Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 AM 02-16-2022
The thing about this edge class being strong and deep is that it could help us add one of those free agents at a fairly reasonable price too.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:55 AM 02-16-2022
Thanks, Pest.

Based on Brugler's rankings, trading down to around 40 and picking up a high 3rd is ideal. Maybe there's a QB-hungry team that will be looking to come up.

I'm still very high on Enagbare, good to see a guy like him has a similar ranking. I think he has Cam Thomas absurdly low though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 02-16-2022
I'd love to trade down. Just not sure I see Veach actually doing it. He tends to be much more prone to trading up or trading away instead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:14 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So lets just go Ebiketie in the 1st and Thomas in the 2nd.
Deal.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 02-16-2022
Watched Josh Paschal from Kentucky last night.

He’s a guy that kind of gets lost in the discussion, but he’s another good prospect that could be available at 62.

I think he’s a SDE that can slide inside and absolutely wreck havoc on the interior.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:35 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He’s a guy that kind of gets lost in the discussion, but he’s another good prospect that could be available at 62.

I think he’s a SDE that can slide inside and absolutely wreck havoc on the interior.
That's exactly why I drafted him.

Backup DE and sub DT on passing downs.

A John Browning type.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:38 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's exactly why I drafted him.

Backup DE and sub DT on passing downs.

A John Browning type.
I don’t think he’s a backup DE though.

He can start at SDE, and inside on sub packages, hence the appeal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:43 PM 02-16-2022
I don’t think he’s a backup DE though.

He can start at SDE, and inside on sub packages, hence the appeal.
Don't think he's taking Ingram's job day one.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Don't think he's taking Ingram's job day one.
Oh I meant long term.

But even them, Ingram didn’t play as much on early downs. You’re better off saving him for passing downs if you can.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:09 PM 02-16-2022

Totally agree, I've seen much less talk of him but he looks very useful. I absolutely think there's a good chance he's there at 62.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM 02-16-2022
Oh I meant long term.

But even them, Ingram didn’t play as much on early downs. You’re better off saving him for passing downs if you can.
I'd have said that before we got him as well.

But man, he made every bit the impact on running downs as he did vs. the pass. I think he's a guy you just start and pull when he's tired. I didn't see any particular area where he was a liability or where he was notably better.

He was a hell of a lot more rounded than I expected him to be and really the only guy on that DL I thought brought consistent effort.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:03 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But man, he made every bit the impact on running downs as he did vs. the pass. I think he's a guy you just start and pull when he's tired. I didn't see any particular area where he was a liability or where he was notably better.

He was a hell of a lot more rounded than I expected him to be and really the only guy on that DL I thought brought consistent effort.
Yep, he wasn't the same play I remembered either.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:55 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Oh yea, he was damn fucking good against the run too, but I have concerns with his injury history, so I guess you can have him and somebody like Thomas or Paschal split early down reps.

Then have them both on the field on passing downs.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:20 PM 02-16-2022

Interesting!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 PM 02-16-2022
Oh yea, he was damn fucking good against the run too, but I have concerns with his injury history, so I guess you can have him and somebody like Thomas or Paschal split early down reps.

Then have them both on the field on passing downs.
He just brought a level of consistent aggression that we simply didn't have. His approached the game with the attitude Clark was sold as having.

He went out there looking to make his opponents life difficult every single snap. Even when he was taken out of a play, he made sure to make the guy across from him work for it.

He just looked like a miserable motherfucker to be matched up against. He was like the defensive version of Trey Smith. Smith didn't win every rep, but he made you feel it even when he lost. And if he lost, it was because you beat him and not because he just jaked the play.

Now perhaps additional exposure would make it different for him, but that's such a prideful guy that I just can't see him being a player that takes plays, drives, quarters....even games off. He may run out of gas out there, but he won't pre-emptively pull the chute.

We have far too many veteran defensive players, many of whom were highly paid, who you cannot say that about.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 36
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up