ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2071 of 2693
« First < 1071157119712021206120672068206920702071 20722073207420752081212121712571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:43 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You must be forgetting that we have a 17-game schedule now.

6,000 or bust!

I want 60 TD’s too!
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:00 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I really hope opposing defenses are as confident that they've figured us out as Simms is.
[Reply]
eDave 09:06 AM 08-26-2021
So, stop the pass. Figuring out AZ? What's to figure out?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:11 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I really hope opposing defenses are as confident that they've figured us out as Simms is.
There's a lot of truth to what he's saying.

I mean, the SB. I know, the OL was shit. I know, Mahomes was hobbled.

But that fucking game plan was retarded. No help for Remmers? Just gonna leave the tackles 1v1 all the damn time?

No real short game? Where were reverses, mis-directions, RPO's and screens? Anything to back that DL from pinning their ears back? Nothing.

It's not popular to say, but the coaching that SB was just as bad as the Oline.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:14 AM 08-26-2021
I love it.

The Raiders, Colts, and Tampa Bay have provided a blueprint on how to defeat the Chiefs.

What they fail to discuss is that Andy and Co are always making counter moves. To not mention a revamped offensive line, improved d line, to instead talk about the departure of Sammy Watkins is fucking laughable.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:21 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

But that ****ing game plan was retarded. No help for Remmers? Just gonna leave the tackles 1v1 all the damn time?

No real short game? Where were reverses, mis-directions, RPO's and screens? Anything to back that DL from pinning their ears back? Nothing.

Oh I agree that the coaching in that particular game was atrocious.

But as bad as it was that night, it was equally good against Cleveland and Buffalo. Those two games featured very few big plays and the exact kind of quick hitters and death by 1000 cuts that they discussed in the video.

So clearly the staff knows what to do. They just perplexingly abandoned it in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:22 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I love it.

The Raiders, Colts, and Tampa Bay have provided a blueprint on how to defeat the Chiefs.
Yeah, that was dumb. All three of those teams got WTFBBQPWND by the Chiefs.

But i do agree that the blueprint is out there.

But with this new Oline, we'll see if the Chiefs made the playcalling adjustments and developed the patience to utilize it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:52 AM 08-26-2021

But that ****ing game plan was retarded. No help for Remmers? Just gonna leave the tackles 1v1 all the damn time?

Sure but you are literally talking about 1 bad game plan in how many weeks of football? They picked a bad day to have a really bad day. The Raiders loss was simply the Raiders making fluke plays and the Chiefs being off a little.

It was a terrible game plan, but there isn't a pattern of this just some one offs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:53 AM 08-26-2021
Yeah, that was dumb. All three of those teams got WTFBBQPWND by the Chiefs.

But i do agree that the blueprint is out there.

But with this new Oline, we'll see if the Chiefs made the playcalling adjustments and developed the patience to utilize it.
The blueprint is hope Mahomes has a bad day and hope you can make some crazy big scoring plays, both things have to happen.

What was the winning streak up to at one point? 23 games?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:10 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sure but you are literally talking about 1 bad game plan in how many weeks of football? They picked a bad day to have a really bad day. The Raiders loss was simply the Raiders making fluke plays and the Chiefs being off a little.

It was a terrible game plan, but there isn't a pattern of this just some one offs.
We've actually seen it multiple times, for the last two seasons. Mahomes is just so good he's able to overcome.

There is ABSOLUTELY a pattern there. It's part of why they had so many dry spells last season.

I'm not arguing that our coaching staff isn't great. But they do have tendencies to sometimes fall into. They get pretty stubborn at times trying to force a vertical passing game. Part of that may be Mahomes losing patience.

Part of me thinks that it plays a roll in EB not getting a job.

I've heard multiple times now that, at times, our offense is a product of its players more so than its schemes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:16 AM 08-26-2021
I don't know anything about anything, but if they drop 7, I'm running the ball or throwing some screens/wheel routes. Enjoy a taste of our Oline.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:27 AM 08-26-2021
Chiefs are gonna have to make teams pay if they drop 7 by gouging them with the run game. the new OL will likely, I'm hoping, get more push on the run game and move the DL back and give CEH a little space to work with. Instead of getting pressure right as he received the handoff which happened way to much last season.

The don't necessarily have to do the old mantra of "run to set up the pass" per se in the traditional boring sense. They just need to be able recognize and check to a run if they think they're getting 6 or 7 dropping back. Once teams get tired of getting gouged, then we'll see some of the usual stuff we've seen the last few years.

But I think Sims is right; at least in the standpoint of what teams are gonna do to defend the Chiefs. Chiefs need to expect it, and gameplan some concepts/ strategy to kick the the opposing D in the nuts if that's how the opposing D wants to play it.

So glad we got the OL guys we do now. I think we're going to see some really good things from CEH this year; and the running game overall.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:36 AM 08-26-2021

My biggest issue with the SB was - and I hate to be this guy - that the officials put us in an early hole.

Conceding an early lead for that particular game was the number one thing we could not let happen. Despite our best efforts, there were 3-4 drive-extending calls in the first half that put our defense on its heels and allowed points to be scored.

From that point, the 2nd half was a wash because we became 1 dimensional, and they knew it, and we knew it, and there was nothing else we could do. Passing to catch up in that game was like trying to run a marathon with a torn hamstring.

Very strong passrush against terrible backup and mis-positioned players, compounded with elite coverage LB's and strong DB's flooding the secondary, and we were just fucked.

Had we stalled a few of their drives, and kept the score closer, we could have had a chance. But it was insurmountable.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:38 AM 08-26-2021
Florio is such a bitch

he moderated my comment about the NFL figuring out lamar jackson

what a pussy

and sims is a bit of a shithead
[Reply]
Dante84 10:43 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't know anything about anything, but if they drop 7, I'm running the ball or throwing some screens/wheel routes. Enjoy a taste of our Oline.
That's the key, and that's why Veach did what he did this year.

Clyde + McKinnon + Big Nasties up front are the counterpunch to the punch.

- They drop 7 into the secondary
- So we run, gain 6-8 yards per carry until they stop it - they can't.
- So they adjust and bring 2 more into the box: extra safety & LB?
- So Mahomes steps to the line and checks to play-action, or RPO.
- He decides to pass, so we now have Tyreek doubled and Kelce and/or Hardman singled.
- He also has more time than he's ever had, which means our WR's are running nonstop and tiring out their CB's.

The 3rd quarters of our games this year are going to be bonkers, I think.
[Reply]
Page 2071 of 2693
« First < 1071157119712021206120672068206920702071 20722073207420752081212121712571 > Last »
Up