ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Left Tackles
Titty Meat 11:21 PM 01-19-2024
Y'all want to ride with Smith for another year or give Morris a chance? Because there's probably several good to decent prospects who likely will be there when the Chiefs pick.
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:12 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It would hurt a little next year but I think I’d trade 2 firsts to go get a day one starter at LT.
I’m not sure we will need to trade up that far. Here’s the best chance scenario for us. This would be the stars aligning but I could see it happening. If we could trade up with Detroit for Mims or guyton and resign smith or another vet LT, that’s what would be my best hope for the draft.

19. Rams take someone for the dline
20. Steelers take Jackson powers Johnson for the IOL. This is a critical pick. Steelers could take a RT here like Mims or guyton. But it’s very possible they could take a center.
21. MIA could use a starting guard with versatility to play tackle and if they’d take Jordan Morgan, that would help us a lot.
22. Eagles; I don’t see them taking an offensive tackle or WR, so that helps
23. Vikings probably don’t take an OT or WR either
24. Cowboys probably slide smith to LT and might select someone like Graham Barton who can start at guard but has versatility to play several oline positions.
25. Packers; we hope they select IOL or dline. They don’t have an immediate need at OT.
26. Bucs: we hope they go defense with a CB or DT
27. Cards: they could go TE or dline. I doubt the cards draft an OT.
28. Bills: they could take an OT but it’s more likely they take a WR or dline?
29. Lions: if Mims or guyton is here, I think this has to be the trade up spot. I don’t see either of those players getting past the ravens. They love massive olineman.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That’s not even the most unbelievable part of it. Lol

We’re trading up to trade back.
I didn't get passed the first part :-)
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:01 AM 04-13-2024
Is this accurate?

https://x.com/benbbaldwin/status/1777363558969278464
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Is this accurate?

https://x.com/benbbaldwin/status/1777363558969278464
So he's saying we've got the seventh worst left tackle in the league with Donovan Smith, who is ranked 25 points behind Orlando Brown Jr.? That feels....inaccurate. To put it politely.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:06 PM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So he's saying we've got the seventh worst left tackle in the league with Donovan Smith, who is ranked 25 points behind Orlando Brown Jr.? That feels....inaccurate. To put it politely.

We don’t currently have Donovan Smith. I think that’s a ranking based on Wanya Morris being the LT.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:18 AM 04-14-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
We don’t currently have Donovan Smith. I think that’s a ranking based on Wanya Morris being the LT.
That's fair
[Reply]
Hayneplane 01:33 PM 04-14-2024
Would there be any value in taking Graham Barton as someone who could be the first reserve across the entire O Line in 2024 then assess him as to which position he can slide into to start in 2025 as we let someone walk to create cap space or is the need to get a premium tackle just too great?
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:27 AM 04-15-2024
Ryan Tracy from RGR Football has Suamataia rated as a 3rd rounder. Most legit draft evaluators have him as a very late 2nd rounder to early 3rd rounder. In other words, he would be a massive reach with our 1st pick.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:07 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Ryan Tracy from RGR Football has Suamataia rated as a 3rd rounder. Most legit draft evaluators have him as a very late 2nd rounder to early 3rd rounder. In other words, he would be a massive reach with our 1st pick.
Probably not that far off. But there's probably only 20 first round grades so it depends on how you look at it. To me a first round grade is one of the 32 best prospects. But thats not how evaluators make it. Is he top 64?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 04-16-2024
Giving the Jets a '97' at LT based on the hypothetical return to dominance and sustained health of Tyron Smith demonstrates how stupid that 'projection' is.

He's not going to be who he was. And he's not going to be healthy.

Or putting Garrett Boles ahead of Darrisaw. That's just shit I noticed off the top of my head. I suspect it's all about equally idiotic.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:29 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Giving the Jets a '97' at LT based on the hypothetical return to dominance and sustained health of Tyron Smith demonstrates how stupid that 'projection' is.

He's not going to be who he was. And he's not going to be healthy.

Or putting Garrett Boles ahead of Darrisaw. That's just shit I noticed off the top of my head. I suspect it's all about equally idiotic.
They also have Taylor at a 66.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:33 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
Would there be any value in taking Graham Barton as someone who could be the first reserve across the entire O Line in 2024 then assess him as to which position he can slide into to start in 2025 as we let someone walk to create cap space or is the need to get a premium tackle just too great?
If Barton is on the board at 32, he is likely heads and tails better than the next player. Like I get the reticence to invest a first round pick in a likely IOL, and one who isn't starting year one. He's so good it forces your hand at 32, imo. You use it to save cap space long term, probably by way of a Thuney trade or retirement.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 04-17-2024
Olumuyiwa Fashanu feels like the most forgotten guy of this class. I'm starting to see him in the 20s. If he really does fall outside of the top 20, we have to go get him, right?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:20 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Olumuyiwa Fashanu feels like the most forgotten guy of this class. I'm starting to see him in the 20s. If he really does fall outside of the top 20, we have to go get him, right?
Yes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:21 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just a product of smoke season imo. Agents trying to push their guy up.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up