ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3605 of 3903
« First < 2605310535053555359536013602360336043605 3606360736083609361536553705 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:43 PM 08-04-2021
Just got word a minute ago another one of my employees who tested positive for covid last week has been in the hospital the last 2 days and is in ICU.

He is around 32 years old. and on major oxygen. He lost consciousness at home and his wife had to call an ambulance Monday. He woke up in the hospital.

All these people thinking this is no different than the original variant are dumb as ****.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:58 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
It was banned in some states.

HCQ has a long track record of safety and has been FDA-approved for 65 years. In fact, relative to other pharmaceuticals, it's one of the safest.

And there just aren't a lot of studies on HCQ + zinc. But those that exist are promising, and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence.

If their only goal was to promote safe and effective treatments, there was no rational reason to put the hammer down on HCQ/zinc.
If it worked they would use it period, they have no reason to hate HCQ my wife uses it for her patients with RA where it works and those patients also require constant monitoring/blood work etc.. but it also a drug she would never want to take unless she had to and why we avoid countries with high risk of malaria when we travel because the drug has issues with it as well.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:10 PM 08-04-2021
It was in some states. Here's a few examples:

Minnesota’s governor and Board of Pharmacy have taken action to manage the supply of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in the state, and at this time, are not allowing it to be dispensed for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.

On April 2, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey issued executive order 2020-20 which placed restrictions on the prescribing and dispensing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for use in treating or preventing COVID-19.

On June 15, citing the FDA's revocation of their Emergency Use Authorization for the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19, the Arkansas Department of Health updated their guidance to indicate that the use of either drug for the treatment of COVID-19 should be avoided in both outpatient and hospital settings.

On April 3, the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services issued an emergency order regulating the prescribing and dispensing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in the state.

The order prohibits the prescribing or dispensing of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for the prevention of COVID-19, and establishes a quantity limit of 30 days only for patients who were not already established on either medication. Patients already established will not be limited to a 30-day supply.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3875427/posts
Because there are lupus patients who need it way more and a supply shock of HCQ would have jeopardized getting critical medicine to those who really need it. And given the costs to the healthcare system they didn't want to introduce new costs for a treatment they don't believe in, let alone negatively impact patient outcomes for ICUs already buried with capacity.

Hospitals got annihilated by this. If they had any confidence in HCQ it would have been implemented pronto. And with all the burned out health care workers, you'd hear way more than a few anecdotes from doctors if they believed it could make their lives less stressful.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:18 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If it worked they would use it period, they have no reason to hate HCQ my wife uses it for her patients with RA where it works and those patients also require constant monitoring/blood work etc.. but it also a drug she would never want to take unless she had too and why we avoid countries with high risk of malaria when we travel because the drug has issues with it as well.
Big Pharma has billions of reasons to discourage its use.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:17 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just got word a minute ago another one of my employees who tested positive for covid last week has been in the hospital the last 2 days and is in ICU.

He is around 32 years old. and on major oxygen. He lost consciousness at home and his wife had to call an ambulance Monday. He woke up in the hospital.

All these people thinking this is no different than the original variant are dumb as ****.
It's hard to believe anyone would think it's not different at this point. It pretty clearly spreads more easily.

I haven't seen anything concrete on the severity (not at all doubting your story, but there were SOME young people who were hit hard before as well), but it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually get a feel soon that it's indeed more severe.

All that said, death rates are still holding somewhat steady. (Sad that we're just kind of used to a pace of ~500/day, but here we are.)
[Reply]
stumppy 02:25 PM 08-04-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 02:31 PM 08-04-2021
JFC.

gif me download
[Reply]
Otter 08-04-2021, 02:41 PM
This message has been deleted by Otter. Reason: z
RaidersOftheCellar 02:56 PM 08-04-2021
As with many crowds, "objective" and "open-minded" is code for the opposite.

I see that nobody has anything to say about the article about Dr Zelenko above. There are more where that came from.

Obviously all fake news. The little guy is always lying/scamming and those in powerful positions are saintly, one and all.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:59 PM 08-04-2021
As with many crowds, "objective" and "open-minded" is code for the opposite.

I see that nobody has anything to say about the article about Dr Zelenko above. There are more where that came from.

Obviously all fake news. The little guy is always lying/scamming and those in powerful positions are saintly, one and all.
We talked about that quack last March plenty of it in this thread you are free to read it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:09 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Channels the HCQ? Sorry, but that's just BS.

Your link is an observation study looking at only 255 cases. It's not peer reviewed. Take a look at the meta studies I linked in this post: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=54030

There is ample evidence showing that HCQ isn't really that effective for covid. In some cases it even increased mortality. It's been discussed for over a year.
I meant that HCQ channels the zinc into the cells. The point is that both are necessary (the natural supplement quercetin is said to be a good substitute for HCQ also).

Studies focusing on the power of HCQ or CQ alone are worthless and irrelevant.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:10 PM 08-04-2021
Ah, the famed "I couldn't change your mind on this thing I'm clutching onto no matter what you say, which means you're the closed minded one".
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:22 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
We talked about that quack last March plenty of it in this thread you are free to read it.
So what's a short summation? Why is he a quack (and others that have reported similar info)?
[Reply]
Monticore 03:23 PM 08-04-2021
I meant that HCQ channels the zinc into the cells. The point is that both are necessary (the natural supplement quercetin is said to be a good substitute for HCQ also).

Studies focusing on the power of HCQ or CQ alone are worthless and irrelevant.

Well you solved the case , a game changer you should run to the nearest ICU and let them know.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:26 PM 08-04-2021
So what's a short summation? Why is he a quack (and others that have reported similar info)?
I don’t think we can dumb it down any further so , it’s complicated.
[Reply]
sedated 03:36 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Don't get hating Big Pharma for the vaccine but it is ok to love them for HCQ. I am sure whatever company owns HCQ would have loved it to work so they could have made money.
It always seems like a bit of a hypocrisy - same reason people quote the CDC for some things but say they are full of ish for other things, or spout off about how the FDA hasn't approved the vaccine but then say the FDA is a fraud in other scenarios.

And this happens on both sides. I'm not really sure why people go back to the "protecting others" argument for the vaccine, while knowing full well that everyone has the option to get the vaccine. (I know, I know...variants)
[Reply]
Page 3605 of 3903
« First < 2605310535053555359536013602360336043605 3606360736083609361536553705 > Last »
Up