ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 192
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:17 PM 02-10-2024
Nabers looks so damn good. I like Thomas a lot too, just a little leery because the opposing team's best CB is on Nabers if they travel. Nabers looks like another JJ to me. Couldn't even imagine what Patrick and Reid could do with a guy like that.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:16 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The major disconnect I have with valuing PFF is it's a bunch of guys evaluating the game who don't know the game well, have never played the game, and therefore just do not in any way understand assignments and responsibilities. They are attempting to give evaluations and grades on things they have no concept of in reality. It's like me watching a figure skater and saying well... she landed it so it must have been good or she didn't so it's bad. I have no idea what jump she was attempting if it fits within the schema of the routine, or any concept of the difficulty of it.
I think this is a broadly fair argument and one I largely agree with. I know PFF has addressed the assignments point before but not in a way that satisfies me. But like Couch I do think it has some value, and I possibly like it more than most here. Really just because it somewhat tracks consistency. I think the other issue connected to assignments is re the difficulty of roles. They mark Sneed down sometimes but he's often on the opposing team's best WR.

It's definitely...limited.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:26 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I work as a data analytics and strategy consultant so I probably value their metrics more than others. There's value in evaluating players stats, advanced metrics, and game tape pre draft. I'm not thrilled with their content, honestly, thought there would be a lot more to it. Some of Veach's choices in recent years have seemed to correlate with PFF's data-driven takes so I've been curious for awhile. I'll be looking forward to their draft guide and will post more then.

Is there anything posted so far from PFF that you feel stands out as lacking value?

I think their grades are basically worthless. Especially their college grades, where there are just so many players to evaluate they can’t get enough trustworthy eyes on them.

I like advanced stats and find them useful.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 AM 02-11-2024
Harrison Jr.
Nabers
Odunze
Franklin
Thomas Jr.
Coleman
Mitchell

That's what my WR board would look like in round 1, and once you get to Coleman/Mitchell, I'm taking a DT or LT if the value is better there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:33 AM 02-11-2024
Also, couch, I’m a big data nerd myself. Not the level of doing it as a pro like you, but I have dabbled and do appreciate big data sets.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:17 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Harrison Jr.
Nabers
Odunze
Franklin
Thomas Jr.
Coleman
Mitchell

That's what my WR board would look like in round 1, and once you get to Coleman/Mitchell, I'm taking a DT or LT if the value is better there.
I'm with ya. I think they get a solid affordable vet FA WR like Tyler Boyd too.

Who do you have for rd 2 WR's? Seems like this years class could be really strong in that 40-55 pick range.

Roman Wilson, Ja’Lynn Polk, Tez Walker, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConkey, Ricky Pearsall. Jalen McMillan is also a great option if we stay at 64 as I think he'll be an early 3rd rd pick and reminds me a bit of Marvin Mims.

Just a loaded WR class man.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'm with ya. I think they get a solid affordable vet FA WR like Tyler Boyd too.

Who do you have for rd 2 WR's? Seems like this years class could be really strong in that 40-55 pick range.

Roman Wilson, Ja’Lynn Polk, Tez Walker, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConkey, Ricky Pearsall. Jalen McMillan is also a great option if we stay at 64 as I think he'll be an early 3rd rd pick and reminds me a bit of Marvin Mims.

Just a loaded WR class man.
Round 2 to early round 3:

Leggette
Worthy
Polk
Wilson
Burton
Pearsall
Rice
McMillan
Walker
McConkey
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:05 PM 02-11-2024
Harrison Jr.
Nabers
Odunze
Franklin
Thomas Jr.
Coleman

^I'm starting to feel like there's a good chance all of the above go before our pick at the bottom of the 1st.

If we don't make a move up for Franklin, maybe I'd take Legette at #32, bring in DJ Chark as FA, and look to double dip at WR again in the middle rounds, say the 3rd. Maybe a trade up for Corley or wait for our pick at the bottom of the 3rd and take Washington. Legette, Corley, and Rice would be one hell of a physical WR group in KC!

Lot's of options for us to add weapons this offseason! Going to be very exciting!

Happy Super Bowl to everyone btw!!!
[Reply]
RunKC 12:42 PM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Round 2 to early round 3:

Leggette
Worthy
Polk
Wilson
Burton
Pearsall
Rice
McMillan
Walker
McConkey
Man. If there was ever a year to take a WR in rd 2 it might be this year. Just an unreal class. Top is awesome and the depth is too.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:52 PM 02-11-2024
I love Roman Wilson’s quickness, hands, and top end speed. But he looks so damn tiny on video. Smaller than what he’s listed at, in my opinion.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:07 PM 02-11-2024
Not sure if it was Couch's draft but I'd be mighty tempted to ditch the FA vet and go WR R1 and 2. Really, really tempting. I
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:27 PM 02-11-2024
Anyone think that Hopkins might get cut?

They're letting Henry walk, maybe they want to get younger?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:28 PM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Not sure if it was Couch's draft but I'd be mighty tempted to ditch the FA vet and go WR R1 and 2. Really, really tempting. I
It's a special class and Mahomes is going to be with us for the next decade, its worth considering IMO.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:13 AM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I love Roman Wilson’s quickness, hands, and top end speed. But he looks so damn tiny on video. Smaller than what he’s listed at, in my opinion.
5'10 186 lbs is what he came in at for the Senior Bowl.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:06 PM 02-12-2024
PFF's Post SB Mock has us taking Keon Coleman at #32 just 1 pick ahead of Troy Franklin who they have going at #33. I'm not sure that would happen in reality bc I think Franklin is Andy's ideal fit, but if we ended up with Coleman it would certainly be intriguing!

1. WR Keon Coleman, FSU
2. DT Kris Jenkins, Mich

"Coleman’s draft stock has been anywhere from top-10 pick to second-rounder this draft season. He’s an incredibly gifted athlete, but his game lacks consistent separation. Still, his talent level is too high for a team like the Chiefs — who desperately need an alpha X receiver — to pass up."

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-post-...ks-first-round
[Reply]
Page 61 of 192
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up