ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Retirement Starts After 7 Days and a Wakeup
KC Dan 02:47 PM 05-09-2024
When I wake up in 7 days, I'll be officially and finally retired. 20 years in the military and now finishing up 24 years with a Japanese Semiconductor Equiment company. I'm apprehensive but excited. With all the crap that's been pushed in my mind all these years. Whatever will I do? Have many plans but want a great restful summer to recalibrate myself.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 07:21 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Recalibrate is exactly right thing to do, retirement is awesome. You earned it, enjoy it
Agreed! It is awesome. Takes a few weeks to get used to not going to work everyday, but it is the best job ever.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:35 PM 05-09-2024
Awesome... Stay busy, slow pigs die.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:43 PM 05-09-2024
Most annoying question I get after retiring is, "So now what are you going to do?"

"Trying to refrain from punching you in the face for a stupid question" lol

Remember, nothing wrong with enjoying leisure, Leisure is a sign of success :-)

Congrats and thank you for your service!
[Reply]
KC Dan 08:09 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Most annoying question I get after retiring is, "So now what are you going to do?"

"Trying to refrain from punching you in the face for a stupid question" lol

Remember, nothing wrong with enjoying leisure, Leisure is a sign of success :-)

Congrats and thank you for your service!
Just in the past week, I've heard that same question a hundred times. Stupid. What am I gonna do? Not work for the man, just myself.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:26 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
Just in the past week, I've heard that same question a hundred times. Stupid. What am I gonna do? Not work for the man, just myself.
I often say, "Ask me in the morning after I get up"
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:17 AM 05-10-2024
First of all..thank you for your service.

Second...congrats on your retirement! I am into my second month of retirement and loving it! And when people ask me what I am doing now that I have retired I normally just tell them whatever I dang well please.

BTW...because there are many of us retiring lately we actually started a thread about Retirement where we can help with some advice if needed....or you just want to brag about how much fun you are having.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:40 AM 05-10-2024
When I wake up in 7 days, I'll be officially and finally retired. 20 years in the military and now finishing up 24 years with a Japanese Semiconductor Equiment company. I'm apprehensive but excited. With all the crap that's been pushed in my mind all these years. Whatever will I do? Have many plans but want a great restful summer to recalibrate myself.
Read. A ton.

Take the time to learn more about an activity or topic you've always wanted to learn about.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:16 PM 05-10-2024
Congratulations!
Enjoy life and find some hobbies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:27 PM 05-10-2024
I slept till noon today. Retirement ain't so bad.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up