ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3604 of 3903
« First < 2604310435043554359436003601360236033604 3605360636073608361436543704 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:42 AM 08-04-2021
Don't get hating Big Pharma for the vaccine but it is ok to love them for HCQ. I am sure whatever company owns HCQ would have loved it to work so they could have made money.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:54 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Don't get hating Big Pharma for the vaccine but it is ok to love them for HCQ. I am sure whatever company owns HCQ would have loved it to work so they could have made money.
I would not surprised if Pfizer made a version since it 's patent is probably expired.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:23 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah, if the treatment or prevention was water, someone would have found a way to profit from it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:26 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, if the treatment or prevention was water, someone would have found a way to profit from it.
Not enough $ in that method.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:28 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Not enough $ in that method.
The bottled water industry would like a word.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:47 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I drink some water everyday and I've not caught the 'rona. I think the facts speak for themselves.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:52 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
And this is why the conversation always derails. You're not looking to learn. You're looking to defend a position that you don't even understand. It just becomes a waste of everyone's time.
So, given that the Lancet study was retracted, what logical reasons were there to ban use of HCQ?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:56 AM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So, given that the Lancet study was retracted, what logical reasons were there to ban use of HCQ?
It had no benefit and since the drug it self has risks , when the benefit doesn't not outweigh risk it doesn't tend to be used and I wasn't aware it was banned it is just not recommended for treatment doesn't mean it can't be used.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:58 AM 08-04-2021
When was HCQ banned? The health system that I worked for had it as a compassionate use treatment option for several months but it was eventually phased out.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:02 PM 08-04-2021
It's not banned. It's just that no one is using it (again, because it makes very little difference).
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:08 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It had no benefit and since the drug it self has risks , when the benefit doesn't not outweigh risk it doesn't tend to be used and I wasn't aware it was banned it is just not recommended for treatment doesn't mean it can't be used.
It was banned in some states.

HCQ has a long track record of safety and has been FDA-approved for 65 years. In fact, relative to other pharmaceuticals, it's one of the safest.

And there just aren't a lot of studies on HCQ + zinc. But those that exist are promising, and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence.

If their only goal was to promote safe and effective treatments, there was no rational reason to put the hammer down on HCQ/zinc.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:16 PM 08-04-2021
It's not banned. It's just that no one is using it (again, because it makes very little difference).
So you think that all the anecdotal evidence is false?

Here's just one of many:

https://stateofthenation.co/?p=51722

Story at-a-glance

As early as March 2020, Dr. Vladimir Zelenko boasted a near-100% success rate treating COVID-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), azithromycin and zinc sulfate for five days

Zelenko has now treated 3,000 patients with COVID-19 symptoms and only three high-risk patients have died

Misinformation and outright lies were spun about HCQ, including fabricated research, in an apparent effort to suppress and prevent widespread use

Early treatment is crucial. During the first five days of SARS-CoV-2 infection, the viral load remains fairly steady. Around Day 5, it exponentially increases, potentially overwhelming your immune system. To prevent complications, treatment needs to begin within the first five days of symptom onset

Early treatment is also crucial to prevent “long-haul” symptoms after recovery. None of Zelenko’s patients who started their treatment within the first five days went on to develop long-haul symptoms

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:17 PM 08-04-2021
The bottled water industry would like a word.
You think bottled water is as profitable as the covid vaccine?

Bottled water is actually very low margin business.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:19 PM 08-04-2021
It was banned in some states.

HCQ has a long track record of safety and has been FDA-approved for 65 years. In fact, relative to other pharmaceuticals, it's one of the safest.

And there just aren't a lot of studies on HCQ + zinc. But those that exist are promising, and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence.

If their only goal was to promote safe and effective treatments, there was no rational reason to put the hammer down on HCQ/zinc.
This will be my last response to you, as you're just wasting everyone's time and space. It's not banned. Never has been. No one cares because there are far better treatments available.

If you want to join the ranks of people who swear by things like essential oils and herbal supplements, fine. Just stop trying to convince others that you're onto some miracle cure.

The rest of us will be paying attention to things that actually matter.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:27 PM 08-04-2021
This will be my last response to you, as you're just wasting everyone's time and space. It's not banned. Never has been. No one cares because there are far better treatments available.

If you want to join the ranks of people who swear by things like essential oils and herbal supplements, fine. Just stop trying to convince others that you're onto some miracle cure.

The rest of us will be paying attention to things that actually matter.
It was in some states. Here's a few examples:

Minnesota’s governor and Board of Pharmacy have taken action to manage the supply of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in the state, and at this time, are not allowing it to be dispensed for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.

On April 2, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey issued executive order 2020-20 which placed restrictions on the prescribing and dispensing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for use in treating or preventing COVID-19.

On June 15, citing the FDA's revocation of their Emergency Use Authorization for the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19, the Arkansas Department of Health updated their guidance to indicate that the use of either drug for the treatment of COVID-19 should be avoided in both outpatient and hospital settings.

On April 3, the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services issued an emergency order regulating the prescribing and dispensing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in the state.

The order prohibits the prescribing or dispensing of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for the prevention of COVID-19, and establishes a quantity limit of 30 days only for patients who were not already established on either medication. Patients already established will not be limited to a 30-day supply.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3875427/posts
[Reply]
Page 3604 of 3903
« First < 2604310435043554359436003601360236033604 3605360636073608361436543704 > Last »
Up