ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 79
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals
TLO 06:31 PM 11-27-2022
A sneaky big game in the AFC, and probably our toughest game left before playoff time.

Talk about it here
[Reply]
RunKC 01:59 PM 12-02-2022
Anyone post Chris Simms discussion on the game?

Agree fully with his explanation of how Pacheco makes our running game better and how our weapons are better making the short passing game more effective.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:00 PM 12-02-2022
god they're fucked

andy's ready to be the bull

Here is #Chiefs Andy Reid reacting to @ByNateTaylor's question about Mahomes and Nagyu canoodling before the draft and @HerbieTeope's question about Justin Reid's comments this week.

Think this team is ready to play right now. pic.twitter.com/VIU4cIA9Y1

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
tredadda 02:01 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs will want to send a message. Andy will drop close to 50.
Hope not. I would rather KC win a close one and give them hope. Then go in hard in the playoffs and drop a 50 burger on them.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:03 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, if the lurking Bengals want some actual analysis, where we say things that all the Chiefs fans here already know, here goes:

Question 1: Are the Chiefs better positioned to counter the defense the Bengals found so much success with in the second halves of both contests last year.

Answer 1: Yes. And there are multiple reasons why.

1A: Attacking the flats in the passing game. The Chiefs have SOLVED the drop 7/8 defense by exploiting the space in the short passing game against that type of defense. As posted the other day, Mahomes has a 120+ QB rating against 3-man rushes this year. There's that wonderful 16-minute video going around showing how the Chiefs have - once again - solved the defense de joeur well ahead of the rest of the league. Watch it.

1B: More depth at WR. The Bengals paired that drop 8 approach with bracketing Hill and Kelce, and daring Pringle and Robinson to beat man coverage, which they couldn't do.

Now, the Chiefs WR group is clearly not as strong at WR1. But it has a lot more depth and quality, even with Hardman and Toney out for this one.

Valdes-Scantling, Skyy Moore, Justin Watson - all big upgrade from Robinson and Pringle.

1C: More speed in the backfield. Isaiah Pecheco is a big, strong back with legit 4.4 speed. With him, the Chiefs can get to the edges and run outside/off-tackle stuff much more effectively. Even with Reader being back and having given the Chiefs trouble last year, they are using different and more varied run techniques now that will lessen his impact.

Question 2: How are the Chiefs going to match up any better against this Bengals offense than last year?

Answer 2A: The defensive line personnel is quite a bit better than a season ago. The Chiefs win rate, pressure rate, and sack percentage have all sky rocketed. Because they have a more complete unit. Holdovers (Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Khalen Saunders, Mike Danna) are all playing at higher levels. New additions (Carlos DUnlap, Karlaftis) are playing better than the guys they replaced in the rotation (Ingram, Okafor).

It won't be just "hope Chris Jones makes someone look foolish" any more.

Answer 2B: Personnel turnover to get faster and more athletic on the back end. The Chiefs' secondary is younger than a year ago, but Trent McDuffie has been better than Ward when on the field. Justin Reid doesn't make splash plays, but he also plays well enough to get targeted infrequently. He also isn't the most exploitable defender in the NFL like Dan Sorenson was. Sneed has been dynamite in the "X-factor" role Mathieu played, and a big upgrade at that (Mathieu was more rep than production last year). And Watson and Williams are bigger, faster, and more athletic than Rashad Fenton/Mike Hughes, making them better matchups on jump balls.

And the real topper is that the Chiefs are just rolling with Nick Bolton and Willie Gay.

The Bengals have improved. But the Chiefs have, as well. On both sides of the ball.

tl;dr You are so, so, so ****ed, Brazzers is going to be calling any second now

[Reply]
tredadda 02:03 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone post Chris Simms discussion on the game?

Agree fully with his explanation of how Pacheco makes our running game better and how our weapons are better making the short passing game more effective.

Love Pacheco. He reminds me of a faster Kareem Hunt. He just runs hard and well. It’s amazing just how much better he is than CEH at this point. His vision and ability to hit the whole quickly is noticeable and a nice surprise.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:03 PM 12-02-2022
...where?
I'll give them some improvement at OL.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That was the only part I disagreed with.

Their secondary is worse with their best corner out. Their pass rush is significantly better worse than last year.

Chase is coming off an injury. Mixon has largely been unproductive (3.8 yards per carry and only 3 games over 3.5 yards per carry on the season), save the game against the Panthers (one of the worst run defenses in football).

Their OL is better, but still sucks. They went from an F- to D.
I was probably being charitable. OL is better and has improved as the season has gone on.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:07 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'll give them some improvement at OL.

I was probably being charitable. OL is better and has improved as the season has gone on.
Thankfully so has our Dline. This will be a good test for their OLine and our Dline.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:11 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Hope not. I would rather KC win a close one and give them hope. Then go in hard in the playoffs and drop a 50 burger on them.
We wont see them in the playoffs if we beat them Sunday. Its going to be Buffalo or Miami.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:27 PM 12-02-2022
god they're fucked

"Thank goodness it's not...."

Did he say Password or Pat's word?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:28 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:

[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:32 PM 12-02-2022
god they're ****ed

Andy’s fired up. Looks like Justin got a talking-to.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:35 PM 12-02-2022
I see McKinnon was back at practice today. Maybe he will play?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:36 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I see McKinnon was back at practice today. Maybe he will play?
He’s out
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
He’s out
Umm link?

He practiced today and I haven't seen anything saying he's out.

Andy even said he thinks he'll be available.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:48 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Andy’s fired up. Looks like Justin got a talking-to.
"He's new to our team, he wasn't aware.... He's aware now."

Justin got CHEWED OUT.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 79
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up