ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 432
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
RustShack 07:09 PM 07-17-2022
If you guys were missing playing against Niang, don’t worry Iowa State picked up the commitment of a similar player yesterday. Higher rated out of HS though. Assuming we pick of the commit of Omaha as well, it is probably the best recruiting class in school history.

I know I know, probably would be an average class at Kansas. I’m just glad Iowa State basketball is exciting again after the Prohm years.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:05 PM 07-17-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
If you guys were missing playing against Niang, don’t worry Iowa State picked up the commitment of a similar player yesterday. Higher rated out of HS though. Assuming we pick of the commit of Omaha as well, it is probably the best recruiting class in school history.

I know I know, probably would be an average class at Kansas. I’m just glad Iowa State basketball is exciting again after the Prohm years.
How do Iowa State fans feel about the transfer portal?

I like it as a Kansas fan, because I know we can steal surprise prospects from lower ranked schools. I know we can also fill needs quickly with vets chasing titles.

I wouldn’t like it if I was a fan of a smaller school. I doubt Steph Curry stays at Davidson nowadays for instance.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:26 PM 07-17-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think anybody expected anything out of Remy. That team was dead in the water without post season (and finally healthy and confident) Remy Martin.

No Remy and they are bounced in the round of 32 to Creighton.
Madness Remy was awesome. He gave no fucks and absolutely raped fools. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. I've seen good performances from players in the tournament, but never anyone out of left field.

I could watch Remy tape all day long. His energy was off the charts.

God that was fun to see.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:48 PM 07-17-2022
Yeah at least twice during the run I said out loud to whoever was near that we lose that game without a healthy Remy.

Also David suddenly becoming consistent.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah at least twice during the run I said out loud to whoever was near that we lose that game without a healthy Remy.

Also David suddenly becoming consistent.
The deal with McCormack is we didn’t play anyone that had any size or physicality in the post, except Bacot and he was hurt. The big 12 schedule was far harder than the NCAA matchups in terms of size in the post.

I Also think they were working hard to manage his foot during the season and he pulled out all the stops in the tournament because one and done.

I don’t mean to sound overly negative about our guys because damn it they’re ours, they brought a trophy and I love them for it. But they weren’t the best players and that’s why it was fun.

Hell that Puke team was absolutely brimming with talent and the trophy is at our place. Suck it bitches.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:15 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Man, I had forgotten how Remy Martin was dishing dimes in that first game. Man, that was a thing of beauty.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:27 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...8#post13461578

I don't post these things for no reason.
Dammit, PB! See what you did?
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:31 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The deal with McCormack is we didn’t play anyone that had any size or physicality in the post, except Bacot and he was hurt. The big 12 schedule was far harder than the NCAA matchups in terms of size in the post.

I Also think they were working hard to manage his foot during the season and he pulled out all the stops in the tournament because one and done.

I don’t mean to sound overly negative about our guys because damn it they’re ours, they brought a trophy and I love them for it. But they weren’t the best players and that’s why it was fun.

Hell that Puke team was absolutely brimming with talent and the trophy is at our place. Suck it bitches.
Except that Mac wasn't consistent at all. He was his normal inconsistent self. He was bad against Creighton, going for 7 pts 6 rebounds, and worse against providence with 8 points and 2 whole rebounds. He was better against Miami but missed half the game due to matchup issues, playing 18 minutes. He had a better FF, but in the end Kansas won with depth and having a different guy step up in each game. Even Remy was completely invisible in the Nova game. That's just how this team won.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:34 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think anybody expected anything out of Remy. That team was dead in the water without post season (and finally healthy and confident) Remy Martin.

No Remy and they are bounced in the round of 32 to Creighton.
I don't agree with your first sentence. Many people expected great things out of Remy. He spent most of the season just trying to adjust to his role at Kansas. Then he got hurt and that derailed his season. The March version of Remy is pretty much what Kansas fans had seen from him at AZ and what we were expecting when he transferred. Thank God he got healthy and came through. It's great to have players that don't let the moment be too big for them.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:27 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Man, I had forgotten how Remy Martin was dishing dimes in that first game. Man, that was a thing of beauty.
I think he was given full go for show boating since we had clearly so out classed them.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:14 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...8#post13461578

I don't post these things for no reason.

You always keep us grounded during tourney time. I myself made sure to never get overconfident with my next opponent
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:23 AM 07-18-2022
This 22 team had the capability all year to win it all, had as good of a team as any other team in the country. We just had some painful issue with injuries' that slowed the growth of the team.

The 12 team was good, but UK was just that much better. Arguably we were the 2nd best team that year, but a far step away from UK.

The 08 team I felt was destine to win it. The way it ended, it was destiny without a doubt. Classic finish, will forever be an all time classic.

The 88 team was awesome. But that 88 team had so many breaks along the way and then had the storybook ending that just made a lot of sense. Tubbs & OU's Cabbage Patch kids had beaten us twice before, but 3rd time charm for KU!

That 88 team once lost 5 games in a row! We lost to NU! :-) But leading up to the tourney we had previously lost to KSU won 1 & lost 1 in season, then lost by 15 in the conf. tourney, beat them by 13, we lost to Duke in OT @ Allen, yet beat them in the Tourney , we even barely got by Murray State by 3 in the 2nd round of the tourney. To catch Oklahoma a 3rd time after having lost to them twice, just had a feel to it that we were going to win, based on the other games we lost to the same opponent previously to only get revenge in the end.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:29 AM 07-18-2022
In 88 we lost to OU by 8. Then lost to them a second time by 8.

Do you know what the point spread was for the Championship?
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:34 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
In 88 we lost to OU by 8. Then lost to them a second time by 8.

Do you know what the point spread was for the Championship?
I do not recall, but something like 10+? They had just beaten Arizona by 8pts and everybody had them punking us in the title game.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:37 AM 07-18-2022
Lower
[Reply]
Page 21 of 432
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up