ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 340 of 352
« First < 240290330336337338339340 341342343344350 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:02 PM 04-19-2022
He can always come back when he doesn't hear what he wants to hear
[Reply]
Pablo 06:15 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It’s basically once he hires an agent he’s a pro but not before right?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:17 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Correct. There’s also a deadline to withdraw.

I was really curious if the NIL change might keep him around. He’s never been more marketable among KU fans.
[Reply]
DJay23 06:39 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I think there is a new wrinkle to that, that if you hire an NCAA vetted agent, you can come back.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:42 PM 04-19-2022
I would like to see what, if anything, Cam Martin can do as long as we're talking Bigs
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:10 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Won’t complain about any champions going to the draft.

Self definitely needs to hit the transfer portal for a big though. Udeh has a high upside, but he’s really raw. Adams is probably more of a Traylor type energy big. Probably have to pencil in Clemence as the starter for now.
Might be worth following Kofi’s announcement tomorrow afternoon. Lot of smoke out of Illinois right now that he’s considering a transfer to KU. His reps reached out to KU last year about a transfer but that was shot down by Big Dave returning. Something to pay attention to, at least. Would be a huge transfer if he really did leave Illinois.
[Reply]
DJay23 07:48 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Might be worth following Kofi’s announcement tomorrow afternoon. Lot of smoke out of Illinois right now that he’s considering a transfer to KU. His reps reached out to KU last year about a transfer but that was shot down by Big Dave returning. Something to pay attention to, at least. Would be a huge transfer if he really did leave Illinois.
Wow, that would be a HUMONGOUS get!
[Reply]
DJay23 07:50 PM 04-19-2022
I would like to see what, if anything, Cam Martin can do as long as we're talking Bigs
Rumors I've read elsewhere are that he is slow to get his shot and struggles defending Big XII bodies.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:01 PM 04-19-2022
There you go playing games with my heart.

If that happens and Wilson/Braun come back, I’m calling repeat. Mark it down.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:59 PM 04-19-2022
Yeah definitely not playing games. Just a lot of chatter about it at the moment.

I do know for a fact that Kofi’s people reached out directly to the KU staff last year about a transfer. That came directly from a member of the staff in a conversation with me while holding. I think I had mentioned it in a thread last year. That conversation is the only reason I’m giving any credence to the chatter coming out of Illinois today.

Would be an absolute ridiculous steal for us.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:00 PM 04-19-2022
Yeah definitely not playing games. Just a lot of chatter about it at the moment.

I do know for a fact that Kofi’s people reached out directly to the KU staff last year about a transfer. That came directly from a member of the staff in a conversation with me while holding. I think I had mentioned it in a thread last year. That conversation is the only reason I’m giving any credence to the chatter coming out of Illinois today.

Would be an absolute ridiculous steal for us.
Offensively, I can't think of a player who would be more productive in a Bill Self system. It would be as if Bill Self molded him in a lab to play for him.
[Reply]
teedubya 10:04 PM 04-19-2022
Being in New Orleans at the Final Four with my 2 kids was one of my favorite experiences with them. It was unreal watching that come from behind final vs. UNC. Just spectacular.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:08 PM 04-19-2022
And McCormack surely won't hear anything that he wants to hear. Still, that statement of his looked pretty final and you can't end a college career any better than going out on top with a title after a game winning shot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:19 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
And McCormack surely won't hear anything that he wants to hear. Still, that statement of his looked pretty final and you can't end a college career any better than going out on top with a title after a game winning shot.
That’s what I thought too. He really didn’t leave the door open at all.

From an image perspective, it’s a great time to go. Fans will remember him as being way better than he actually was. I just didn’t think that really mattered to the players, but maybe it does.

He won’t get drafted. So it’s either G League, Euro ball, or come back and clean up on NIL money.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That’s what I thought too. He really didn’t leave the door open at all.

From an image perspective, it’s a great time to go. Fans will remember him as being way better than he actually was. I just didn’t think that really mattered to the players, but maybe it does.

He won’t get drafted. So it’s either G League, Euro ball, or come back and clean up on NIL money.
Should be able to find a spot in Europe and make some money there if he wants it. Kaun did and McCormack is at least at that level.
[Reply]
Page 340 of 352
« First < 240290330336337338339340 341342343344350 > Last »
Up