ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by COchief:
Ha, yeah I get that vibe. I mean really I'm just a dude throwing an occasional opinion out. I have suffered through the dark days with this franchise and here and there I get flashbacks to Sutton/Gknob when the D gives up a long 3rd down, it still hurts...

Glad you're posting more these days old chap. :cheers:
You 'get' that vibe?

You positively bleed that vibe, hoss.

When he mentions people unwilling to learn in favor of insisting they're right, he's talking about you.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:59 PM 02-01-2023
Jesus Christ.

Spags D was asked to prevent Joe ****ing Burrow, Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins and Joe Mixon from getting into field goal range not once but twice deep in the fourth quarter of an AFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

The dude was hired to get the ONE stop that Bob Sutton's dumbass couldn't muster despite sixteen 3rd and 10's against the Patriots. He more than delivered on his promise and got us to another title game. How is this still even a discussion?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Jesus Christ.

Spags D was asked to prevent Joe ****ing Burrow, Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins and Joe Mixon from getting into field goal range not once but twice in the fourth quarter of an AFC CHAMPIONSHIP.

The dude was hired to get the ONE stop that Bob Sutton's dumbass couldn't muster despite 16 3rd and 10's against the Patriots. He more than delivered on his promise and got us to another title game. How is this still even a discussion?
MOAR BLITZES!!!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:20 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
MOAR BLITZES!!!!!
Now I'm pissed off.

This dude had THREE rookie corners defending arguably the greatest wide receiving group in the entire NFL after his best player in the secondary went down with an injury. He also lost his biggest playmaker in the linebacking core who could have best neutralized Burrow's rushes throughout the entire game. These are all of the ingredients to a classic, Chiefs Playoff MELTDOWN ala the 2013 Colts.

Instead, while the offense was completely Aground after our wideouts injury, our defense, being manned by rookies, second years, and back-ups sacks up and stops the VERY SAME offense that sent us packing from the playoffs last year. And people are still ****ing? What exactly are you all wanting here?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:27 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Usually when a call doesn't work.....unless it's just egregiously bad, it's a personnel thing

The 4th and 6 call they had on was fine. You just need one of the DL to get there. THey got him to hold on to it for a beat or two longer, Chase just made a great play. Shit happens.

But it's a play Brian Burns would have made had we..........nevermind.
Who's going to be the midseason trade guy you pine over for next year?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 PM 02-01-2023
MOAR BLITZES!!!!!
If you don't bring the house every play your soft!!! Then when they mix in a screen to counter? FIRE SPAGS!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Now I'm pissed off.

This dude had THREE rookie corners defending arguably the greatest wide receiving group in the entire NFL after his best player in the secondary went down with an injury. He also lost his biggest playmaker in the linebacking core who could have best neutralized Burrow's rushes throughout the entire game. These are all of the ingredients to a classic, Chiefs Playoff MELTDOWN ala the 2013 Colts.

Instead, while the offense was completely Aground after our wideouts injury, our defense, being manned by rookies, second years, and back-ups sacks up and stops the VERY SAME offense that sent us packing from the playoffs last year. And people are still ****ing? What exactly are you all wanting here?
moar blitzes?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:07 PM 02-01-2023
:-):-):-)
WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:07 PM 02-01-2023
moar blitzes?
:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:14 PM 02-01-2023
I'll trust the DC who has 2 rings and best arguably one of the best teams of all time to get 1 of those thanks
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:33 PM 02-01-2023
moar blitzes?

[Reply]
Megatron96 10:36 PM 02-01-2023
Oh, and Burrow's run? We had Joe fucking Burrow in space 3 yards past the LOS with Nick Bolton broken down and ready to make the stop for a 4 yard gain on 2nd and 13. And Bolton got juked out of his jock. By Joe Burrow.

THAT'S on Spags??? His job is to dial up plays that put his players in a position to succeed. The play he dialed up put his best tackler in a position to tackle a moderately athletic quarterback in the open field and in so doing keep them way behind the sticks.

What the hell else can you ask for?

It's just an absurd complaint and you've done nothing to support any of it.
Yah, I felt bad for Bolton on that play; he got juked fair and square, but you know it pissed him off that he missed that opportunity.

But in the GDT, Bolton whiffing was barely mentioned; mostly it was just the usual caterwauling about Spags, lol.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:12 AM 02-02-2023
MOAR BLITZES!!!!!
BUT NOT ZONE BLITZES!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:46 AM 02-02-2023
One of the things that I really like about Spagnuolo is that there's really not a SCHEME overall per se. He uses elements of everything and anything. I think they start slow every season because he's trying to figure out what everyone can and can't do while throwing the kitchen sink at 'em.

But what he's done this season, with 6 of his top 12 defenders being rookies, including 3 of his 4 corners, is just unbelievable. That's a recipe for historic disaster! And yet-they survived and all of those early season snaps when they looked a little shaky and blown coverages and stuff-all of that paid off last Sunday, when Watson, Mcduffie, and Williams manned up on Chase, Higgins, and Boyd and not only held their own, but won the damned match-up.

I've said it before, but Spagnuolo was a fucking magician this season.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:07 AM 02-02-2023
Spags is just fine.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Up