ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 56
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:05 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I read the Keysor piece. And I know he was really excited about him.

But the guy is a notoriously bad run blocker (and if I recall that wasn't covered in the article in anything more than a snippet) and it's still a transition to go from RT to LT.

And he's more expensive than OBJ (at least surface AAV). And at least we know OBJ was well-liked inside the lockerroom.

As I said, it's a close call. And ultimately if Veach/Reid liked Taylor more than Brown, it's a no-brainer.

I just didn't think the money on their deals would be comparable enough for us to even be having this conversation. I think 90% of us would've been thrilled if we kept OBJ on that deal.
I wouldn’t be happy keeping OBJ for league minimum. Dude can’t protect the blindside. He can only do it with help.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:15 AM 03-16-2023
What a bitch. Fuck him
[Reply]
milkshock 03:17 AM 03-16-2023
Sad we ended up paying more for Taylor but it is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:46 AM 03-16-2023
Well whatever. They can have him. Good luck with that. Our GM knew better at the end if the day and Brown got far less than he wanted.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:49 AM 03-16-2023
Brown is not some great LT. If he was then he wouldn't have been traded and then let walk. Did we do better? Probably. Our GM and coach are better than theirs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:25 AM 03-16-2023
Burrow is going get burrowed into the ground. I bet he misses a few games on account of Orlando Brown Jr.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:32 AM 03-16-2023
Crawler still lying that Brown got Mahones hurt I see :-) Dumbest shit I've seen in years. Good lord...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:33 AM 03-16-2023
Oh...and lulz at getting a lesser deal to protect a Home Alone Kid that will certainly make him look worse as a tackle.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:42 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I don't think it's that good of a deal for the Bengals. Brown is a run blocking LT but Burrow doesn't have near the pocket awareness and escape ability that Patrick Mahomes II has. Therefore he will be a sitting duck with Orlando Brown protecting him. Patrick did more good for Orlando Brown to keep him from giving up so many sacks. If Blake Vangard doesn't see value in bringing back Orlando Brown II then it's not that big of a deal.
Right now Brown is a better RT than Taylor and almost certainly a better LT. Taylor is definitely more athletic so there's a chance he can become a better pass protector than Brown. He will be a much inferior run blocker. To an extent, who cares, it's obviously far less important. But it's not nothing. It came in handy in the SB when we started to run on them.

Veach DID see value in him, certainly last year, and I reckon he'd have taken that deal the Bengals gave him.

It is what it is. I think Veach probably had the right approach, Brown and his agent certainly did not. Bengals have profited which is the annoying part. But we can absolutely come out of this entirely fine, especially if we upgrade at RT now.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:44 AM 03-16-2023
I've kinda calmed on Brown already. He and his agent messed up but there you go. But I despise the Bengals like most of CP despises the Bills. Just hate them. So i hate seeing them sneak this deal like the rats they are.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:45 AM 03-16-2023
Sheesh. Someone or something got under Orlando's skin.

[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:47 AM 03-16-2023
I somehow made it through most of the first page. The amount of people who completely miss the point with NFL contracts, including the guys breaking the news, blows my mind.

Years, APY, all that shit is noise. Structure and actual guarantee (not even the reported guarantees, either, which often aren't ACTUAL guarantees) is all that matters.

Even IF his contract was some kind of discount -- **WHICH IT'S NOT** -- we all know the guy isn't worth it. He's an athletically limited inferior pass protector in a league that only cares about passing.

I just can't get over the stupid. I was gonna give examples but there's too many. Come October, none of yall will have a bad word to say about Taylor while you'll be laughing at OBJ being among the league leaders in pressures given up - again. And Bengals fans at this time next year will be looking at how soon they can get out of this contract.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:49 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Sheesh. Someone or something got under Orlando's skin.

Lol @ the irony of OBJ wearing that shirt like it's rubbing it in to the Bengals for not having any Super Bowls. That's like trolling them without trolling them but it's fucking funny.

Look at me I won a Super Bowl to a Franchise that's never won a Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:07 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Chiefs got a really athletic guy that should transition to the left side and be really good at passpro for years. Bengals improved their left side and opened some options in the draft.

Contracts aside, both teams should be better between the lines.
Correct.

The team that hasn't done shit to improve OL is Buffalo.

Looks like Chiefs-Bengals again in the championship game.
[Reply]
TEX 05:23 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Lol @ the irony of OBJ wearing that shirt like it's rubbing it in to the Bengals for not having any Super Bowls. That's like trolling them without trolling them but it's ****ing funny.

Look at me I won a Super Bowl to a Franchise that's never won a Super Bowl. :-)
Sounds to me like someone trying to prove their worth with words because there are questions due to play on the field.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 56
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up