Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:21 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Webull isn't too bad. Nit as many crypto options, but most of the big ones. If you are interested i can give my referral link, we both get a free stock that way.
BWillie has real crypto, WeBull or Robinhood isn’t going to do him any good.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:35 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
CB was the main whale bleeding off the price till show time. When it didn't pump, they dumped. Luckily I noticed the slow downward trend during all the dip traps but it was close. Literally minutes. Whew. I'm out of that shit. All crypto diving right now.
Source? I have a hard time believing that since Coinbase doesn't even offer Doge.
[Reply]
eDave 08:03 AM 05-09-2021
You can be a whale while not owning an exchange at all.

My source is word on the street throughout as I was monitoring closely (756K coins @ $.329). Might be wrong but the traps were too perfect and too consistent for it to be a group of whales.

Cardano is my next play. After this madness calms down. Moved to Ethereum for now. Then it dipped. :-). Should have stored in BTC but ETH I'd so hot right now. As is Cardano.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:59 AM 05-09-2021

My source is word on the street throughout as I was monitoring closely (756K coins @ $.329). Might be wrong but the traps were too perfect and too consistent for it to be a group of whales.

Cardano is my next play. After this madness calms down. Moved to Ethereum for now. Then it dipped. :-). Should have stored in BTC but ETH I'd so hot right now. As is Cardano.
Everything dipped when Doge started falling. Not enough of a dip for me to buy anymore though.

Cardano is up 50% over the last month, ETH is up 86%. Bitcoin is still down but I suspect that won't last for long. The only altcoin I'm considering right now is XLM, if it gets down closer to $.50 again I'll probably take a small position.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:02 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I ****ing hate Coinbase with all my being.
Please educate us noobies.

Why the hate?

Thanks
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:09 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Please educate us noobies.

Why the hate?

Thanks
I was curious too so did some research. I knew their apps weren't the greatest, but other than that it seems like in the past they had terrible customer service. I've never had any issues that caused me the need to contact them so I can't comment on that. A lot of people think their fees are too high but comparing to the other big exchanges they seem about the same to me.

This biggest thing I'm seeing if you read between the lines is people hate them because they're the biggest exchange company and are acting like a bank when it comes to crypto. They will freeze people's accounts when they try to send their bitcoin to shady companies and/or for purchasing illegal items online. In their eyes CB's regulations go against the whole reason crypto became popular in the first place and they shouldn't be dictating where people can or cant spend their money.

I don't use crypto for purchasing anything, just for investing purposes and even if I did I wouldn't be buying anything I'd have to worry about getting in trouble for so this doesn't affect me either.

And then there's a huge vocal presence online that hate them simply because they dont offer Dogecoin yet.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:10 AM 05-09-2021
Considering the strategy of putting $100 each into alts like cardano, chainlink, ixec RLC, Cartesi....and then let them ride until they do something big.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to time dips and tops.

Good idea, dumb idea? THoughts?
[Reply]
eDave 09:14 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I was curious too so did some research. I knew their apps weren't the greatest, but other than that it seems like in the past they had terrible customer service. I've never had any issues that caused me the need to contact them so I can't comment on that. A lot of people think their fees are too high but comparing to the other big exchanges they seem about the same to me.

This biggest thing I'm seeing if you read between the lines is people hate them because they're the biggest exchange company and acting like a bank when it comes to crypto. They will disable people's accounts when they try to send their bitcoin to shady companies for purchasing illegal items online. In their eyes CB's regulations go against the whole reason crypto became popular in the first place.

I don't use crypto for purchasing anything, just for investing purposes and even if I did I wouldn't be buying anything I'd have to worry about getting in trouble for so this doesn't affect me either.
No issues with buying anything with anything.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:21 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Considering the strategy of putting $100 each into alts like cardano, chainlink, ixec RLC, Cartesi....and then let them ride until they do something big.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to time dips and tops.

Good idea, dumb idea? THoughts?
As long as its money you can afford to lose, go for it if you want to take the risk. Personally I'd rather stick to the big two that I know without a doubt will increase over time. If you do go the small amounts in altcoin route I'd add XLM to your list. It passed Litecoin as the 3rd highest trading crypto on Coinbase this week and seems to have a great platform with a lot of buyer support.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:23 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
As long as its money you can afford to lose, go for it if you want to take the risk. Personally I'd rather stick to the big two that I know without a doubt will increase over time. If you do go the small amounts in altcoin route I'd add XLM to your list. It passed Litecoin as the 3rd highest trading crypto on Coinbase this week and seems to have a great platform with a lot of buyer support.
Will jump on XLM.

Thanks!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:28 AM 05-09-2021
In 2017 I bought into xrp pretty big, I used binance and just let it sit and forgot about it. Apparently binance stopped using USA customers so my shit was stuck. Had to download a vpn to make it look like I was in the UK to finally be able to pull my crypto out of it. I took some big gains on xrp and converted it to Bitcoin and moved it over to coinbase. Once in coinbase I switched half of it over to ethereum and plan to just hold those two like a savings account.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:39 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
In 2017 I bought into xrp pretty big, I used binance and just let it sit and forgot about it. Apparently binance stopped using USA customers so my shit was stuck. Had to download a vpn to make it look like I was in the UK to finally be able to pull my crypto out of it. I took some big gains on xrp and converted it to Bitcoin and moved it over to coinbase. Once in coinbase I switched half of it over to ethereum and plan to just hold those two like a savings account.
That is the reason why I went with Coinbase.

Hoped they were big enough to have the firewalls in place.

Wish I would have jumped in during 2017. :-) A lot of my techies were in and have made some serious $$. Jumped in last week and having fun.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:30 AM 05-09-2021

Ppl I trust in poker and crypto have been touting Cardano lately. For what its worth.
[Reply]
Trivers 12:42 PM 05-09-2021
Just spent a fun few hours building a spreadsheet to keep track of the buying and selling transactions and how the portfolio is doing.

Wish there was some way to keep track and monitor dynamically.

Trying to calculate how soon ETH will hit $150K and I can order a Cirrus airplane. :-)
[Reply]
Munson 12:42 PM 05-09-2021
So I've made the decision to finally jump into crypto, but I have a question.

I'm setting up an account on Coinbase, and trying to link my bank account. It's asking me for my bank account log in ID and password, instead of the account number and routing number.

Do all of these crypto sites ask for your log in ID and password to your bank account, or Paypal account?
[Reply]
Page 173 of 261
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223 > Last »
Up