ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3557 of 3903
« First < 2557305734573507354735533554355535563557 3558355935603561356736073657 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:40 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Lol, do people (adults) really carry a condom, even when single and going out, much less all the time?
Right now which is more life-threatening, sex or Covid?
A person would probably put a condom in their pocket when they are going out to the club, etc.
A person should probably put a mask in their pocket every day when they go into public.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:43 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
"I'll spend money so unvaccinated people can do the right thing, while inconveniencing everyone who's been vaccinated" is not called a compromise. :-)
No, but like many other situations those that were willing to do the right thing have to make up for those that are not, were not, will not do the right things. It is the burden of being the bigger people.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:58 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No, but like many other situations those that were willing to do the right thing have to make up for those that are not, were not, will not do the right things. It is the burden of being the bigger people.
That's basically what I said. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:20 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's basically what I said. :-)
Oh ok, that is not how I read that. I read it as you were on the other side of the "compromise".
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:25 PM 07-17-2021
Have you been vaccinated? Most people probably do not carry a mask in their pocket but they should just like a condom or contraceptive.
The mask order was lifted because they thought that hospitals could now maintain the number of patients. They did not lift the mask mandates because it was safe for you.
Yes, I’m vaccinated and one of the “good guys” in this struggle.

Imagine further hindering your intentions with shit takes like this.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:43 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yes, I’m vaccinated and one of the “good guys” in this struggle.

Imagine further hindering your intentions with shit takes like this.
What do you disagree with? Why do you think it is a "shit" take. It is extremely accurate whether you like it or agree with it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:50 PM 07-17-2021
Oh ok, that is not how I read that. I read it as you were on the other side of the "compromise".
I incorrectly assumed Wallymo was talking about businesses compromising by providing masks to anti-maskers, as I wouldn't have expected someone who's vaccinated to say it's the "cost of enforcing their rules" and that it's their compromise.

But, that's sadly true both ways... vaccination rates aren't high enough for companies to turn away unvaccinated people, so they have to cater to them by handing out masks to everyone (and since I'm sure they don't want to deal with the clusterfuck that would be figuring out who's vaccinated and who's not).
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:00 PM 07-17-2021
What do you disagree with? Why do you think it is a "shit" take. It is extremely accurate whether you like it or agree with it.
Simple answer is why get vaccinated if you still have to put up with the likes of you when pondering simple scenarios everyone who’s vaccinated might encounter.

We get it, you believe you’re at risk. Ive done all I’m willing to do to protect myself and you.

I’m married with no intentions of cheating, the fuck would I carry a condom with me and how would I explain that unnecessary protection to my wife?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 PM 07-17-2021
Simple answer is why get vaccinated if you still have to put up with the likes of you when pondering simple scenarios everyone who’s vaccinated might encounter.

We get it, you believe you’re at risk. Ive done all I’m willing to do to protect myself and you.

I’m married with no intentions of cheating, the fuck would I carry a condom with me and how would I explain that unnecessary protection to my wife?
Yeah, I know several people who said getting vaccinated was an emotional moment for them, either because they're higher risk, healthcare workers, or were just extremely ready to get back to normal..... and then to flash forward to the delta variant spike and people being turned away at hospitals once again, and the timeline to 'get back to normal' still not quite being there because businesses (rightfully so) don't want to deal with it.......... but, oh, vaccinated people who have taken it seriously this whole time, please keep masking up, since the other half of the country doesn't care about getting back to normal.

It's annoying... and there's no great answer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:18 PM 07-17-2021
It’s frustrating working with data for a living and living among people making presumptions on emotional

#everyside
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:39 PM 07-17-2021

What the fuck does "putting up with the likes of you" even mean? The fact that I have different or stronger opinion and thoughts than you is just people being different. You should have gotten vaccinated to lower your risk. Not because of anyone else or having to deal with anyone else.
I am at risk since I work at a hospital and have to maintain oxygen, medical air, vacuum ports, air conditioning, and many other pieces of equipment in patient rooms. I have been vaccinated. I wear a mask anyway because I might actually get it and not have bad enough symptoms to realize I am positive or spreading it around.
But people that will not get vaccinated and will not wear masks put me and every other healthcare worker at risk because they will not take this seriously as they should.
If you can't see where the condom example doesn't apply to you then that is on you.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:56 PM 07-17-2021
Been fully vaccinated since early January and stopped wearing masks in the Spring but now I am back to wearing them when I go to places like Walmart.

On Thursday my employer mandated masks again for everyone.

It sucks that people won’t do the right thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:59 PM 07-17-2021
What the fuck does "putting up with the likes of you" even mean? The fact that I have different or stronger opinion and thoughts than you is just people being different. You should have gotten vaccinated to lower your risk. Not because of anyone else or having to deal with anyone else.
I am at risk since I work at a hospital and have to maintain oxygen, medical air, vacuum ports, air conditioning, and many other pieces of equipment in patient rooms. I have been vaccinated. I wear a mask anyway because I might actually get it and not have bad enough symptoms to realize I am positive or spreading it around.
But people that will not get vaccinated and will not wear masks put me and every other healthcare worker at risk because they will not take this seriously as they should.
If you can't see where the condom example doesn't apply to you then that is on you.
Bolded does not compute.

The likes of you refers to people insinuating others who have done their part should still carry masks in their pockets for reasons not back by anything substantial. If you can't see the undercutting of the very message you feel so strongly about then that is on you.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:35 AM 07-18-2021
Fuck carrying or wearing a mask when I'm vaccinated. I got vaccinated, I'm not going to be the one spreading it to some dip shit that's not vaccinated and if I did, then who cares? The person that I would potentially spread it to sure as fuck wouldn't care, because it's not a big deal anyways.

Quit punishing the people that have been doing their part and following guidelines.
[Reply]
A8bil 01:11 AM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
**** carrying or wearing a mask when I'm vaccinated. I got vaccinated, I'm not going to be the one spreading it to some dip shit that's not vaccinated and if I did, then who cares? The person that I would potentially spread it to sure as **** wouldn't care, because it's not a big deal anyways.

Quit punishing the people that have been doing their part and following guidelines.
Hmmm....doesn't the current data suggest that a vaccinated person can carry and spread the virus? And doesn't the data also support the conclusion that even someone vaccinated can get sick from the virus? If both are correct, then your entire argument fails. By not wearing a mask, you could be putting people equally as careful as you at risk.
[Reply]
Page 3557 of 3903
« First < 2557305734573507354735533554355535563557 3558355935603561356736073657 > Last »
Up