ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 432
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:45 AM 07-18-2022
After Archie Marchall went down with a season ending injury, the team struggled and lost 5 in a row.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:47 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lower
Enlighten us !

I knew we had a chance with them, especially playing a team 3 times in a season, it helps to know them, what they do, game plan for them easier.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:58 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
How do Iowa State fans feel about the transfer portal?

I like it as a Kansas fan, because I know we can steal surprise prospects from lower ranked schools. I know we can also fill needs quickly with vets chasing titles.

I wouldn’t like it if I was a fan of a smaller school. I doubt Steph Curry stays at Davidson nowadays for instance.
Overall it’s good to us in basketball. Losing Hunter to Texas was a bummer though.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:32 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Enlighten us !

I knew we had a chance with them, especially playing a team 3 times in a season, it helps to know them, what they do, game plan for them easier.
We lost by 8, then lost by 8 again. (Hint hint)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:15 PM 07-18-2022
I’d guess 8
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:42 PM 07-18-2022
I recall how we lost but a lot of the pundits were predicting a double digit win in the NC game.

I was thinking revenge here! We took Duke down after losing at home to them, also KSU in the conf.tourney. So I was optimistic.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:47 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So who are the great teams of 2022 compared to the field if not Kansas?
Maybe we are just arguing definitions. But in my mind, a great team should have at least a 25% of winning it all.

I'm not sure any team in 2022 did. So I would say KU was one of maybe 8 good teams.

But Duke could have been a tough out for Kansas. North Carolina had come on really strong, but probably wasn't as fearsome as Duke. I was worried what the reffing in a Duke final game might be like.

And KU benefited from the other teams injuries, especially the one game drawing a blank at the moment.

Gonzaga could have been trouble with their size.

And KU had been really inconsistent. When things were going great, they could clearly out run and out score anybody. But I didn't feel like they gad a go to guy when things were going poorly.

They didn't have an ice in the veins Mason or Graham.

Yes, Martin finally getting healthy enough really made a difference.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:53 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Even in 2012 when that team wasn’t very good I viewed that as TRob and Taylor dragging that team through rounds with sheer “fuck you.”
2012 team not very good? WTF? Maybe you need to review that season.

They finished 32-7, and went 16-2 in conference play, and were a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

They were very good.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:56 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They're both different. The 2008 team was/is one of the best teams in college basketball history (beating some other great teams along the way in Davidson, UNC and Memphis) and was super rewarding as a result. It also contained the best moment of all of them (Mario's Miracle). The 2022 team obviously is nowhere near that, but its win/run was about fortuitous as it gets. The improbable nature of it kind of made it arguably more fun.
I want to see a 30 for 30 about the 2008 team, and that NCAA Tournament.

The 2008 Final Four is the only FF in history where all 4 number one seeds made it.

It will probably never happen again, so I think it makes that 2008 Kansas team even more special.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:04 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
After Archie Marchall went down with a season ending injury, the team struggled and lost 5 in a row.
Not only that, but by the end of the season Brown had to fill the roster with football players because of injuries and other issues. And Clint Normore actually ended up getting minutes in the tournament.

But, and I may be mistaken, we were ranked in the top 10 in the preseason.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:51 PM 07-24-2022
https://www.kctv5.com/2022/07/24/cbs...uiting-period/
[Reply]
RustShack 03:52 PM 07-24-2022
Kansas self imposing sanctions on them selves??? Never thought I’d see the day. That means they know they are getting caught unfortunately. We’ll see if the NCAA says that’s enough since they usually don’t come down on blue bloods. Or.. maybe that dildo billay wasn’t wrong this time.

But it probably gets swept under.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:24 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Kansas self imposing sanctions on them selves??? Never thought I’d see the day. That means they know they are getting caught unfortunately. We’ll see if the NCAA says that’s enough since they usually don’t come down on blue bloods. Or.. maybe that dildo billay wasn’t wrong this time.

But it probably gets swept under.
Ive actually expected a 1-year post season ban now for a while, but Im not a very biased fan.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:30 PM 07-24-2022
I’m pretty disappointed with how quiet this thread is tonight.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:54 PM 07-24-2022
What's to talk about really? Unless we know more about the reason behind KU pulling Self off recruiting, there's very little to discuss.

I have my theories (I think, as was rumored several months ago, that KU would absolutely love to have Self/Townsend sit out a year as the primary punishment if they got to play the postseason next season and this decision could be part of that prospective arrangement), but until we get confirmation who knows?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:54 PM 07-24-2022
What's to talk about really? Unless we know more about the reason behind KU pulling Self off recruiting, there's very little to discuss.

I have my theories (I think, as was rumored several months ago, that KU would absolutely love to have Self/Townsend sit out a year as the primary punishment if they got to play the postseason next season and this decision could be part of that prospective arrangement), but until we get confirmation who knows?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 432
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up