ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 56
« First < 3434950515253 545556 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:39 PM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Didn’t he turn down more from us though?
lol.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:40 PM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Didn’t he turn down more from us though?
Yes, thanks to his agent. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 01:46 PM 12-24-2023
I remember all the "smart" guys here telling everyone that KC needed to pay him and keep him because LT market etc. Go back and look at the Pay LBJ Poll thread if anyone wants good laugh. :-)

Most of the same smart people were also heavily blaming Mahomes, and not the WR's for the offense problems. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:51 PM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
I remember all the "smart" guys here telling everyone that KC needed to pay him and keep him because LT market etc. Go back and look at the Pay LBJ Poll thread if anyone wants good laugh. :-)

Most of the same smart people were also heavily blaming Mahomes, and not the WR's for the offense problems. :-)
I too remember this made up scenario
[Reply]
TEX 01:55 PM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I too remember this made up scenario
Educate yourself. Go back and read the threads. Its all there. Or don't, and keep being stupid. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 01:59 PM 12-24-2023

Not sure that you of all people should be bringing up what others might have said.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:07 PM 12-24-2023
Bengals can’t draft/sign OL like Bart Vatch fucks up receivers.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:35 PM 12-24-2023
Educate yourself. Go back and read the threads. Its all there. Or don't, and keep being stupid. :-)
Point out the posts where people were like hell yeah let's sign OBJ to a contract that will reset the market.

GL. You won't find it. Sorry your pussy is throbbing about it though.
[Reply]
TEX 08:47 PM 12-24-2023
Point out the posts where people were like hell yeah let's sign OBJ to a contract that will reset the market.

Illiterate much? I clearly said people were saying KC needed to pay OBJ and everyone needed to just get used to it because that was the LT market. Never said anything about anyone being happy about it. Big difference Mongo. Also said most of the same people saying it, were also saying the problems on offense were more about Mahomes than the shit WR's. So check it out for yourself. You might learn something, clown.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:53 PM 12-24-2023

Every great GM has hits and misses. Had I been the GM Tyreek and Orlando would be Chiefs and our salary cap would be in chaos. However, George Pickens and DK Metcalf would also have been Chiefs.

On the flip side Veach has done excellent with rebuilding the defense overall. He drafted Bolton, Sneed, and traded up for McDuffie. He also hit on his first WR gem via Rice. On top of that Veach rebuilt the OL in an impressive fashion.

Veach has done an incredible job overall.
[Reply]
-King- 11:08 AM 12-26-2023

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...2#post16778502 47% of people wanted to sign him to 6 years 145mil.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:11 AM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...2#post16778502 47% of people wanted to sign him to 6 years 145mil.
Oh god, I forgot all about that poll.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:17 AM 12-26-2023
Reading arguments about Orlando has really made me feel better than reading the other arguments today. Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:44 AM 01-01-2024
Coming off the 21 season, when Brown played a credible LT - for the most part - and it seemed likely the Chiefs could get him for a deal that paid him about $22M/AAV in years 1-3, with some funny money on the back end to make it the "biggest LT deal ever" without resetting the market, I was all for the long-term deal.

He did NOT play as well in 22, and it seemed like the league figured out how to attack him better. He also started losing across his face to the inside more often, when in 21 it literally was "take an outside speed rush and hope Mahomes drifts in the pocket or you can chase him down the arc."

I was off. Thankfully, he and his agent/diabetes buddy are kind of idiots, said no, and end up signing for 1/2 of the deal KC offered.

Cincinnati's problem now. You hate to see it, but mostly, you love to see it.
[Reply]
Spott 08:49 AM 01-01-2024
Oh god, I forgot all about that poll.
TWSS.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 56
« First < 3434950515253 545556 >
Up