ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 138
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
thabear04 07:54 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Where did you see this?
Think he means Elijah McGuire.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:56 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m curious about the details. You have to think Veach could have had him if he wanted him.
[Reply]
In58men 07:59 AM 03-19-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I think Veach fell flatfooted after not getting Williams. Not sure he had a backup and now a couple random guys will be brought in. Expect Watkins to be back as well.
why would you think that?

There was one clear upgrade to a healthy Fisher available in FA. We swung hard, but he chose to stay put on a record deal.

There are a couple of basically lateral moves, and they're all still out there, none have signed deals yet.

Just because you haven't heard that we're pursuing someone doesn't mean Veach hasn't been talking to agents.

And then there's the possibility of trading for a player that's under contract. We also don't know who Veach has been talking to, which would be because those teams probably don't want their player to know they're discussing trading him just in case it doesn't happen. You don't want to poison the well.

AND then there's the upcoming draft, and who knows what Veach is planning there? Perhaps he's talking to teams about a move-up.

But to say he got caught without a plan B when literally ONE legit LT is off the board is premature.

*looks like Reiff may be off the market now too. If so, it's not because we couldn't afford him. Veach must not have wanted him and has another plan in mind. I doubt very seriously he's just sitting on his hands after freeing up all of that cap room.
[Reply]
nychief 08:08 AM 03-19-2021
Curious how Veach will wiggle out of this left tackle debacle.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:09 AM 03-19-2021
Trade for a LT if you must. Not Brown though.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:10 AM 03-19-2021
Sooooo draft a LT at 31?
[Reply]
bobhill 08:12 AM 03-19-2021
Russell Okung?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:12 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Trade for a LT if you must. Not Brown though.
All that cap room Veach freed up makes me think that we'll be trading for a guy like we did Clark.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
All that cap room Veach freed up makes me think that we'll be trading for a guy like we did Clark.
They cleared that for Williams I'd imagine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:13 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They cleared that for Williams I'd imagine.
that was clearly plan A.

I think there's no reason at all to assume that was the only plan they had.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:21 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you can’t get Tunsil, I’d say sign Okung/Villanueva + draft a LT.

They might wait until the draft and possible trades sort out and then go with a guy like Peters sitting out there in May who could be a temporary safety blanket for the potential R1 LT they draft, too.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:31 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you can’t get Tunsil, I’d say sign Okung/Villanueva + draft a LT.

They might wait until the draft and possible trades sort out and then go with a guy like Peters sitting out there in May who could be a temporary safety blanket for the potential R1 LT they draft, too.
Is there any indication that the Chiefs have shown interest in Tunsil?
[Reply]
Hoover 08:34 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by nychief:
Curious how Veach will wiggle out of this left tackle debacle.
Debacle? Come on now.

I think this is an indication that Veach wants to actually address the issue, not put an bandaid on it. He still has multiple avenues including the draft and trades to address the LT spot.

I guess I look at things differently. While I would have loved to get Williams, its always a risk that you're not going to get your man in free agency. Veach didn't get his man but he has ample cap space which allows for him to trade for a vet, or better upgrade other positions.

Plus teams are not done cutting good players. Look at the Bears (who are a hot mess) cutting Kyle Fuller. Now Veach can decide if he wants to upgrade over Breeland, or not. At any rate, I think it's said fe to say that we can and probably will keep Breeland at CB for at least one more year. While not a sexy move to the fan base because it doesn't bring a new name to town, it is rather significant.

I also think it means this team is high on Niang, perhaps they think he can compete for the LT spot. Or heck, maybe they go back to Fisher and sign him to a new contract knowing that he's going to be coming back from injury. I think that is unlikely, but you never know. The one thing we do know is that when Fisher plays, the Chiefs win.

I for one am glad that the Chiefs addressed the inside of the offensive line. This team is even more dangerous when they can control the clock and score on goal to go situations.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:34 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Is there any indication that the Chiefs have shown interest in Tunsil?
No. And there is no interest from Houston that they would trade him.

But...You never know it is Houston.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 138
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up