Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:59 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
You could cut Thuney as early as 2025 and save $16 million. He is not going to hinder signing both of these other guys if their first year cap hit is a bit lower. You're wrong.
Just how low do you think you can get the cap hits? I think you're underestimating this greatly.

And half the defense is up, as well.

I seriously doubt it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:03 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I thought the holding call was BS but in the slow motion replay it did look like he was tight in and holding the defender's jersey. I do think this happens all the time and rarely gets called. We just had one of those refs who decided to be a stickler at that moment. Jee whiz.

The "inside the frame" of the defender thing is not part of the rule.

NFL RULE SUMMARY

An offensive player may not use his hands or arms to materially restrict an opponent or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions include but are not limited to:

grabbing or tackling an opponent;
hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
pulling him to the ground.
Absolutely right - there is no strict 'inside the frame' rule.

But when every OL coach teaches it that way down to the HS level, and when NFL officials CALL it that way game in, game out, I think it's fair to say that it's bullshit when they DON'T call it that way here.

It's not much different from the Taylor conversations from earlier this season. When they don't call that formation penalty - at all, ever - then they just start calling it on you, that's inequitable. That's creating an uneven playing field.

And in this instance it almost certainly took 4 points off the board. Which then took a 5th off when we chased the 2 point. Which then likely took another 3 points off when we were going for a TD instead of a FG to tie on the last drive.

I mean it's pretty easy to draw a line back to that play, is it not? And a penalty that simply isn't a penalty 99 times out of 100.

I think it's fair to be pretty damn irritated about that.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:07 PM 12-04-2023
Oh I’m irritated. F the refs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:24 PM 12-07-2023
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Creed Humphrey (@creed_humphrey)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:41 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No one said anything cuz no one wanted Creeds dad to whoop their ass.
I wouldn’t want to be the guy that passed him off or hit on his wife. The dud is just not big but looks like he can handle himself as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:46 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I guess it's possible to pay him AND Humphrey, but I'd say the following things have to go right at minimum to make it happen:

1. Jones will have moved on somewhere else by that point. I know that's probably a given, but I figured I should put it on the checklist anyway.

2. Thuney will be gone. Again, not too much of a big ask given where he's at in the contract and his age.

3. Either Taylor moves over to LT or the Chiefs find a way to keep paying that position dirt cheap either through finding a starter in the draft or some other odd solution. I don't think they can spend big on a free agent or through trading for an established veteran, even one who's still got a couple years left on his rookie deal if that somehow manages to manifest itself.

4. The Chiefs continue to go cheap at WR and DB for the next several years. If they end up drafting and developing a WR into a quality starter, he's not going to get paid at the end of his rookie deal with the way WR contracts have exploded relative to the cap in recent seasons. There is some flexibility here if Kelce retires, I'd say, but we definitely can't hand out an AJ Brown-type contract to anybody.

That means the Chiefs need to find the following through cheap means (most likely the draft):

A starting OT, a starting LG, either another quality passrusher or a decent pair of solid starting hogs at DT, and decent replacements for at least half of the secondary and WRs.

Again... it's possible. Worth it, though? I'd rather be able to keep around Bolton and one of Gay or Chenal. Plus a good safety. And Karlaftis and FAU will be getting deep into their rookie deals by that point. We should probably try to keep ONE of them. How about some cash to target a Carlos Dunlap-type veteran to fill in a gap or two? And yeah, you don't necessarily NEED those things, but if you do walk away from them, we're going to need to draft a cheap replacement if we have hope of keeping a balanced and talented team for Pat to work his magic with.

Man, in that case it's just plain easier to try to find a replacement at RG.
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
1 - Jones is gone and we all know it, just praise the saints we weren't left standing there almost naked on the D line this year... both parties will move on amicably next year no doubt

2 - Thuney has been a rock, but I'd bet on a divorce in the future and good luck to him

3 - Taylor moving to LT is the ideal outcome no question about it, that needs to happen

4 - Not worried about the receiver room at all, at least a few of these guys will develop and 15 can shine up a shit sandwich if he has to... but its probably time to find the Kelce heir apparent

5 - not even worried about this defense at all, the pipeline is pretty loaded across the board... and we get an honest chance to move on from Jones next year, not left standing there like idiots in week one

All the other worries about contracts coming up a couple years from now are in the rear view.... Veach will deal with it when we get there
Thuney is guaranteed something like $27 million next year due to the restructure a couple of years ago. He’s going nowhere for another year.

Hopefully, Morris can handle the LT job. We owe him $4.5 million over 3 years. Best LT deal in the NFL.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:40 PM 02-11-2024
Love Creed, but what in the world has been the deal with these low snaps all year?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:41 PM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Love Creed, but what in the world has been the deal with these low snaps all year?
It's really perplexing. No idea how he can be this bad all season long.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:42 PM 02-11-2024
Sounds like a problem seeking a summer solution to me. Hey look! We just won the Super Bowl!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:44 PM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Sounds like a problem seeking a summer solution to me. Hey look! We just won the Super Bowl!
Hey absolutely, not a big deal now, was just of many almost heart attacks from such a stressful (and ultimately great) game.
[Reply]
seamonster 11:50 PM 02-11-2024
Sorry. Give me CHRIS JONES over a guy that can't hike the fucking ball. Veach has a whole draft to find another center.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:55 PM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's really perplexing. No idea how he can be this bad all season long.
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
He has always been a low snapper to some degree from the start of his career, but what I have noticed is they get lower when he is going against stud d-lines.

In a sense very much like a WR or RB who "almost" takes his eyes off the ball while still making the catch but the catch was not smooth. Creed is almost getting to his block first before making sure his QB gets the ball. This is what I see.
[Reply]
Bump 11:57 PM 02-11-2024
I started to wonder towards the end of the season, maybe the low snaps is a strategy to try and fool the defense so maybe they would be distracted by it (thinking maybe it's a fumble) and leave their guy open. Because it has happened a lot and Creed is such a good center.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:59 PM 02-11-2024
Am I thinking with my heart when I want the chiefs to bring in Jason Kelce next season?

Creeds snaps have been garbage much of the season.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:00 AM 02-12-2024
Really struggled today
[Reply]
Page 43 of 51
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Up