ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:06 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Mahomes could be better, and needs to be.
He's not making as many of the highlight reel throws that we're used to seeing, but he is not even remotely to blame for the drops last night. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable performances from Hill, Pringle, and Kelce.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:10 PM 12-06-2021
The throw to Hill was pretty hard and high. Hill should have caught it, but it could have been a better throw.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:19 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The throw to Hill was pretty hard and high. Hill should have caught it, but it could have been a better throw.
Tyreek had both hands on the ball, she should have caught it.

You see much more difficult catches than that on a regular basis in the NFL.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:21 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Drops suck. Mahomes sucks. Everyone sucks.

Tired of Mahomes getting a pass too. We all love him. No one is calling for him to be benched or anything preposterous. But he's awful right now and if we're going to win a Super Bowl, we're going to need a LOT more out of him.
Do you even watch the games? The receivers are shitting the bed this year (especially last night). Mahomes has 25 TD and 12 INT, 8 of which were tipped/dropped by receivers, I believe. He should probably have more than 25 TD, because so many of those dropped passes led to INTs and/or killed drives that could have otherwise led to scoring. Even so, he should have a minimum of 25 TD, and he should have 4 INT. Even with all the drops, he's still averaging 282 YPG. That number should be higher than 300 if the receivers just catch the damn ball.

Mahomes isn't making as many jaw-dropping plays as we've seen in the past, but he's still been very good. Certainly good enough to win games. But when nobody can catch the ball and the coaches appear to be trying to bring Martyball back, he's not going to put up 400 yards and 5 TDs every week.

Right now he's basically Kirk Cousins.
The guy that lost to the Detroit Lions yesterday? You think that's how good Patrick Mahomes is right now?
[Reply]
mabbott 01:26 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
The one guy making the most sense in this thread has been downvoted into oblivion. The QB always takes some of the blame in any bad offense. I don't see how you can't see where Pat is hurting the offense. Bad reads on RPOs...bailing clean pockets.... tunnel vision. Bad passes. This is how he should have looked his first year starting.
The "guy" that was downvoted into oblivion said Mahomes sucks and then walked it back to he just sucks now.

He is not "hurting" the offense; however, he is a part of why it is not efficient. Could he be better, yes of course. He isn't bailing from clean pockets, he is staying in and our receivers aren't getting separation and when they do get separation they drop the ball at a higher rate than any other team.

As a fan base we are spoiled because we have seen him play at elite levels and now we we see him play at above average levels it isn't good enough.

The turnovers and drops have done more to kill the offense and momentum than anything, if you don't believe that you are fooling yourself. Penalties are right up there with dumb crap that has prevented a deadly offense.

Ugly wins are still wins. I am fine with ugly wins because this isn't college, we don't get bonus points for blowing people out.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:28 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by mabbott:
The "guy" that was downvoted into oblivion said Mahomes sucks and then walked it back to he just sucks now.

He is not "hurting" the offense; however, he is a part of why it is not efficient. Could he be better, yes of course. He isn't bailing from clean pockets, he is staying in and our receivers aren't getting separation and when they do get separation they drop the ball at a higher rate than any other team.

As a fan base we are spoiled because we have seen him play at elite levels and now we we see him play at above average levels it isn't good enough.

The turnovers and drops have done more to kill the offense and momentum than anything, if you don't believe that you are fooling yourself. Penalties are right up there with dumb crap that has prevented a deadly offense.

Ugly wins are still wins. I am fine with ugly wins because this isn't college, we don't get bonus points for blowing people out.
Stopped reading right after you said Mahomes isn't hurting the offense right now.

Anyone with that ridiculously blind of a take can't be taken seriously.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:30 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Do you even watch the games? The receivers are shitting the bed this year (especially last night). Mahomes has 25 TD and 12 INT, 8 of which were tipped/dropped by receivers, I believe. He should probably have more than 25 TD, because so many of those dropped passes led to INTs and/or killed drives that could have otherwise led to scoring. Even so, he should have a minimum of 25 TD, and he should have 4 INT. Even with all the drops, he's still averaging 282 YPG. That number should be higher than 300 if the receivers just catch the damn ball.

Mahomes isn't making as many jaw-dropping plays as we've seen in the past, but he's still been very good. Certainly good enough to win games. But when nobody can catch the ball and the coaches appear to be trying to bring Martyball back, he's not going to put up 400 yards and 5 TDs every week.

The guy that lost to the Detroit Lions yesterday? You think that's how good Patrick Mahomes is right now?
I watch every game. I've also watched every game for several years now.

The guy playing QB for the Chiefs right now is a shell of the guy that's been playing QB for the Chiefs for the three seasons prior.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:30 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Do you even watch the games?
If anybody thinks Mahomes was specifically bad in yesterday's game, they may have been watching the game but they certainly didn't understand what the hell they were watching.
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM 12-06-2021
It's pretty much across the board. Mahomes will play well, guys drop passes. Guys catch passes Mahomes struggles.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:35 PM 12-06-2021
Posted this in another thread but Mahomes leads the league the last 5 games in off target passes with 37.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:36 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by davewan:
Well, that wasn't his stat line, so your question is irrelevant. And I'm not freaking out. I'm simply stating an observation.
Sure you are Da Quix.

Your team is going to get its ass kicked tonight.

Allen will struggle in a light breeze.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:36 PM 12-06-2021
I watch every game. I've also watched every game for several years now.

The guy playing QB for the Chiefs right now is a shell of the guy that's been playing QB for the Chiefs for the three seasons prior.
No QB... not even Mahomes... is going to be successful when his top two targets are leading the NFL in expected points (EPA) from drops AND when SEVEN INT's have been on passes with a catch probability rate of at least 75% (and most of those were tipped passes).

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:40 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No QB... not even Mahomes... is going to be successful when his top two targets are leading the NFL in expected points (EPA) from drops AND when SEVEN INT's have been on passes with a catch probability rate of at least 75% (and most of those were tipped passes).

And don't get me wrong. Mahomes is part of the problem. You could see him not being quite as decisive..when he double pumps he didn't like the first window.

But offense struggling, people dropping passes, plays not developing, line just a tad off in pass pro, then it gets compounded when the QB feels all this.
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 12-06-2021
We didn't give Alex Smith all these excuses. I'm not sure why Mahomes should get them.

Play better.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:43 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
We didn't give Alex Smith all these excuses. I'm not sure why Mahomes should get them.

Play better.
THIS.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up