ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3611 of 3903
« First < 2611311135113561360136073608360936103611 3612361336143615362136613711 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:03 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
According to this CDC chart we have less hospitalizations for the 18-49 group per 100,000 people than the same time last year.

3.6 per 100k ending 7/31/21 compared to 5.1 per 100k 8/1/20. There was less movement and openness this time last year in those numbers, but this year more openness however with vaccines, so perhaps those differences even out with 2020 and the original variant still producing more hospitalizations. But it’s hard to say based on these numbers this variant hits younger people harder than the original variant.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/covid19_3.html

Perhaps there is other data that would support it affecting younger people different or harder than the original variant.
Eh, you'd have to break that down alot. Depending on area, vaccination rate, delta spread etc.

Like from the beginning, we're such a big diverse country, it's hard to look at a total snapshot and get much. If I'm reading that site right, thats also only a select few states worth of data.
[Reply]
wazu 02:04 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
What's your solution?

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:11 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

no talk emojis
[Reply]
carlos3652 02:13 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Eh, you'd have to break that down alot. Depending on area, vaccination rate, delta spread etc.

Like from the beginning, we're such a big diverse country, it's hard to look at a total snapshot and get much. If I'm reading that site right, thats also only a select few states worth of data.
I think people need to start breaking down the data more because one solution does not fit all based on what we are seeing.

I agree with you here, and we should be making more decisions based on Region / Age / Additional Health issues / Variants / Vaccination Status (not just comparing Vax vs Unvaxxed but Vax vs Vax and Unvaxxed vs Unvaxxed as well)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:17 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yeah it’s not perfect but it’s the only thing I could find on the CDC with hospitalizations year over year. I just don’t know that a “50% of hospitalizations, highest ever, are under 50” conveys anything meaningful given that 50% is probably most affected by many factors, including the far higher amounts of older people vaccinated compared to last year when they were such a high percentage.

It makes sense to me that younger people percentages would increase as the pool of potential older people hospitalizations reduces faster than the potential pool of younger people hospitilazations reduces. Sort of like how the more people get vaccinated the larger percentage of hospitalizations they will become.

I’m open to it affecting younger people harder than the original but hospitalization rates ad increased media focus are not an indicator of that.
[Reply]
O.city 02:33 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
I think people need to start breaking down the data more because one solution does not fit all based on what we are seeing.

I agree with you here, and we should be making more decisions based on Region / Age / Additional Health issues / Variants / Vaccination Status (not just comparing Vax vs Unvaxxed but Vax vs Vax and Unvaxxed vs Unvaxxed as well)
When anyone wants something like this done at such a large scale, you lose nuance. I agree with you here.

Let localities make decisions and help them if they need it.
[Reply]
O.city 02:35 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah it’s not perfect but it’s the only thing I could find on the CDC with hospitalizations year over year. I just don’t know that a “50% of hospitalizations, highest ever, are under 50” conveys anything meaningful given that 50% is probably most affected by many factors, including the far higher amounts of older people vaccinated compared to last year when they were such a high percentage.

It makes sense to me that younger people percentages would increase as the pool of potential older people hospitalizations reduces faster than the potential pool of younger people hospitilazations reduces. Sort of like how the more people get vaccinated the larger percentage of hospitalizations they will become.

I’m open to it affecting younger people harder than the original but hospitalization rates ad increased media focus are not an indicator of that.
You'd have to look at areas with heavy Delta percentage in the sequencing. It wouldn't necessarily be everywhere as wide spread yet.

Also weighing in vaccination rates of those ages Etc.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:15 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
You cant just put everyone in one bucket.. and say all unvaccinated are stupid.
Just add the words "by choice" after unvaccinated and you sure as hell can.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:48 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Except here's information directly from the American Journal of Medicine stating the exact opposite of what you claim:

That quote directly refutes your claim. I'm sure you'll revise your opinion now, after being shown direct evidence from the source.... right?
That article only mentions HCQ, which by itself is virtually worthless. Zinc is crucial.

In January, they published this:

https://stateofthenation.co/?p=51305

In which they said that HCQ, Azithromycin and Zinc was their recommended protocol and the most effective treatment.

Although it's interesting how quickly they changed their tune from this:

HCQ was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1955, has been used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide since then, is sold over the counter in many countries, and has a well-characterized safety profile that should not raise undue alarm.

to this:

The article that the Brazilian government quotes as “proof” of the efficacy of HCQ was posted in PubMed before studies demonstrated that HCQ does more harm than good.

So they suddenly decided to disregard 66 years of safety evidence due to a few studies in which extreme doses were administered to very late stage patients? Seems legit.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:51 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
That article only mentions HCQ, which by itself is virtually worthless. Zinc is crucial.

In January, they published this:

https://stateofthenation.co/?p=51305

In which they said that HCQ, Azithromycin and Zinc was their recommended protocol and the most effective treatment.

Although it's interesting how quickly they changed their tune from this:

HCQ was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1955, has been used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide since then, is sold over the counter in many countries, and has a well-characterized safety profile that should not raise undue alarm.

to this:

The article that the Brazilian government quotes as “proof” of the efficacy of HCQ was posted in PubMed before studies demonstrated that HCQ does more harm than good.

So they suddenly decided to disregard 66 years of safety evidence due to a few studies in which extreme doses were administered to very late stage patients? Seems legit.
Again, why are you so invested in this? Why not refocus that energy towards vaccination?
[Reply]
carlos3652 04:03 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Just add the words "by choice" after unvaccinated and you sure as hell can.
You cant be serious.

If a couple who is healthy in the designated age range (with probabilities of less than 1% of death) chooses not to have the vaccine because of wanting to have a baby and unsure of the clinical trials and long lasting effects on their future child who has to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then be breastfed for an additional 10 months..

Your opinion to call them stupid.... but you are wrong.
[Reply]
TLO 04:09 PM 08-05-2021
So that Moderna data looked pretty sweet, eh?
[Reply]
TLO 04:12 PM 08-05-2021

Moderna’s final analysis of our Phase 3 COVE Study is out (median follow-up 5.3 months):

•Against COVID-19: 93.2%
•Against severe COVID-19: 98.2%
•Against death caused by COVID-19: 100%

— Chise �������� (@sailorrooscout) August 5, 2021

[Reply]
carlos3652 04:15 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
So that Moderna data looked pretty sweet, eh?
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/moder...-dose/37230609

Is this it? 93% is pretty good and not surprised that they are advocating for a 3rd boost might be needed for additional variants in the fall / winter.

How do you compare the efficacy of the unvaccinated vs the vaccinated?
[Reply]
carlos3652 04:18 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Wow, that means that there were no deaths if you took the Moderna shot vs Covid!

Im assuming also 100% survivability of taking the shot. (does the data show that too?)

Damn. thats awesome.
[Reply]
Page 3611 of 3903
« First < 2611311135113561360136073608360936103611 3612361336143615362136613711 > Last »
Up