ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Media Center>Top Gun 2
thabear04 11:07 PM 05-24-2017
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...2-is-happening

On my phone can't post the video up of Tom saying it.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 09:47 AM 03-29-2022
Latest trailer. This looks so badass

Guaranteed adrenaline rush. #TopGun: Maverick is FINALLY coming to theatres May 27. Watch the NEW official trailer now! pic.twitter.com/es8exVfFk1

— Top Gun (@TopGunMovie) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:55 AM 03-29-2022
permission to do a flyby
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:27 AM 03-29-2022
Man, remember seeing the trailer for this movie during super bowl 54 and being pretty excited for it. I completely forgot about this bitch tho
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 11:20 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Man, remember seeing the trailer for this movie during super bowl 54 and being pretty excited for it. I completely forgot about this bitch tho
They have pushed the release date about 4 times. I think originally it was supposed to be out 2 years ago.
[Reply]
Trivers 05:27 PM 03-29-2022
After watching the trailer, I feel the need for speed!....and my GMC Yukon just doesn't cut it. :-)
[Reply]
Kman34 06:57 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp:

Holy shit that looks awesome...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:25 PM 03-29-2022
Looks great. Definitely gonna rewatch the first one soon
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:12 AM 03-30-2022
So, part of me is wondering if they're going too far to 'recapture' what was good with the first movie. I think there are too many "recreated scenes" that are intended to tie back to signature moments from the original, rather than chart its own true path with something new.

I'm sure it will be a big hit and many will like it, but there will be at least a dozen scenes where the crowd over 50 says "Yeah, that's a lot like the first movie". Hell, I was 15 when the original was released.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:26 AM 03-30-2022
I wonder if this is held in the early to mid 2000's, because all intents and purposes Goose's son should be in his late 30's- early 40's present day if it's chronologically correct
[Reply]
Frazod 04:55 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I wonder if this is held in the early to mid 2000's, because all intents and purposes Goose's son should be in his late 30's- early 40's present day if it's chronologically correct
I wondered about that, too. Even if the wife was newly pregnant when Goose died and the kid was born in '87, he'd have to be in his early 30s for the timeline to work.

I did just rewatch the trailer, though, and Goose Jr. was never shown in a uniform clearly identifying his rank. So I guess it's possible that he's a LCDR or possibly even a CDR, which would work for mid to late 30s.

Or maybe he didn't go in the service right away. IIRC, the latest a person can apply to OCS is age 31.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:19 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I wondered about that, too. Even if the wife was newly pregnant when Goose died and the kid was born in '87, he'd have to be in his early 30s for the timeline to work.

I did just rewatch the trailer, though, and Goose Jr. was never shown in a uniform clearly identifying his rank. So I guess it's possible that he's a LCDR or possibly even a CDR, which would work for mid to late 30s.

Or maybe he didn't go in the service right away. IIRC, the latest a person can apply to OCS is age 31.
IMO, Cougar's son should've been the main character outside of Maverick. The son of the ace pilot who froze, and seems redemption for his family name.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:26 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
IMO, Cougar's son should've been the main character outside of Maverick. The son of the ace pilot who froze, and seems redemption for his family name.
The role was cast as Miles Teller. Not exactly an afterthought in the scheme of the movie.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:28 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The role was cast as Miles Teller. Not exactly an afterthought in the scheme of the movie.
He's Goose's son not Cougar
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Capt_Von_Trapp:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I can only get so erect here, fellas...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Dude.

Jets.

Maverick doing Maverick shit.

Shut up and eat your popcorn...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up