ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3606 of 3903
« First < 2606310635063556359636023603360436053606 3607360836093610361636563706 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 03:46 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
It always seems like a bit of a hypocrisy - same reason people quote the CDC for some things but say they are full of ish for other things, or spout off about how the FDA hasn't approved the vaccine but then say the FDA is a fraud in other scenarios.

And this happens on both sides. I'm not really sure why people go back to the "protecting others" argument for the vaccine, while knowing full well that everyone has the option to get the vaccine. (I know, I know...variants)
I get that, and to some extent I agree with you. However, it's all about where this course of action takes us:

Option A:
-We top out at about 70% of people who get the vaccine
-There's enough spread that we are constantly dealing with slight hits to the vaccines' effectiveness and likely have to deal with regular booster shots
-We'll continue to see surges in cases, which result in local restrictions here and there (masks, capacity, etc.)
-A vast majority of people who die are unvaccinated, but a handful of people who are vaccinated die as well

Option B:
-We get up in the range of 90%+ vaccinated
-There aren't enough unvaccinated people for it to spread much
-Restrictions are extremely rare if not entirely nonexistent
-Because of that, there aren't many deaths among the remaining unvaccinated, let alone people who are vaccinated
-Eventually, the goal might be to eliminate it altogether (though admittedly, that's something that will likely take worldwide efforts for decades)

I generally think that everyone's had their chance and that I don't really care if people don't want it to get it, but I do feel bad for:
1. Healthcare workers
2. People who can't get the vaccine due to other health complications
3. The unlucky ones for whom the vaccine doesn't work
4. Anyone involved in hospitality or tourism, which is doomed to a constant state of uncertainty
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:58 PM 08-04-2021
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...253255273.html

Originally Posted by :
Florida reported 16,935 new COVID cases, 140 deaths and more than 12,000 people hospitalized in the state as of Tuesday, the third day in a row of record-breaking COVID hospitalizations as Florida hospitals temporarily suspend elective surgeries to conserve staff and make room for infected patients, the majority of them younger and unvaccinated.
From another forum:

Originally Posted by :
I live in one of the problem areas, and healthcare seems to be simply crushed here.

My wife has been trying to get her elderly mother to a doc for excruciating back pain for two days. Can't get her in to see her PCP either by appt or walk-in. Can't get her in to see the guy who did her back surgery ten years ago without a new referral. Couldn't get her seen when they walked into a back clinic advertising evaluations to walk-ins. Went to an urgent care clinic twice and the wait was an indeterminate number of hours both times so they left. Went to one ER and were told the wait would be hours and there was no place for her to lie down while waiting to be seen as all rooms were full and they had patients waiting in three different hallways to be seen by the ER. They have been considering calling an ambulance to try to get her into an ER and may end up going that route since she is driving my wife crazy. Unbelievable.
This is why this shit matters. Your idiocy doesn't just affect you, it put a huge strain on the system and affects all of us. We don't live in the wild west where you just go die in a field and get eaten by coyotes.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:06 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I don’t think we can dumb it down any further so , it’s complicated.
You can't summarize why he's a quack?

How shocking!
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:07 PM 08-04-2021
You haven't listened to any of the well-thought out posts yet. Why should others do homework for you just so you can instantly dismiss it out of hand?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:14 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

How shocking!
Why do you think is isn’t one?
[Reply]
stevieray 04:16 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's hard to believe anyone would think
No, it's not. Not for you anyway,

You've been thinking for other people since this started.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:18 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@ABC: JUST IN: Nearly 72,000 children in the U.S. tested positive for COVID-19 last week—a massive jump from the approximately 39,000 cases among kids one week earlier. https://abcn.ws/3jndNzc
Jesus.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:20 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
No, it's not. Not for you anyway,

You've been thinking for other people since this started.
:-)

We can always trust you to chime in with an irrelevant snipe at people for no reason.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:25 PM 08-04-2021

H. Scott Apley, Chair of Galveston County Texas GOP, Mocked COVID Days Before He Died of Virus https://t.co/xrLe9hkBSx

— SWCC Vet CJ (@SWCC5) August 4, 2021

At least he did his own research.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:25 PM 08-04-2021

How shocking!
Can you explain why is isn’t one and why anybody should trust him more than doctors ru Ning large ICU s all over the world.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:45 PM 08-04-2021
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-dies-of-covid

Originally Posted by :
A “fit and healthy” 42-year-old who loved climbing mountains and lifting weights has died of Covid-19 after refusing to get vaccinated, leaving his twin sister and mother heartbroken.

The two women warned others not to think they are invulnerable to the dangers of the virus.

The father of one, John Eyers, a construction expert from Southport in Merseyside, was described by his sister Jenny McCann as “the fittest, healthiest person I know”.

She added that her brother had been climbing Welsh mountains and camping in the wild four weeks before his death.

But he was left in intensive care after catching coronavirus, and told his consultant before he was ventilated that he wished he had been vaccinated. His twin said his death was “a tragedy”.
Originally Posted by :
Healthcare workers and Covid patients have increasingly spoken out about feeling a sense of regret about being unvaccinated once they fall seriously ill.

Dr Samantha Batt-Rawden, a senior intensive care registrar, said she had come across only one patient in critical care who had received both vaccination doses, and that the “vast majority” of people she was seeing were “completely unvaccinated”.

Batt-Rawden said it was difficult to witness the look of regret on patients’ faces when they became unwell and needed to go on a ventilator.

“You can see it dawn on them that they potentially made the biggest mistake of their lives [in not getting the vaccine], which is really hard,” she said, adding that she had overheard people telling family members about their remorse.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:00 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Can you explain why is isn’t one and why anybody should trust him more than doctors ru Ning large ICU s all over the world.
So you're basically saying he's lying about it simply because it wasn't a widely-used treatment? Even though we already know why it wasn't widely used?
[Reply]
Monticore 05:34 PM 08-04-2021
So you're basically saying he's lying about it simply because it wasn't a widely-used treatment? Even though we already know why it wasn't widely used?
He lied about his trial being FDA approved, what makes you think he is qualified to run any type of trial?
Any doctor making claims about have a 100% effective drug towards any disease should set off some red flags, but the medical world still did their due diligence and like Daface said and all the studies Fish linked it came to the conclusion it didn’t make a significant difference and in some cases caused harm .

If it worked they would use it

You remind me of that lady at 46 sec

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJD1Iw...ature=youtu.be
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:40 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

At least he did his own research.
Ts and Ps, yo.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:03 PM 08-04-2021
Raidersofthecellar is doing a fucking perfect "Pete" impression. Well done! Just keep making yourself look dumb as hell and ignore what everyone else is saying, then call them idiots for not listening to shit that was discussed like a year ago or more.
[Reply]
Page 3606 of 3903
« First < 2606310635063556359636023603360436053606 3607360836093610361636563706 > Last »
Up