ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 72
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:02 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I mean...it was there if Hardman doesn't pull up. He was slightly off the Tyreek throw.

You're just looking for more reasons to shit on him because you have some retarded theory that Mahomes can't play QB.
It was not there. It was never there. And when your offense is struggling you don't force shit like that when you don't have too. We had a nice gainer on a wide open pass to Kelce.

I never said Pat can't play QB so get out with that shit. I said he is being stubborn and his own words seem to prove that out.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:05 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I never said Pat can't play QB so get out with that shit. I said he is being stubborn and his own words seem to prove that out.
So you're not the guy who questioned if Mahomes is just a gimmick Qb who can only play backyard football?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:06 PM 11-08-2021
I never said Pat can't play QB so get out with that shit.
Uh, slow that down there a bit, Pete.

Patrick is going to have to learn how to be a QB now. He got away the last 3 seasons playing backyard football.
Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick.

I would think the former but if he can't make the adjustment then it is not good.

[Reply]
petegz28 04:07 PM 11-08-2021
So you're not the guy who questioned if Mahomes is just a gimmick Qb who can only play backyard football?
If he doesn't right the ship that would be how it would play out, unfortunately.

I didn't question anything. I merely stated the facts. I know people here think Patrick is off-limits for criticism and everything is everyone else's fault but that's not how it works.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:08 PM 11-08-2021
I didn't question anything. I merely stated the facts. I know people here think Patrick is off-limits for criticism and everything is everyone else's fault but that's not how it works.
Big difference between criticism and saying he doesn't know how to be an NFL QB :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:09 PM 11-08-2021
If he doesn't right the ship that would be how it would play out, unfortunately.

just shut the fuck up already. mvp, superbowl ring, multiple afc titles & title games. definitely not a "gimmick"

youre an absolute fucking clown
[Reply]
petegz28 04:09 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Uh, slow that down there a bit, Pete.
Yeah, read what I said.

Originally Posted by :
Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick.

I would think the former but if he can't make the adjustment then it is not good.
I think he is a legit QB but that goes up in smoke if he can't get his shit together.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:12 PM 11-08-2021
Yeah, read what I said.

I think he is a legit QB but that goes up in smoke if he can't get his shit together.
"Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB"

Come on, dude. Rewatch the 95, 97, 06, 2010, 2015, 2016 and 2017 playoff losses and tell me where Bono, Gannon, Grbac, Green, Cassel and Alex were more of an "NFL QB" than Patrick was. You've become so spoiled with Patrick's standard that you've completely forgetting the generation of QB play this franchise had before him.

It was a completely idiotic statement and no amount of rationalizing is going to take your "Is Pat a legit NFL QB" comment away.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:13 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
just shut the **** up already. mvp, superbowl ring, multiple afc titles & title games. definitely not a "gimmick"

youre an absolute ****ing clown
The fact that he said this: "Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick. I would think the former but if he can't make the adjustment then it is not good."

is all you really need to know about pete.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:14 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
"Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB"

Come on, dude. Rewatch the 95, 97, 06, 2010, 2015, 2016 and 2017 playoff losses and tell me where Bono, Gannon, Grbac, Green, Cassel and Alex were more of an "NFL QB" than Patrick was.

It was a completely idiotic statement and no amount of rationalizing is going to take your "Is Pat a legit NFL QB" comment away.
I would argue that Gannon was a gamer and we probably go to the Super Bowl had we played him instead of Grbac.

Patrick is definitely more talented than any of those guys and maybe most who have ever played the game. But he doesn't seem to have it between the ears right now and that's the scary part. I guess I see mental problems as more worrisome that a mechanical or physical problem.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 11-08-2021
Fucking amazing. 3 Straight AFCCG's, 2 Straight SB's, League MVP, All Pro's, Pro Bowls etc and we're now questioning if he's "legit" QB all because of a 5 game slump.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:20 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The fact that he said this: "Well we are going to see if Mahomes is a legit NFL QB or a flash in the pan gimmick. I would think the former but if he can't make the adjustment then it is not good."

is all you really need to know about pete.

how anyone , especially a "chiefs fan" as pete clams he is would say the jury is still out as to whether mahomes is a gimmick or not is mind bottling.

year 1, he plays the last game& wins..does great in pre-season: yes jury is still out

year 2: plays a full season, absolutely shreds the league, goes to afc championship game: maybe the jury is still out, because now teams know and have the tape from a full season

year 3 : shreds the league , wins a ring, teams have had 2 full off seasons to prep and still cant stop him. case closed

year 4 : wins another afc title despite years of tape now being seen and all eyes on him. case closed and locked away

year 5: struggling and having 1st rough patch...NO SORRY you do not get to re-open the case. its closed already.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 11-08-2021
I would argue that Gannon was a gamer and we probably go to the Super Bowl had we played him instead of Grbac.

Patrick is definitely more talented than any of those guys and maybe most who have ever played the game. But he doesn't seem to have it between the ears right now and that's the scary part. I guess I see mental problems as more worrisome that a mechanical or physical problem.
Get outta here, Pete.

Guys with mechanical issues at QB rarely ever pan out at the NFL level. They can either throw the ball like an NFL QB or they can't. Yeah, there's a handful of exceptions but by an large, guys that don't throw the ball well don't make it.

And the mental issues have to be split in two.

Sure, mental issues coming out of college, for a guy that has never proven it at the NFL level, that's a BIG red flag.

However, we have 3 full seasons of Patrick Mahomes playing, not at a Pro Bowl level, not at an All Pro level, not even at an MVP level but at an historic HALL OF FAME level. He's broken over 50 records and some of them aren't even close.

He has the yips. They absolutely can, and will, go away at some point.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:23 PM 11-08-2021
****ing amazing. 3 Straight AFCCG's, 2 Straight SB's, League MVP, All Pro's, Pro Bowls etc and we're now questioning if he's "legit" QB all because of a 5 game slump.
Right now he is getting outplayed by

Wilson
Stafford
Murray
Dak
Brady
Rodgers
Cousins
Burrow
Bridgewater
Wentz
Mayfield
Ryan
Allen
Carr
Jackson
Garropolo

Because he can't or won't adjust to the defenses he is seeing. Saying we will see of he is "legit" is admittedly over the top but the point is, if he can't or won't adjust to a shell defense then we got problems.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:27 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Get outta here, Pete.

Guys with mechanical issues at QB rarely ever pan out at the NFL level. They can either throw the ball like an NFL QB or they can't. Yeah, there's a handful of exceptions but by an large, guys that don't throw the ball well don't make it.

And the mental issues have to be split in two.

Sure, mental issues coming out of college, for a guy that has never proven it at the NFL level, that's a BIG red flag.

However, we have 3 full seasons of Patrick Mahomes playing, not at a Pro Bowl level, not at an All Pro level, not even at an MVP level but at an historic HALL OF FAME level. He's broken over 50 records and some of them aren't even close.

He has the yips. They absolutely can, and will, go away at some point.

Oh I agree they can go away and I hope they do and think they will. But when I see him saying things like hits are taking him out of his rhythm or he just had to give the deep ball a chance it starts getting worrisome.

He had an incredible 3 years because he made throws no one else could, I agree. Teams have shut that down now. They aren't letting him run all over and sling the ball 50 yards downfield to elite speed receivers.

They are forcing him to play more ball control and thus far he hasn't been up to the challenge.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 72
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up