Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:58 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by Stinger:
R to the E to the P O S T
That's what I get for having gochiefs on ignore.
[Reply]
Nightwish 02:58 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
SWEET...

Wonder if Connery is in this one.
No. As I recall, he declined, due to health issues. I've been hearing about this one for several months. From what I gather, Indy isn't the main character in this one. Instead, he hands the hat off to his son, played by Shia LaBeouf. He will be to the new character, as Sean Connery was to Indy in Last Crusade. I'm not sure, though, whether Indy will just be a supporting character, of if they will be a shared lead, setting it up so that Shia (or whoever they cast for the role, if not Shia) has the full lead in the next one (if they continue the franchise beyond this film).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:00 PM 12-10-2007
Hi-res version in the Media Center Forum.
[Reply]
Sully 03:06 PM 12-10-2007
Although the Indiana Jones franchise is one of my favorites, we'll see on December 21st if National Treasure has taken its place. The first one was GREAT with the history stuff, and if the second one is as good, well...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:35 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
How old is Indy in this one...
Heres a few tidbits:

When last we saw Indy, he was riding off into the sunset in 1989's The Last Crusade, set in 1938 near the start of World War II. The new movie, due this spring, is set at the height of the Cold War in 1957, so the character has aged in real time — 19 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...na-jones_N.htm
[Reply]
Adept Havelock 04:53 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by Sully:
Although the Indiana Jones franchise is one of my favorites, we'll see on December 21st if National Treasure has taken its place. The first one was GREAT with the history stuff, and if the second one is as good, well...
I really enjoyed "National Treasure" as well. It was "Frank Capra" meets "Indiana Jones", a combo that worked very well for me.
[Reply]
talastan 04:54 PM 12-10-2007
National Treasure is good in its own right but it will never replace Indy..I believe that there is some short making of trailers at the offical website. I can't wait for this spring!!! High draft pick and Indiana Jones!! What a great couple of months..
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:09 PM 12-10-2007
Awesome!
[Reply]
Sully 06:48 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by talastan:
National Treasure is good in its own right but it will never replace Indy..I believe that there is some short making of trailers at the offical website. I can't wait for this spring!!! High draft pick and Indiana Jones!! What a great couple of months..
I probably worded it wrong by saying "replace."
The Indys are definitely classics.
I just remember getting the same type of feel from NT. I hope that holds up. I have a degree in history and plan to teach history (what football coach doesn't). So the more the merrier.
[Reply]
Chief Chief 07:15 PM 12-10-2007
That poster looks like Indiana Jones meets Ghost Rider.
[Reply]
talastan 07:22 PM 12-10-2007
I probably worded it wrong by saying "replace."
The Indys are definitely classics.
I just remember getting the same type of feel from NT. I hope that holds up. I have a degree in history and plan to teach history (what football coach doesn't). So the more the merrier.
It's cool Mr Sully. I agree NT defintely has classic potenial. I think this along with the Pirates trilogy has been some of the best that Disney has done in a LONG time...
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 07:27 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
And here it is...
Definitely not the guy's best work. I personally don't like it. It's mediocre.

Though, for Indiana Jones and the Shittiest Movie Title Ever, it's okay.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:39 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Definitely not the guy's best work. I personally don't like it. It's mediocre.

Though, for Indiana Jones and the Shittiest Movie Title Ever, it's okay.

The title and the poster fit right in with the rest of the series.

Whats the problem??
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 07:39 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Heres a few tidbits:

When last we saw Indy, he was riding off into the sunset in 1989's The Last Crusade, set in 1938 near the start of World War II. The new movie, due this spring, is set at the height of the Cold War in 1957, so the character has aged in real time — 19 years.

Nice! Good thinking on their part.
[Reply]
cardken 07:44 PM 12-10-2007
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Heres a few tidbits:

Beats original premise Indiana Jones And The Search For A Plastic Hip. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 37
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up