ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
Sure-Oz 10:46 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Not of huge significance, but apparently Season 2 is dropping a bit earlier than previously announced. First 3 episodes drop on 12/14 at 7pm EST now.
Excellent
[Reply]
Aries Walker 12:27 AM 12-06-2023
Not of huge significance, but apparently Season 2 is dropping a bit earlier than previously announced. First 3 episodes drop on 12/14 at 7pm EST now.
Outstanding. I love the show.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:43 AM 12-06-2023
Cool. This is one of those guilty pleasure kind of shows.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:25 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
No doubt. You aren't watching it for acting brilliance or fantastic cinematography.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 12-06-2023
No doubt. You aren't watching it for acting brilliance or fantastic cinematography.
Which pretty much tells you that they've captured the essence of the novels pretty well.

Lee Childs ain't exactly Tolstoy.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:16 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:

As the Critical Drinker calls it, definitely a delicious bacon cheeseburger show.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:33 AM 12-06-2023
Really enjoyed the first season and looking forward to where they are going to take the second.

The lead actor seems much more believable than Tom Cruise; his first movie was okay and I didn't bother with the second one...
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:41 AM 12-07-2023
Alot of shows on Amazon actually premier in the US a day before there scheduled date. The Wheel of Time was always scheduled for Friday (I think) release, but was available at like 7 pm CST.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:43 AM 12-06-2023
One of the movies was on the other night and it was so terrible it took me about 3-4 minutes to determine that it wasn't in fact satire and I'm supposed to believe a 5ft 6inch 140lbs Tom Cruise it out there smoking guys twice his size.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
One of the movies was on the other night and it was so terrible it took me about 3-4 minutes to determine that it wasn't in fact satire and I'm supposed to believe a 5ft 6inch 140lbs Tom Cruise it out there smoking guys twice his size.
"Remember.....you asked for this"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by UteChief:
Just curious how old you are.
42. I think - old enough that I have to do the math.

Originally Posted by crispystl:
It's just easy for me to suspend disbelief with Cruise at this point. I've watched him play assassins and action heroes for essentially a quarter century at this point. There's just very little that's a bridge too far with him for me. Though admittedly, this one was pushing it a bit.

Compare it to the visceral violence of the Amazon series and yeah, it's nowhere near as convincing. But again - when it's Cruise, I just shut up and eat my popcorn.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:40 AM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It's just easy for me to suspend disbelief with Cruise at this point. I've watched him play assassins and action heroes for essentially a quarter century at this point. There's just very little that's a bridge too far with him for me. Though admittedly, this one was pushing it a bit.

Compare it to the visceral violence of the Amazon series and yeah, it's nowhere near as convincing. But again - when it's Cruise, I just shut up and eat my popcorn.
Cruise is such a good actor that even though he's on the Mt. Rushmore of Scientology, people still flock to all his movies. He's great in everything and charismatic as hell.
[Reply]
UteChief 12:07 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Cruise is such a good actor that even though he's on the Mt. Rushmore of Scientology, people still flock to all his movies. He's great in everything and charismatic as hell.
I believe he left Scientology.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by UteChief:
I believe he left Scientology.
He did?

I thought that would be pretty big hollywood news. At least if I was his publicist I'd make it big news.
[Reply]
UteChief 12:09 PM 12-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

In the first movie Cruise nailed the dry sarcastic wit of Reacher. I didn’t struggle with adaptation. I do enjoy the Amazon series more. I have read almost all the books. Working on the most recent now.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up