Z wasn't too bad. It was just awful compared to the book.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:17 AM 10-08-2015
I liked WWZ but I was unaware that it was a book. I think I'll pick it up, it sounds pretty good.
[Reply]
notorious 06:34 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I liked WWZ but I was unaware that it was a book. I think I'll pick it up, it sounds pretty good.
It is good, but it is different.

The story is told like it's a historical book written through interviews. It works, though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:53 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Yep. NOTHING like the movie, and the book is far superior.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:48 AM 10-08-2015
Finally got around to watching the Finale last night. Holy shit! That was pretty good.

Ugh, will we have to wait until next summer for season2?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:54 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Finally got around to watching the Finale last night. Holy shit! That was pretty good.

Ugh, will we have to wait until next summer for season2?

Yeah probably, but we get a full season of TWD staring Sunday.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:23 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
FYI , they're showing all the past episodes daily starting at 5:00 this week leading up.

My favorite show. Even the kid and wife are hooked.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:31 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Rausch 07:49 PM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They might eventually do the same to him with this character, turn his current pacifist into a REAL hardass.
ZING!

Nice call...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:09 PM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Thinking this group becomes ruthless. Perhaps we are seeing how some people become pure evil to survive. Groups like Rick's groups has encountered.

They gave no ****s about their neighbors when they

Spoiler!
This.

The rich black guy in the suit was probably the most interesting part of the whole series. Not probably, WAS.

His character also made a point of saying the "wolves" would take over this new world. An obvious nod to where the next WD season is going.

--On a side note the wife asked me "what is it with you and black people all of a sudden? Why are you interested in all these black people? Do I need to know something?"

As she said it she was joking but it made me think: a lot of the characters I'm interested in are played by black actors/actresses. Morgan (played by a great actor,) Michone (same,) BMBS (short for Black Man in Black Suit) as well. He's fresh and has no nickname yet so I'm going with that.

Marvel/FOX/DISNEY/SONY need to watch these shows. This is how you introduce a black character. You write a great character and cast a great actor with range...
[Reply]
notorious 08:27 PM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This.

The rich black guy in the suit was probably the most interesting part of the whole series. Not probably, WAS.

His character also made a point of saying the "wolves" would take over this new world. An obvious nod to where the next WD season is going.

--On a side note the wife asked me "what is it with you and black people all of a sudden? Why are you interested in all these black people? Do I need to know something?"

As she said it she was joking but it made me think: a lot of the characters I'm interested in are played by black actors/actresses. Morgan (played by a great actor,) Michone (same,) BMBS (short for Black Man in Black Suit) as well. He's fresh and has no nickname yet so I'm going with that.

Marvel/FOX/DISNEY/SONY need to watch these shows. This is how you introduce a black character. You write a great character and cast a great actor with range...
Exactly.

They weren't written for a stereotypical character in mind. They are interesting, well acted, and just happen to be black.

That is how shit is done right.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 37
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up