Page 495 of 4817
« First < 395445485491492493494495 4964974984995055455959951495 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
CsquaredCC 11:34 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Know how I know you don't know shit about it?
Know how I know you are a complete homer? Elway's inability to get just one competent veteran QB on the roster is going to waste what should have been a Super Bowl window type season for Denver. Especially with that defense. Maybe Lynch is able to open that window back up next year, but Denver will struggle with the QB options they have in 2016.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:37 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by CsquaredCC:
Know how I know you are a complete homer? Elway's inability to get just one competent veteran QB on the roster is going to waste what should have been a Super Bowl window type season for Denver. Especially with that defense. Maybe Lynch is able to open that window back up next year, but Denver will struggle with the QB options they have in 2016.
Curious... which QBs did Elway miss out on this offseason that would have made you think they were set for a repeat? The cupboard was relatively bare in FA. Brock? Who knows, that could have ended differently, but it didn't and it's time to move on.
[Reply]
CsquaredCC 11:45 AM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Curious... which QBs did Elway miss out on this offseason that would have made you think they were set for a repeat? The cupboard was relatively bare in FA. Brock? Who knows, that could have ended differently, but it didn't and it's time to move on.
Osweiler should never have been allowed to hit free agency. He should have been locked up before the 2015 season even started on a 2-year deal at $10-12 million. That was the number being floated at the time and I am sure he would have taken it. Everyone knew that Manning wasn't coming back. Why even allow Osweiler to get close to the open market when you knew that the franchise tag was very likely to be used on Miller? It was a complete miscalculation on Elway's part. I don't know why Denver fans have such a hard time admitting this.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:28 PM 09-02-2016
Osweiler should never have been allowed to hit free agency. He should have been locked up before the 2015 season even started on a 2-year deal at $10-12 million. That was the number being floated at the time and I am sure he would have taken it. Everyone knew that Manning wasn't coming back. Why even allow Osweiler to get close to the open market when you knew that the franchise tag was very likely to be used on Miller? It was a complete miscalculation on Elway's part. I don't know why Denver fans have such a hard time admitting this.
There was nothing to validate $10-12M a year prior to Manning being benched. The events always look different in the rear view mirror.

It is what it is... they're moving on, we'll see what happens.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:33 PM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If Brock plays as well as he did for the Texans this past weekend, and Lynch turns out to be a bust, there's no denying that Elway ****ed up.

I know it's hard for you to possibly imagine him ****ing up, but with the window your defense has, a guy like Brock could've possibly kept you a contender for the next 2-3 years.

If Lynch doesn't pan out, your team will fall apart over he next few years, and all that talent on defense will go to waste, without much hope for the near future.
:-) KC fan giving Elway QB advice. Now that's funny.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:35 PM 09-02-2016
Elway drafted and groomed Manning's replacement 3 years prior. Houston offered him a ridiculous amount of $ that Elway wisely decided not to match. I understand that Elway has been beating your ass in one form or another for a lot of years and I won't stand in the way of your nonsensical rants.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:40 PM 09-02-2016
Arm-chair nut job vs. HOF QB and only man to ever win a SB as both QB and GM of the same team.
I wonder which one knows more?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 09-02-2016
:-) KC fan giving Elway QB advice. Now that's funny.
Holy shit you're such an arrogant moron. Completely incapable of reason or even a debate
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 09-02-2016
Arm-chair nut job vs. HOF QB and only man to ever win a SB as both QB and GM of the same team.
I wonder which one knows more?
He's still 0 for 1 on drafting QB's.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:52 PM 09-02-2016

[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 09-02-2016
You're right. He won the big one. I'm not disputing that, or not giving him credit for it. Still doesn't mean we can't say anything negative/critique him for the rest of his tenure. I probably wouldn't care what happens for the next 10 years either, but some of you Broncos fans still think you're going to continue to dominate the AFCW, and you're delusional about your team going forward.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:01 PM 09-02-2016
O for 1 ... what does that mean exactly?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:13 PM 09-02-2016
Their QB is named Semen. lol
[Reply]
staylor26 01:13 PM 09-02-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
O for 1 ... what does that mean exactly?
You know exactly what it means.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:16 PM 09-02-2016
You're right. He won the big one. I'm not disputing that, or not giving him credit for it. Still doesn't mean we can't say anything negative/critique him for the rest of his tenure. I probably wouldn't care what happens for the next 10 years either, but some of you Broncos fans still think you're going to continue to dominate the AFCW, and you're delusional about your team going forward.
We agree on everything but your last line. You talk as if the next few years in the AFCW have already been played out.
[Reply]
Page 495 of 4817
« First < 395445485491492493494495 4964974984995055455959951495 > Last »
Up