ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2133 of 2688
« First < 1133163320332083212321292130213121322133 21342135213621372143218322332633 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:04 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why? We have a plethora of data indicating it is an extremely low risk, low impact, low probability of injury play. Tom Brady is 44 still QB sneaking it up ppl ass with no problems.

This is just being afraid of monsters under the bed.
Personally, I kind of hope it may be being saved for a playoff game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I'm prob wrong, but body language tips to Mahomes and Hardman not really being tight. I don't think he has much confidence in Hardman actually doing his job.
He's the only guy I've ever seen Mahomes visibly frustrated with - and it happens often.

He just doesn't trust the kid.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:06 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I believe he missed Pringle and Kelce at least once, though there may have been some overlap there.

I mean he was not good for most of that game and it's absolutely fine to point that out. And for one of the few times I've ever seen from him, he looked sped up. He looked a little bit rattled.

But like Andy said in the presser - he's going to just keep firing; he's unique like that.
I think people tend to forget that in the most important game of Patrick's life, he looked average (bordering on below average) for the first 50 minutes. But he's a legend because of those last 10 minutes.

He's always going to make mistakes and look sloppy, but his ability to be clutch when you need him most is so uncanny, you never feel like you're out of the game.

Seriously, I wouldn't have ANY other QB on my time. He's the guy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:07 AM 12-17-2021
I believe he missed Pringle and Kelce at least once, though there may have been some overlap there.

I mean he was not good for most of that game and it's absolutely fine to point that out. And for one of the few times I've ever seen from him, he looked sped up. He looked a little bit rattled.

But like Andy said in the presser - he's going to just keep firing; he's unique like that.
I mean shit, not like Elway never did exactly the same fucking thing.

God, it's just beautiful to witness on our side.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:07 AM 12-17-2021
He's the only guy I've ever seen Mahomes visibly frustrated with - and it happens often.

When you run shitty routes, have no football IQ or a ability to get creative once the play breaks down. You probably wont be a favorite Mahomes target.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:08 AM 12-17-2021
I was so pissed when we left points on the field after that incredible deep ball to Tyreek Hill down the sideline.

I hate seeing a play like that go to waste.

Well...it didn't. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:09 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I mean shit, not like Elway never did exactly the same ****ing thing.

Damn, man. How many bad starts did Peyton have in his first Super Bowl winning playoff run that he remedied because he could kick it into high gear? Hell, every elite QB I can think of has had starts like that. Compare Patrick to a QB like Rodgers, who is known in the GB fandom (maybe just the loud ones) for his "disappearing act" after bad early starts to games.

The thing with Patrick is that he has that gear that few NFL QB's have and that even fewer can do consistently. I just still can't believe that we not only landed our franchise QB, but we landed an NFL QB who is capable of being one of the all time greats.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:11 AM 12-17-2021

Sadly it seems Hardman won't be able to develop like we all hoped. Need to find a legit #3 receiver at some point, hopefully the upcoming offseason. Would be nice to find a legit RB too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:13 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I mean shit, not like Elway never did exactly the same fucking thing.

Oh for sure.

If Elway didn't spend 3 quarters playing like pickled ass half the time, he wouldn't have nearly as many of those vaunted 4th quarter comebacks.

I think Mahomes just gets amped the hell up. He's not the emotionless robot that Brady and Manning were. He's not the sort of cold killer that Rodgers is.

He plays with an insane amount of emotion and sometimes I think it gets the better of him. And again, he's just not as 'polished' in a lot of ways, so when things get out of sync, his 'off' is a little worse than many of the other elites.

But yeah, there's a lot of horseface in Mahomes. He's sort of an evolutionary Elway, right down to the weird gallop run that's just a tick faster than it seems.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:14 AM 12-17-2021
But yeah, there's a lot of horseface in Mahomes. He's sort of an evolutionary Elway, right down to the weird gallop run that's just a tick faster than it seems.
It ****ing kills Broncos fans that this is the comparison they make, too. Even down to Patrick's running.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:15 AM 12-17-2021
I dont know about you but Im pissed off I keep reading Elways name in Patrick Mahomes thread ��
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:15 AM 12-17-2021
If Elway had played today, and for Andy Reid, this is exactly what you get.

Exactly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:16 AM 12-17-2021
Mellinger pointed out how Niang is wide the fuck open on that 2 pt play :-)

Maybe Andy can scheme up a tackle eligible...unbalanced line?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:45 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don't think Mahomes would hit that throw 9/10 times, definitely not this year with how he has struggled at times. It was all the way across the field, not exactly a 5 yard throw. Requires proper execution on both ends. If it wasn't Mahomes messing up the throw, it also could have been a Hardman drop or whatever could go wrong. QB sneak or TE/FB sneak up the middle IMHO.
Totally agree. That and kneeling at the end of the game were the two times I was yelling at Andy.

Why not try a Hail Mary there? We know Chargers like to push their luck and grab our guys. Maybe it gets called this time. Even if Mahomes fumbles or something it's almost never returned for a TD. I don't get why we wouldn't take the chance.

The whole game probably came down to that coinflip. Both defenses were completely gassed.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:46 AM 12-17-2021
Oh for sure.

If Elway didn't spend 3 quarters playing like pickled ass half the time, he wouldn't have nearly as many of those vaunted 4th quarter comebacks.

I think Mahomes just gets amped the hell up. He's not the emotionless robot that Brady and Manning were. He's not the sort of cold killer that Rodgers is.

He plays with an insane amount of emotion and sometimes I think it gets the better of him. And again, he's just not as 'polished' in a lot of ways, so when things get out of sync, his 'off' is a little worse than many of the other elites.

Great post.
[Reply]
Page 2133 of 2688
« First < 1133163320332083212321292130213121322133 21342135213621372143218322332633 > Last »
Up