ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 125
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:42 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Would Johnathan Taylor have been worth a 1st?
In hindsight? Probably yes. But not for this offense.

Taylor wouldn't be what he is in this offense like he has been for Indy. He requires you to feed him the ball and Reid wouldn't do that.

Swift would have been a better option than CEH but even he has injury issues.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Would Johnathan Taylor have been worth a 1st?
I'll get flamed for it.

No. He was coming into the draft wiht some ball security issues and had 1k carries worth of wear and tear on his body.

He went where elite RB's go. The 2nd round. I'd still argue that I'd not take one there, but I woudln't always be opposed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:31 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Yall put too much stock in where a guy is drafted. Was it CEH fault he was drafted at 32? No but he impressed the brass and Patrick Mahomes enough to draft him there. He should have been a 3rd or 4th and then impress the coaches in practice to be a starter and everyone would have loved him then and still would be rooting for the 4th rounder. They are the under dogs. Like this draft we got guys that were later rounds that can take over and be week one starters but they weren't first rounders. Most first rounders have extra pressure on them and expectations and almost to some impossible to meet fans expectations their first year. ****ing give CEH his dues and give him this year if he fails then coach will have someone else run in his place. GET OVER HE WAS A FIRST ROUND PICK.

Not his fault he was drafted where he was not his fault he did the splits getting tackled causing an injury just before he had a shot of being OROY. That's some bullshit not giving him a chance going into his third year . If he sucks he sucks and someone else will ****ing tale the rock. Right now he is the starting running back of my ****ing favorite team the GOD DAMN KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SUCK IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

If he sucks they will make changes if he succeeds then good for us right?

I'm rooting for him more now because all you doubters.
Holy shit, bro. Stfu. Your takes are all trash and you are the king of Homer's.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:43 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm going to ask a question because I don't want to put words in your mouth: Are you someone who says, "You really shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st round. Just don't do it." Like, sure, be choosy about who you're taking, but for example... if the Chiefs legit believed that CEH was going to be the kind of RB we needed that would make our offense truly unstoppable, was it okay for them to spend the 32nd overall pick for him at the time?

Again, I'm not putting you in this category necessarily, but what drives me up the wall are fans who pine for Kareem Hunt but also say, "CEH was horrible from the start-- never draft RBs in the 1st round!" because they seem to be implying that Hunt was quite valuable to the team and its success, so if he was really all that irreplaceable, then why not spend the 32nd overall pick in an attempt to put the offense back in God mode? Is that any worse than the Colts spending the 6th overall pick on a goddamn guard in 2018, no matter how good he is? You can quibble with the player they chose, but if that's who the front office and scouts believed would do the trick, then doesn't it make sense?
If you scroll up I said CEH would have been worth it at 32 if he turned out to be another Kareem Hunt. But you better be pretty damn sure he's going to be a top 5-10 RB. And he clearly is not.

Also it bugs me when people say "first round" - like 33 would have been ok, but 32 is too soon. With a RB that you might not want to give a second contract anyway, that 5th year option could be really valuable.

I feel like a lot of people itt are a) acknowledging Hunt is hard to replace, but b) saying that the difference between Hunt and CEH isn't that big. I completely disagree with the latter.

Like I said, I think maybe the pendulum has swung too far towards the "RBs are interchangeable" stance. We need another Hunt. It's worth paying or drafting fairly high to try to get one imo.
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 05-06-2022
I think you're overrating what Hunt did here. He was a good player, for sure. He was also found in the 3rd round cheaply.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:14 PM 05-06-2022
Hunt was a difference maker. Teams stacked the box against him, knowing he could break a long run at any time (see his rookie year when he lead the league in rushing). He could also ran great routes, didn't drop the ball, blocked reasonably well, and never fumbled.

Stacking the box vs. Hunt, as compared to not stacking the box vs. Williams might not show up in the running game stat sheet. But it shows up in the passing game stats (see the first half of 2018 when Mahomes went wild).

Yes we got Hunt in the 3rd round. We also got Travis Kelce and Justin Houston in the 3rd round. That doesn't mean 3rd round difference makers grow on trees. You have to keep trying to find those guys and not settle for average.

That might be the biggest knock against CEH in the first round - if he doesn't work out we're still married to him for ~3 years. You can let a 3rd-rounder go much easily.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:15 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'll get flamed for it.

No. He was coming into the draft wiht some ball security issues and had 1k carries worth of wear and tear on his body.

He went where elite RB's go. The 2nd round. I'd still argue that I'd not take one there, but I woudln't always be opposed.
This is when it just gets silly and you’re overthinking it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:10 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Holy shit, bro. Stfu. Your takes are all trash and you are the king of Homer's.
Dude, the above is rich with irony.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:46 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you're overrating what Hunt did here. He was a good player, for sure. He was also found in the 3rd round cheaply.
3rd round picks are high capital selections

Thus you're expecting significant production out that kid.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:47 PM 05-06-2022

A few Day 3 picks with notable jersey numbers.

RB Isiah Pacheco gets No. 10, formerly worn by #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill.

CB Jaylen Watson gets No. 35, formerly worn by #Chiefs CB Charvarius Ward. https://t.co/U7s5pf5ygE

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) May 6, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 08:33 PM 05-06-2022
I'll hand it to Pacheco he has brass balls
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:53 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Hunt was a difference maker. Teams stacked the box against him, knowing he could break a long run at any time (see his rookie year when he lead the league in rushing). He could also ran great routes, didn't drop the ball, blocked reasonably well, and never fumbled.

Stacking the box vs. Hunt, as compared to not stacking the box vs. Williams might not show up in the running game stat sheet. But it shows up in the passing game stats (see the first half of 2018 when Mahomes went wild).

Yes we got Hunt in the 3rd round. We also got Travis Kelce and Justin Houston in the 3rd round. That doesn't mean 3rd round difference makers grow on trees. You have to keep trying to find those guys and not settle for average.

That might be the biggest knock against CEH in the first round - if he doesn't work out we're still married to him for ~3 years. You can let a 3rd-rounder go much easily.
We're not married to CEH at all. It was the 32nd overall pick, not the 2nd overall pick.

Let's say Tom Brady is a kid fucker and does shit that makes it harder for his RBs to explode and be unstoppable monsters. Ron Jones gets here and becomes our new Hunt like you've been demanding. You think Andy's going to say, "Damn, Jones is great, but it's too bad we have to feed Clyde the ball."

Jerick fucking McKinnon was our primary ball carrier down the stretch last year even when Clyde was healthy. Because he was better.

We're not just going to get rid of Clyde when we have nothing else but some 1-year rentals. That makes no sense. But everybody was actually better than him? Yeah. His ass would be gone.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:24 PM 05-06-2022
This kid's highlights are pretty impressive, I think we might have a star on our hands.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:51 PM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're not married to CEH at all. It was the 32nd overall pick, not the 2nd overall pick.

Let's say Tom Brady is a kid ****er and does shit that makes it harder for his RBs to explode and be unstoppable monsters. Ron Jones gets here and becomes our new Hunt like you've been demanding. You think Andy's going to say, "Damn, Jones is great, but it's too bad we have to feed Clyde the ball."

Jerick ****ing McKinnon was our primary ball carrier down the stretch last year even when Clyde was healthy. Because he was better.

We're not just going to get rid of Clyde when we have nothing else but some 1-year rentals. That makes no sense. But everybody was actually better than him? Yeah. His ass would be gone.
But he still got 2 years of being one of the feature backs, and will get every opportunity next year to prove himself before we finally bench him. That's what I mean.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:11 AM 05-07-2022
How long has it been since we have had this kind of speed at RB?

Charles?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 125
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up