Page 483 of 4820
« First < 383433473479480481482483 4844854864874935335839831483 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:22 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's as silly as someone suggesting all KC had was Santos.
:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:23 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's declined and the offense is an abomination. No threat.
I don't know about all that... DT had a nice one-handed catch from Trevor vs the Rams. I'm sure you've seen it. DT made a great play and it was a solid pass.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:24 PM 08-29-2016

Elway isn't really falling on his face though. He is now starting a guy he drafted last year, if it works out, good for him.
Take a long look at the O-line that Elway put together this off-season...he signed Donald? Signed Sanchez?...lost Brock?

Sanders, Ware, Talib and Ward only signed there because they wanted the chance at a ring with Manning. None of them are in Denver without him being the QB...NONE. That's 4 of your best 6 players.

Elway is the most over-hyped GM in football...and this off-season proves it. Wade was a great call...I'll give him credit on that.
[Reply]
TEX 12:25 PM 08-29-2016
I'm still sticking with this projection for the AFCW at this point.
:-) Of COURSE you are - nice and SAFE. All part of your passive - aggressive act. However, the second you see an advantage, you'll flip... Same act for 15 years. :-)

Tell the masses what they want to hear, so I'll appear cool, then my true colors will come out... :-)
Funny thing is, IT WORKS here! :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:33 PM 08-29-2016
I don't know about all that... DT had a nice one-handed catch from Trevor vs the Rams. I'm sure you've seen it. DT made a great play and it was a solid pass.
DT is dead fool
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:55 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-) Of COURSE you are - nice and SAFE. All part of your passive - aggressive act. However, the second you see an advantage, you'll flip... Same act for 15 years. :-)

Tell the masses what they want to hear, so I'll appear cool, then my true colors will come out... :-)
Funny thing is, IT WORKS here! :-)
Really 16+ if you count the Star days. Honestly, this passive/aggressive thing is silly. I've always given my honest takes. Do I jab often? Sure, but it's a sports talking site - where's the foul?

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
DT is dead fool
DT is quite alive and well in Denver right now.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:02 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Take a long look at the O-line that Elway put together this off-season...he signed Donald? Signed Sanchez?...lost Brock?

Sanders, Ware, Talib and Ward only signed there because they wanted the chance at a ring with Manning. None of them are in Denver without him being the QB...NONE. That's 4 of your best 6 players.

Elway is the most over-hyped GM in football...and this off-season proves it. Wade was a great call...I'll give him credit on that.
Sure, they benefited from the "SB or Bust" theme. It worked and now they have a great foundation in place. While they've lost some top guys on defense and could be without Talib, they're far from having no talent to fill those voids. The defense is still a top 5 unit, at the minimum.

The OL is a mess, we knew that last year and they haven't been able to fix it. It all comes down to the scheme and can they do enough with Trevor at QB to mask those issues. It's a tall order, no doubt about it, but they have playmakers on offense too and they're not some spare team hoping for 4 wins.

That might be your wet dream, but when the sun rises... you're still just going to have wet sheets when you wake up from this 'doom and gloom Elway sucks dream'. Denver can win 9-10 games this season with what they have right now. I'll bet when the season ended in 1998, you thought it would be the last you'd type about Elway and that likely pisses you off more than anything else.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:34 PM 08-29-2016

That might be your wet dream, but when the sun rises... you're still just going to have wet sheets when you wake up from this 'doom and gloom Elway sucks dream'. Denver can win 9-10 games this season with what they have right now.
Umm...10 wins sounds like your wet dream. When was the last time a rookie QB won 10 games? I'd check on it...if I gave a rat's ass.

Every conceivable bounce/lucky break would have to go Manning's way again...oh snap
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:41 PM 08-29-2016
Russell Wilson won 11 games in his rookie season (2012).

But I don't think I would compare Semen to him . . . . . .
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:45 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Russell Wilson won 11 games in his rookie season (2012).

But I don't think I would compare Semen to him . . . . . .
Luck did too...

So MHM is banking on 7th round Semen being the next Wilson/Luck with a terrible o-line....speaking of "wet dreams". Sheesh...the homer is strong in that one.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:45 PM 08-29-2016
Sure, they benefited from the "SB or Bust" theme. It worked and now they have a great foundation in place. While they've lost some top guys on defense and could be without Talib, they're far from having no talent to fill those voids. The defense is still a top 5 unit, at the minimum.

The OL is a mess, we knew that last year and they haven't been able to fix it. It all comes down to the scheme and can they do enough with Trevor at QB to mask those issues. It's a tall order, no doubt about it, but they have playmakers on offense too and they're not some spare team hoping for 4 wins.

That might be your wet dream, but when the sun rises... you're still just going to have wet sheets when you wake up from this 'doom and gloom Elway sucks dream'. Denver can win 9-10 games this season with what they have right now. I'll bet when the season ended in 1998, you thought it would be the last you'd type about Elway and that likely pisses you off more than anything else.
It will interesting how your team responds after the Panther beat down in week one. This is a nightmare scenario for you guys.

Panthers wanting revenge, Cam wanting to prove he can play against an elite D. On the other side- the Panthers Defense will not be kind to whichever Rookie you trot out there. I think it is going to be a rough day.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:24 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You been in a coma the last 5 years?
Oh....you mean u are going to try and buy another one....got it. Your team has been about as good as the Chiefs in devloping your own. What was your team thinking when they got Sanchez?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:24 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
S-I-E-M-I-A-N -- Siemian
SEMEN, you know, like your favorite drink
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:36 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It will interesting how your team responds after the Panther beat down in week one. This is a nightmare scenario for you guys.

Panthers wanting revenge, Cam wanting to prove he can play against an elite D. On the other side- the Panthers Defense will not be kind to whichever Rookie you trot out there. I think it is going to be a rough day.
It's going to be a defensive battle, no doubt about it. I wonder why so many here believe the Panthers will be able to dominate Denver's defense. And, it's in Denver, so they won't be able to breathe, right? That unfair advantage...

Look, I think it was a 'nightmare scenario' with Sanchez, at least Trevor has been in the system since last year. Will he dominate? I doubt it, he just needs to do his best to manage the game.

FGs galore in this one.

Wilson, RGII, Big Ben, Luck, Flacco ... all had good years as rookies. Dalton had a solid season. Matt Ryan, Cam - there are several rookie QBs that have done well. And, most of them had good teams and supporting casts, they weren't tasked with doing it alone. And, that's where Trevor is...

Vince Young had ugly stats and flamed out, but he was 8-5 as a rookie.

Is Trevor destined to join these guys? Who the hell knows, but to suggest it's impossible is crazy and he's not a rookie, he's had a year in the system, but he is a rookie from an actual playing perspective.

We'll see how it goes.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:38 PM 08-29-2016
I'm still sticking with this projection for the AFCW at this point.

This is rational.
[Reply]
Page 483 of 4820
« First < 383433473479480481482483 4844854864874935335839831483 > Last »
Up