ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 196
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 KU Football Thread****
Pablo 06:17 PM 09-10-2022
We gotta stop posting in the basketball thread folks.

Let's ROCK CHALK in this bitch!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:26 PM 10-04-2022
Enrollment released. Gay State shed 3% of its losers and KU aka “We are the Champions my friend” were flat.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:32 PM 10-04-2022
He gone.

I mean, c’mon… we went through this already with ol’ Roy.

So enjoy the run.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:25 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
He gone.

I mean, c’mon… we went through this already with ol’ Roy.

So enjoy the run.
Mmmm......yeah.....maybe. But I'm not so sure about that.

Originally Posted by :
"Paul Chryst is a friend," Leipold said. "I've known Paul since probably high school. His late father tried to recruit me. It's a good family, good man and it's just unfortunate that guys who average nine wins a year get let go. But it's part of, I guess, what we've signed up for now these days and it's a changing world in a lot of different ways. And that's unfortunate. It's unfortunate for the locker rooms, and I think we lose that as well.
https://247sports.com/college/kansas...ing-194770558/

I believe LL was on the Frank Solich staff at Nebraska that got let go even though they won a lot of games, if memory serves. I'm just not convinced that he will leave.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Mmmm......yeah.....maybe. But I'm not so sure about that.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...ing-194770558/

I believe LL was on the Frank Solich staff at Nebraska that got let go even though they won a lot of games, if memory serves. I'm just not convinced that he will leave.
He would be a fool to stay at Kansas. I sure as hell wouldn't do it. They don't exactly have great recruiting classes coming in. Selfishly, I hope he stays but its certainly not in his best interest if hes offered the Wisconsin or Nebbie job, especially at his age.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:33 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He would be a fool to stay at Kansas. I sure as hell wouldn't do it. They don't exactly have great recruiting classes coming in. Selfishly, I hope he stays but its certainly not in his best interest if hes offered the Wisconsin or Nebbie job, especially at his age.
As long as Kansas ponies up the money, why would he leave? He has already proven he can have the kind of success that would make him a Kansas football legend.

ETA: It isn't like Nub U or Wisky would allow him to compete for championships. Both schools are also rans in their best years.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:12 AM 10-06-2022
I'd go to Wisconsin for sure if I was him (assuming the money is right). Nebraska football is a joke at this point though. He can do better than that if this KU season continues to go well.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:05 PM 10-06-2022
There are reasons to go and reasons to stay. He's pushing 60, so I don't think his primary goal is to climb the ladder at this point.

Regarding Wisconsin, there's a good chance that he wouldn't achieve enough to satisfy their AD/fanbase. Like Leipold himself mentioned, they're letting go of a guy who averaged 9 wins/yr in the Big 10. Is Leipold guaranteed to do better? Hell no. He might end up on the chopping block in a few years, when he could have been a hero for life at KU.

There's also no reason that KU can't be built into a solid program. Pony up a nice contract and some facility upgrades, and I think there's a good chance he stays.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 PM 10-06-2022
If KU ponies up the cash, he has no reason to leave. Wisconsin, like Nebraska, just doesn't want to embrace the reality of what they really are.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:17 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If KU ponies up the cash, he has no reason to leave. Wisconsin, like Nebraska, just doesn't want to embrace the reality of what they really are.
In terms of job stability, sure. In terms of $ and sustainable high levels of success, I'd say no.

And Nebraska leaving the B12 wasn't the issue. They shouldn't have fired Solich.

Wisconsin also has a better regional recruiting base than Kansas does.

What schools in the Big 12 do you think are more attractive than Wisconsin aside from Oklahoma and Texas given $, amenities, and recruiting region?

I could see the arguments for Oklahoma St. and maybe TCU, but that's it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
In terms of job stability, sure. In terms of $ and sustainable high levels of success, I'd say no.

And Nebraska leaving the B12 wasn't the issue. They shouldn't have fired Solich.

Wisconsin also has a better regional recruiting base than Kansas does.
Define "high levels of success".

Wisconsin expects to be like Ohio State and Michigan year in and year out.

In reality, they're just like Michigan State and Iowa.

There's no way for a coach to be truly successful at Wisconsin because they're expectations are completely out of sync with reality.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:29 PM 10-06-2022
Define "high levels of success".

Wisconsin expects to be like Ohio State and Michigan year in and year out.

In reality, they're just like Michigan State and Iowa.

There's no way for a coach to be truly successful at Wisconsin because they're expectations are completely out of sync with reality.
Historically in the B1G it's been Ohio St. and everyone else. Wisconsin's done as well as everyone else.

I think Wisconsin can compete for NY6 bowls and possibly be a CFP team with the expanded POs. They finished top 12 in the AP 3 times under Chryst.

I don't think Kansas can consistently be a top 12 CFP team barring Leipold building off his current momentum and megaconferences limiting the opportunity for OOC opponents.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:34 PM 10-06-2022
If the money is comparable at Kansas vs Nebraska or Wisconsin, why leave?

The expectations here are pretty much non existent. At either of those two, he’ll be expected to contend at a school that isn’t an actual contender like Ohio State or Michigan. I’d rather coach in a Big 12 without OU or Texas than go fail to meet expectations constantly in the Big 10.

He’s also almost 60, so it’s not like he’s a young up and comer by any stretch.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:36 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If the money is comparable at Kansas vs Nebraska or Wisconsin, why leave?

The expectations here are pretty much non existent. At either of those two, he’ll be expected to contend at a school that isn’t an actual contender like Ohio State or Michigan. I’d rather coach in a Big 12 without OU or Texas than go fail to meet expectations constantly in the Big 10.

He’s also almost 60, so it’s not like he’s a young up and comer by any stretch.
I don't see why he'd leave for Nebraska as easily as to why he'd leave for Wisconsin.

He's from there and had success (albeit D3) as a head coach there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
They finished top 12 in the AP 3 times under Chryst.
And that wasn't enough to save his job. See what I mean?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:41 PM 10-06-2022
And that wasn't enough to save his job. See what I mean?
Not all coaches go in somewhere and are afraid of the expectations.

All of the coaches post-Mangino at Kansas have been fired before or right after the conclusion of 3 seasons. That isn't being patient (and all have them save for Miles who was fired non-performance reasons had horrible records).
[Reply]
Page 76 of 196
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up