ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3657 of 3903
« First < 2657315735573607364736533654365536563657 3658365936603661366737073757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:56 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They are not automatically dismissed they are just proven wrong.
Please show me proof that there are no longterm consequences. And proof that the CDC whistleblower's claim of 45,000+ unreported deaths within 3 days of injection is false.

It's really easy to side with the common narrative and to dismiss the rest as uninformed quacks, having agendas, etc, but that doesn't make it more logical. I could list 20 or 30 proven examples in which a government deceived its people. Many of which involved a blatant disregard for the common person's safety.

Yet you think it's more logical that those who are risking career suicide are being deceitful.
[Reply]
TLO 06:01 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Please show me proof that there are no longterm consequences. And proof that the CDC whistleblower's claim of 45,000+ unreported deaths within 3 days of injection is false.

It's really easy to side with the common narrative and to dismiss the rest as uninformed quacks, having agendas, etc, but that doesn't make it more logical. I could list 20 or 30 proven examples in which a government deceived its people. Many of which involved a blatant disregard for the common person's safety.

Yet you think it's more logical that those who are risking career suicide are being deceitful.
I for one, would like to see this list.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:03 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
For 15min of fame ,YouTube views and to sell books and other products , too many.
I could've sworn that you said a few posts ago that medical professionals don't like to toy with people's lives. Now you're telling me that "too many" are willing to do just that. Interesting.

Btw, putting a video on Youtube to grab a few clicks before your profile is banned for "misinformation" seems like a really great reason to throw away your license to practice.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:15 PM 08-15-2021
I could've sworn that you said a few posts ago that medical professionals don't like to toy with people's lives. Now you're telling me that "too many" are willing to do just that. Interesting.

Btw, putting a video on Youtube to grab a few clicks before your profile is banned for "misinformation" seems like a really great reason to throw away your license to practice.
There are always exceptions and it only takes one cause a lot of harm.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:23 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I for one, would like to see this list.
For starters, you have Gulf of Tonkin, the Iran Contra Affair, Operation Mockingbird, MK Ultra (secretly dosing people with LSD), the poisoning of alcohol during Prohibition (an estimated 10,000 died), and the Tuskegee experiment in which they misled a bunch of black Southerners to believe they were being treated for syphilis, with many dying as a result. Then you have the politicians who aided the tobacco industry in suppressing the fact that smoking is linked to cancer. In 1960, it was discovered that the polio vaccine could cause cancer, but Americans weren't told and they allowed 100 million kids to receive a contaminated vaccine.

And the daddy of them all, Operation Northwoods (a plan to commit domestic terrorism and blame Cuba). Anybody who reads the declassified docs about Northwoods will think twice before blindly trusting any gov't narratives in the future. And it had the approval of the entire Joint Chiefs of Staff.
[Reply]
wazu 06:46 PM 08-15-2021
For starters, you have Gulf of Tonkin, the Iran Contra Affair, Operation Mockingbird, MK Ultra (secretly dosing people with LSD), the poisoning of alcohol during Prohibition (an estimated 10,000 died), and the Tuskegee experiment in which they misled a bunch of black Southerners to believe they were being treated for syphilis, with many dying as a result. Then you have the politicians who aided the tobacco industry in suppressing the fact that smoking is linked to cancer. In 1960, it was discovered that the polio vaccine could cause cancer, but Americans weren't told and they allowed 100 million kids to receive a contaminated vaccine.

And the daddy of them all, Operation Northwoods (a plan to commit domestic terrorism and blame Cuba). Anybody who reads the declassified docs about Northwoods will think twice before blindly trusting any gov't narratives in the future. And it had the approval of the entire Joint Chiefs of Staff.
I'd say 99.9% of the people refusing the vaccine have no idea and could not even articulate the accusation for a single thing on your list. I've never heard of most of them. Doesn't mean there isn't substance there, but these aren't the reasons people in general don't trust the government.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:15 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'd say 99.9% of the people refusing the vaccine have no idea and could not even articulate the accusation for a single thing on your list. I've never heard of most of them. Doesn't mean there isn't substance there, but these aren't the reasons people in general don't trust the government.
Well, people don’t hear about these often for obvious reasons, but I think that many at least know about the Gulf of Tonkin situation, if not one or two others.

But yeah, in general, that’s true. Most people know about the Reichstag and other dastardly things perpetrated by other governments throughout history but assume that these kinds of things don’t happen here.
[Reply]
Carlota69 08:26 PM 08-15-2021
So I haven’t really read this thread entirely, but I will share my Covid story. It could be similar to others I’m not sure.

In November, I caught Covid. It was mild it wasn’t a big deal just very much like a cold. However, I never felt right afterwards. I was a little sluggish, headaches and my breathing was not up to par. Then in mid March I got hit with a baseball bat. One night I woke up sicker than I ever have and was absolutely unable to breathe. I went to the hospital they ignored me for a long time and I ended up bailing from that emergency room even against medical advice because they just weren’t attending to me. I couldn’t breathe. I went to another hospital, and they were all over me and two hot seconds. As it turns out I was septic, I had a blood clot in my lung and I had pneumonia. I stayed in the hospital for a week and then was down for a couple of months. They told me I couldn’t get the vaccine for 90 days after my stay in the hospital because I guess it’s just not a good idea for whatever reason. I was afraid to get the vaccine anyways because I hear the horror stories of you know feeling sick again and you know the side effects and what not so I just really didn’t want to get the vaccine, But I was advised that I needed to. Mainly because I was so susceptible to being kicked in the teeth by the virus that I really needed to take the punch in the arm. When the time came to get my vaccination I was still under the weather and was advised against getting it. Finally, I was in somewhat enough good health to get my first shot which I did. However during the time between the first shot and my final shot I still had a lot of Covid long-haul symptoms, especially the breathing difficulties. Then I got my second shot maybe two weeks ago, and I was ready to feel like shit. Turns out, I had no side effects outside of maybe a mild headache and ever since I’ve had the vaccine my breathing has improved by I would say at least 70 to 75%. I’m so grateful for that.

It is just beyond crazy to me this whole thing and what it’s done but maybe I’m on the mend. I sure hope so
[Reply]
stevieray 07:47 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Actually had a very intelligent conversation the other day with someone who isn't vaccinated yet. There was a little bit of "freedom to make my own medical decisions" to talk through, but they also have a medical history that is a risk factor, plus questions about starting a family (the CDC fully admits there isn't much data on pregnancies, but the medical history also plays a role in that)... they also found it a bit concerning that a lot of what they read was slanted towards "not much has been studied on xyz, but just get the shot anyway", but they had clearly done a lot of research. They have also had Covid (and a positive test).

It was very a very refreshing conversation with someone who wasn't simply being stubborn about it or swept up in the bullshit and was open to getting it at some point.
"Actually had a very intelligent conversation the other day with someone who isn't vaccinated" :-)

hoo boy, bet he is relieved you approve.

Buddy of mine got it. Said it kicked his ass, but he recovered. Tested positive again almost two weeks ago, no symptoms. Sounds like he was fortunate that his immune system worked.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:51 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
"Actually had a very intelligent conversation the other day with someone who isn't vaccinated" :-)

[Reply]
stevieray 07:53 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
shoe fits you too?
[Reply]
TLO 08:36 AM 08-16-2021
Will be interested to see our weekly test positive % and case count today. Hospitalizations have been trending down. Perhaps we've burnt through the majority of the vulnerable population here in NW Missouri
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 08:47 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
So I haven’t really read this thread entirely, but I will share my Covid story. It could be similar to others I’m not sure.

In November, I caught Covid. It was mild it wasn’t a big deal just very much like a cold. However, I never felt right afterwards. I was a little sluggish, headaches and my breathing was not up to par. Then in mid March I got hit with a baseball bat. One night I woke up sicker than I ever have and was absolutely unable to breathe. I went to the hospital they ignored me for a long time and I ended up bailing from that emergency room even against medical advice because they just weren’t attending to me. I couldn’t breathe. I went to another hospital, and they were all over me and two hot seconds. As it turns out I was septic, I had a blood clot in my lung and I had pneumonia. I stayed in the hospital for a week and then was down for a couple of months. They told me I couldn’t get the vaccine for 90 days after my stay in the hospital because I guess it’s just not a good idea for whatever reason. I was afraid to get the vaccine anyways because I hear the horror stories of you know feeling sick again and you know the side effects and what not so I just really didn’t want to get the vaccine, But I was advised that I needed to. Mainly because I was so susceptible to being kicked in the teeth by the virus that I really needed to take the punch in the arm. When the time came to get my vaccination I was still under the weather and was advised against getting it. Finally, I was in somewhat enough good health to get my first shot which I did. However during the time between the first shot and my final shot I still had a lot of Covid long-haul symptoms, especially the breathing difficulties. Then I got my second shot maybe two weeks ago, and I was ready to feel like shit. Turns out, I had no side effects outside of maybe a mild headache and ever since I’ve had the vaccine my breathing has improved by I would say at least 70 to 75%. I’m so grateful for that.

It is just beyond crazy to me this whole thing and what it’s done but maybe I’m on the mend. I sure hope so
Jesus...that sounds terrible.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:57 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Buddy of mine got it. Said it kicked his ass, but he recovered. Tested positive again almost two weeks ago, no symptoms. Sounds like he was fortunate that his immune system worked.
Thanks for your morning drop in to "unite".
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:58 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by Carlota69:

So sorry to hear that Carlota and I am glad you are getting better. I have read some anecdotal stories from people with long haul symptoms getting back to normal after they got the vaccine. Maybe it clears everything out.
[Reply]
Page 3657 of 3903
« First < 2657315735573607364736533654365536563657 3658365936603661366737073757 > Last »
Up