ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 72
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:04 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
“I saw Travis come open, but I just wanted to give it a chance,” Mahomes described of his deep attempt to wide receiver Mecole Hardman in the first half. “Even though their defenses are playing so deep, you still want to have a chance to take those shots; I missed a couple of them today. You just have to know when to take those and take the underneath, and that’s something I continue to have to get better at as the season goes on.”

That is just an absolutely nuts thing to admit. Also Kelce would have had a 20 to 30+ yard gain on that play. Why is he talking about it like it was a 4 yard check down? This is a terrible mentality to have. To pass up your most reliable pass catcher who's wide open to go to your worst pass catcher who's double covered isn't even something that should occur in his brain to do.
Yep. More or less confirming the narrative that he gets too impatient for long drives. He can’t make mistakes like that. The inverse of Alex passing up on open deep targets and just as costly.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:59 AM 11-08-2021

[Reply]
Danguardace 01:09 AM 11-08-2021
This team is painful to watch in almost every department
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:16 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
This team is painful to watch in almost every department
Not to me it isn't. Sure we got our struggles but they are battling back and this is a resilient team under Andy Reid. Go ahead bet against them each week if they are so painful to watch bet against them. They e battled and are battling diversity what they learned is nothing is given to them it has to be earned. The other 31 teams want to win too they all get paid to win football games.

At any given game this season Patrick can turn it on and put up 5 to 7 touchdowns I think in his career he will have a 8 TD game but you all act like there's something wrong with him. No mostly turning the ball over cost us some games but Patrick and this team are better than that. I'm still enjoying what it is gridiron and see what they are made of. They have room for improvement and that part is fun to watch.
[Reply]
IrishChief 03:30 AM 11-08-2021
This is a strange season right across the NFL, just look at the results. I understand PMII isnt playing well, but he has time to sort it out, at any moment it could click. The defense is slowly getting better and the turnovers are starting to go our way. We have some very winnable games coming up, if we can keep putting Ws on the board and improving then who knows what can happen. All throughout the history of the league teams have struggled the first half only to power home the second half and make a genuine playoff run.
[Reply]
-King- 03:50 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Not to me it isn't. Sure we got our struggles but they are battling back and this is a resilient team under Andy Reid. Go ahead bet against them each week if they are so painful to watch bet against them. They e battled and are battling diversity what they learned is nothing is given to them it has to be earned. The other 31 teams want to win too they all get paid to win football games.

At any given game this season Patrick can turn it on and put up 5 to 7 touchdowns I think in his career he will have a 8 TD game but you all act like there's something wrong with him. No mostly turning the ball over cost us some games but Patrick and this team are better than that. I'm still enjoying what it is gridiron and see what they are made of. They have room for improvement and that part is fun to watch.
So you enjoyed watching the back to back 3 and outs and multiple punts? The 36 combined points we've scored the past 3 weeks must have been exhilarating for you.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:41 AM 11-08-2021
“I saw Travis come open, but I just wanted to give it a chance,” Mahomes described of his deep attempt to wide receiver Mecole Hardman in the first half. “Even though their defenses are playing so deep, you still want to have a chance to take those shots; I missed a couple of them today. You just have to know when to take those and take the underneath, and that’s something I continue to have to get better at as the season goes on.”

That is just an absolutely nuts thing to admit. Also Kelce would have had a 20 to 30+ yard gain on that play. Why is he talking about it like it was a 4 yard check down? This is a terrible mentality to have. To pass up your most reliable pass catcher who's wide open to go to your worst pass catcher who's double covered isn't even something that should occur in his brain to do.
Ugh. This is upsetting.

On the one hand, it's kind of a relief. He is seeing these guys open. I've been concerned that he's just not seeing things right out there, which would be a huge issue obviously.

Regardless, this is a pretty big issue too. It seems like an easy fix- just take the sure thing! But pressing for the big play might just be in this guy's DNA, which would be very hard to shake. If he can't ever adjust to these shell defenses, we're going to be saddled with an average QB for the next handful of seasons.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:49 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yep. More or less confirming the narrative that he gets too impatient for long drives. He can’t make mistakes like that. The inverse of Alex passing up on open deep targets and just as costly.
Partially impatience. But also recognition that long drives increase the chance of mistakes. And our RBs are not going to steal first downs for you. There's a reason defenses would rather er do this. A long int is easy to shake off. Very hard to shake off grinding out a long drive only to come up short or turn the ball over.

He didn't have this issue earlier in the season. I think he just has the yips because he doesn't trust his defense, RBs or non primary receivers. Hopefully back to back good games by the D will get him more settled.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:56 AM 11-08-2021
So you enjoyed watching the back to back 3 and outs and multiple punts? The 36 combined points we've scored the past 3 weeks must have been exhilarating for you.
he isn't Alex Smith

Originally Posted by :
Speaking to Jayson Jenks, Rustin Dodd and Nate Taylor of The Athletic, former Chiefs assistant coach Brad Childress recalled the one season he spent working with Mahomes in 2017.

Childress mentioned an exercise he used to do with the team's quarterbacks, which was to show them a play and ask them where they would throw the ball. Childress noted that traditionally the choices would be an underneath throw of about four yards or an over-the-top throw of about 18 yards.

The veteran coach noted that Mahomes once said, "S--t, I'd throw the post."

Childress described his response, saying: "I'd look at him like, 'F--king what,'" before realizing that there was indeed a post route available 65 yards down the field.

Once he became aware of Mahomes' ability to hit those types of throws unlike most quarterbacks, Childress said he changed his response to: "Yeah, good idea."

[Reply]
-King- 08:27 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
he isn't Alex Smith
Hitting open receivers and tight ends is being Alex Smith? He just admitted he passed over an open Kelce for a double covered Hardman. That's a problem.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:37 AM 11-08-2021
Hitting open receivers and tight ends is being Alex Smith? He just admitted he passed over an open Kelce for a double covered Hardman. That's a problem.
He isn't going to stop being aggressive as Childress story clearly points out. He see's the field different than Alex did and he is going to go for the long shots. Previous seasons it worked out just fine, this season not so much. You take the good with the bad with Mahomes. I am ok with it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:52 AM 11-08-2021
I still say the WR''s suck balls and don't get open much outside of Hill. They are ST players we have kept around for years to make them WR's and it's a fail. Mahomes doesn't trust them and then you throw in a banged up aging Travis and you got Mahomes back there with not much to throw to. Then there's the drops and the picks off WR's hands and you get some shell shock from your QB with less confidence in his skill players.

He now has to rewire his brain to look short then deep and he's struggling to do that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:56 AM 11-08-2021
I’ll reserve judgement until the season is over, but if he continues the downward slide it might be time to draft some legit competition for him next spring. Just to push him if nothing else.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:58 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ll reserve judgement until the season is over, but if he continues the downward slide it might be time to draft some legit competition for him next spring. Just to push him if nothing else.
haha :-)
[Reply]
-King- 08:58 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He isn't going to stop being aggressive as Childress story clearly points out. He see's the field different than Alex did and he is going to go for the long shots. Previous seasons it worked out just fine, this season not so much. You take the good with the bad with Mahomes. I am ok with it.
Kelce was 20 yards down the field and would have gotten more yards after the catch.

Intermediate throws are Alex Smith throws now?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 72
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up