Cedric Tillman Tenny
Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:57 AM 03-05-2023
Liking Mingo as a Deebo-esque kind of guy. But bigger.
[Reply]
Big TT 11:33 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It will be interesting to see what the "OK" 40 time does for Hyatt's stock. I think I was expecting something in the low 4.3s and wouldn't have been surprised with a 4.25, watching him play live.

To see him in game action, I think he plays faster than a 4.4 flat would suggest (even though that is incredibly fast). That's uninjured Sammy Watkins speed, and I would have pegged him closer to Hill/Hardman than Watkins.
Hyatt is fast in the 40, but, when watching the games you will see that he gets separation quickly in the later parts of the routes, he's a long strider and once he gets going he is GONE. I would like to see his 40 time broken down vs the other wr's by each 10 yard segment. I suspect his time from 20 - 40 yards is superior to most.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:07 PM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Big TT:
Hyatt is fast in the 40, but, when watching the games you will see that he gets separation quickly in the later parts of the routes, he's a long strider and once he gets going he is GONE. I would like to see his 40 time broken down vs the other wr's by each 10 yard segment. I suspect his time from 20 - 40 yards is superior to most.
Wildly, he had one of the fastest 10 yard splits of the guys who ran 4.4 or faster.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:29 PM 03-05-2023
Yeah I was thinking it's perhaps not that surprising. He has completely free releases that show him blasting past guys after about 20 yards. Perhaps we should've realised the acceleration was so-so. I mean, he's fast, but that was his only calling card.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:05 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I still think there are a lot of day 2 dudes like Mims, Palmer, Reed, Perry, Iosivas, and Ford-Wheaton thst have had good days.

It's just the bigger names that have been a little disappointing.

Rounds 2-3 seems like the sweet spot.
Agreed. The more i watch, the more i think the Chiefs won't be taking a WR in round 1. That next tier of guys with your Mingo and Mimms etc seems like where the money is anyway.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:19 AM 03-06-2023
Someone mentioned Hyatt scares him because his coach consistently gets Wrs production that does not follow in the NFL
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Someone mentioned Hyatt scares him because his coach consistently gets Wrs production that does not follow in the NFL
It's a fair criticism, and why I've always felt he's not a top 15-20 kind of guy for me.

But I'd still strongly consider him at 31.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Agreed. The more i watch, the more i think the Chiefs won't be taking a WR in round 1. That next tier of guys with your Mingo and Mimms etc seems like where the money is anyway.
Addison, Hyatt, and Flowers are the only guys I'd consider at 31. Johnston and JSN aren't gettin to 31.

But yea, ultimately we're likely not taking one until day 2.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Addison, Hyatt, and Flowers are the only guys I'd consider at 31. Johnston and JSN aren't gettin to 31.

But yea, ultimately we're likely not taking one until day 2.
With picking at 31, I would be a bit more open to it, but man, I just don't know that Addison Hyatt or Flowers end up being......#2 guys at their peak?

Which where we're picking and with our current situation..sign me the fuck up for that, but I think I could get a guy in the 2nd to do that while taking a potential pass rusher or DT at 31 who could be more.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 03-06-2023
If I wanted a WR in the first.....I'd trade up for JSN.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:07 PM 03-06-2023
My current view of the WR class...

Reference Material
Receivers Drafted Last 5 Years: Mean 31, Max 34, Min 28
Average by Round: 1-4, 2-6, 3-4, 4-4, 5-4, 6-6, 7-3

Round 1

1. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
2. Quentin Johnston, TCU
3. Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
4. Jordan Addison, USC
Conversion Option: Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama

Round 2

1. Zay Flowers, Boston College
2. Rashee Rice, SMU
3. Josh Downs, North Carolina
4. Cedric Tillman, Tennessee
5. A.T. Perry, Wake Forest
Conversion Option: Devon Achane, Texas A&M

Round 3

1. Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
2. Marvin Mims Jr., Oklahoma
3. Jonathan Mingo, Mississippi
4. Trey Palmer, Nebraska

Round 4

1. Kayshon Boutte, LSU
2. Jayden Reed, Michigan State
3. Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State
4. Tre Tucker, Cincinnati
5. Charlie Jones, Purdue
6. Tank Dell, Houston

Round 5

1. Xavier Gipson, Stephen F. Austin
2. Matt Landers, Arkansas
3. Andrei Iosivas, Princeton
4. Parker Washington, Penn State
5. Dontayvion Wicks, Virginia
6. Jalen Wayne, South Alabama
Conversion Option: Keaton Mitchell, East Carolina

Round 6

1. Derius Davis, TCU
2. Ronnie Bell, Michigan
3. Jalen Moreno-Cropper, Fresno State
4. Rakim Jarrett, Maryland
5. Demario Douglas, Liberty

Round 7

1. C.J. Johnson, East Carolina
2. Bryce Ford-Wheaton, West Virginia
3. Michael Jefferson, Lousiana
4. Keylon Stokes, Tulsa

UDFA

Dontay Demus Jr, Maryland
Xavier Smith, Florida A&M
Malik Knowles, Kansas State
Keytaon Thompson, Virginia
Jesse Matthews, San Diego State
Puka Nacua, BYU
Elijah Higgins, Stanford
Justin Shorter, Florida
Shaquan Davis, South Carolina State
Grant DuBose, Charlotte
Antoine Green, North Carolina
Jake Bobo, UCLA
Kearis Jackson, Georgia
Jacory Rankin, Mississippi Valley State
Mitchell Tinsley, Penn State
Dallas Daniels, Jackson State
Michael Wilson, Stanford
Jadakis Bonds, Hampton
Joseph Ngata, Clemson
Jason Brownlee, Southern Miss
Jaray Jenkins, LSU
Malik Heath, Mississippi
Jadon Haselwood, Arkansas
Jalen Brooks, South Carolina
Josh Vann, South Carolina
[Reply]
kozzman555 03:37 PM 03-06-2023
Would you all hate if we took Achane and used him like Deebo? Put him in the slot, run jet sweeps, take hand offs, etc? Just get him the ball in space, right?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:54 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Would you all hate if we took Achane and used him like Deebo? Put him in the slot, run jet sweeps, take hand offs, etc? Just get him the ball in space, right?
I don't know if I am a huge fan of the use of Deebo, to be honest. I mean, it works so I guess it's not all bad. He also has a body to take some abuse. It's probably the only way Achane will hold up as a runner; use a lot of outside zones and such to get him out on the perimeter.

My opinion on Achane is that the best use of him is a full conversion to WR ala Tyreek.

He's still 5' 8 1/2" 188 pounds with 8.5" hands.
Hill was 5' 8 1/8" 185 pounds with 8" hands.

The shitty thing with Achane is he has a 33" vertical, which kinda sucks.

I'm not sure where I'd even slot a guy like Achane as a WR but probably 2nd or 3rd round is a reasonable area. Some team is going to fall in love with that 4.32 though.

If I'm looking for a do-it-all RB in this draft then I want Evan Hull.
[Reply]
kozzman555 05:26 PM 03-06-2023
I pointed our Evan Hull as a 6/7th round grab, prob seventh like a month ago because he was used ALOT in the screen game and does a really good job of maximizing his YAC. He's quick, but not super fast. Def on board with that. I just miss having a guy that can house any play like Reek or Jamaal Charles
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:43 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
I pointed our Evan Hull as a 6/7th round grab, prob seventh like a month ago because he was used ALOT in the screen game and does a really good job of maximizing his YAC. He's quick, but not super fast. Def on board with that. I just miss having a guy that can house any play like Reek or Jamaal Charles
He's not that good
[Reply]
Page 14 of 34
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up