ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Tribal Warfare 03:12 PM 05-18-2022

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:27 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I actually thought it was a damn good first episode, but that entrance by Titania was pretty lousy. They'll have to sort that out.

Everything else about the episode was strong, no pun intended.

I am in the vast minority of fans who think Professor Hulk is one of the best MCU characters. Ruffalo is perfect in that role. Getting a ton of him in this episode is great, and Walters is a lot of fun to watch.

Reading this thread, it's probably not super shocking that a lot of male fans may dislike the show or the character because they disagree with her, but I think it offers a plausible explanation for why Walters is better at this Hulk thing than Banner, and her character rings honest to me.
Shocking the one without nuts thinks this
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:27 AM 09-01-2022
Gave it a chance. Bad....really bad...I mean cringeworthy bad
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:16 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Only way another Hulk movie will work is if it is something like Planet Hulk (which they kind of did in Thor Ragnarok) or WW Hulk.

The Incredible Hulk, which She-Hulk just confirmed is canon, was slow and boring. Much of that could be because of Norton.

They introduced The Leader in Incredible Hulk and they need to expand upon that.
For the record, "Avengers" confirmed it was cannon. Banner references breaking Harlem.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:38 PM 09-01-2022
I'll simply post what I commented on Critical Drinker's vid.

Originally Posted by RAUSCH:
What the Drinker, and honestly most reviews, haven't touched on was WHY She-Hulk even is a character. Why was it Bruce's cousin? Why wasn't it some random woman he could have tried to save?

Because they had to show she came from the same stock as Bruce did. They were spelling out the difference between the two Hulks. Why is Jen able to control it, fight crime and then stroll off to court, never lose it and cause destruction? Because she's an incredibly intelligent, moral, and disciplined person. She isn't full of hate, anger, and revenge. They come from the same genes but different childhood's. Her deepest desire is justice - not power - and she's not tempted by it. Bruce is. Bruce's issues arise from his deepest hate and addiction. He's addicted to the power. He can't truly ever overcome the Hulk because deep down he doesn't want to. She's supposed to be the goal that Bruce is striving for and looks up to.

The pity isn't that they're destroying the Hulk - it's that they're destroying She-Hulk. The Hulk has always been a monster...

Yes, I have been a fan of Jen and the She-Hulk comix until after WWHulk.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:54 PM 09-01-2022
Apparently She-Hulk twerks in this new episode.

Can't wait! :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 04:55 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Swell. So much for the class and position of reverence she carried in the comix.

Meh, I'm letting it go. Like Disney has destroyed the rest - they'll destroy the best...
[Reply]
Fish 05:02 PM 09-01-2022

That was fucking cringe.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:40 AM 09-02-2022

I saw that. It was really fucking stupid. They must have been able to get Megan Thee Stallion on the cheap and had to figure out how to use her.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:02 AM 09-02-2022
No rage, no muscle bulk… Looks like Creed Humphrey could kick her ass.. Really disappointing what they are doing to Hulks.. The Abomination turned into a pussy? Really?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:32 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
No rage, no muscle bulk… Looks like Creed Humphrey could kick her ass.. Really disappointing what they are doing to Hulks.. The Abomination turned into a pussy? Really?
She hulk has always been ultra feminine.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:21 PM 09-02-2022
Episode 3 was still pretty meh, but as somebody who has watched every MCU movie/show, I can't help but keep watching.

I will say that its been nowhere near as bad as episode 1. Might actually be better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier, though that isn't saying much.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:42 PM 09-02-2022
What I love about the critical drinker is that he breaks down how horrible this, and other, narratives are, strictly from a story telling perspective. I mean he savages terrible character development, setup-payoff moments, and all manner of the like. And then people can say "ok drinker you have so many negative things to say about this film, why dont you write something of your own".

Then those folks find out he's published well over a dozen books, has a huge readership, and one of his book series is being turned into a movie as we speak. It's so funny to watch that little arc unfold.

Drinker doesn't seem impressed by She Hulk!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:57 PM 09-02-2022
Critical Drinker is fantastic.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:53 AM 09-03-2022

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:41 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
She was sometimes drawn with some muscle tone but not huge at all.

[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up