ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 192
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:49 PM 08-28-2021
I would rather him be the #1 LT in the NFL and if we have to pay him to be that then its just fine with me. With Mahomes at QB it's probably the second most important position on the team.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:00 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
Let me be perfectly clear on this subject ...

I would rather crash the server than see some enemy DE crash Mahomes' sternum from the blindside.

No regrets.

FAX
Agreed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:04 PM 08-28-2021
Not the least bit worried, anything he can’t clean up on his own can be schemed around… it’s all gonna work out just fine
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:24 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know, this is gonna sound weird, but it might be to our benefit if Brown plays just kinda okay, where the Chiefs know about his tendencies and weaknesses but gameplan around them anyway.

That could mean that he wouldn't demand top 5 OT money and maybe instead be content with top 10 OT money. And the guy is still young, too. He can get better and learn the stuff that we want him to do better as an OT.
He's going to get top 5 OT money unless he's outright awful.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:21 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Not the least bit worried, anything he can’t clean up on his own can be schemed around… it’s all gonna work out just fine
Yep, our running game is going to be next level.

Rush 4- okay we will run it for 6-10 yards. Crowd the line- gut them in the middle of the field with Kelce. Blitz- screen to Clyde. Try to stop the run game- we will burn you deep with Mecole and Reek.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:27 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This.

His pass protection win rate last season was almost identical to Fisher’s, but his run blocking win rate was substantially better.

A threat of a running game will help our OL too. DE’s won’t be able to pin their ears back and go like before.
[Reply]
FAX 09:10 PM 08-28-2021
Okay ...

I understand the enthusiasm (and I share the basic sentiment).

However, upon review, it appears that Brown relied on "reaching" to maintain hand contact as the speed rushers took the edge on him. In other words, he didn't use his feet to recover position and power. Once that happens, an elite DE will either bend to gain an angle to Mahomes or simply use Brown's lack of balance against him and plant him face-first on the turf.

The elite DEs in the league will watch that game and take notice.

FAX
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:28 PM 08-28-2021
Okay ...

However, upon review, it appears that Brown relied on "reaching" to maintain hand contact as the speed rushers took the edge on him. In other words, he didn't use his feet to recover position and power. Once that happens, an elite DE will either bend to gain an angle to Mahomes or simply use Brown's lack of balance against him and plant him face-first on the turf.

FAX
They might be able to get around him once in a while- but they won't be pushing his shit in like having Fisher over there.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:32 PM 08-28-2021
Okay ...

FAX
I brought this same thing up in another thread and was informed I was wrong. Good luck with persuading people with blinders.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 10:42 PM 08-28-2021
By all accounts its only the vertical sets (which Andy favors) that are taking a while for him to get the hang of. He didnt use them often in Baltimore. He'll get it, and become a better player because of it. When he uses different more aggressive sets he's been fantastic.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:15 PM 08-28-2021
We could be talking about whether Fisher will be healthy enough for the opener.

Now we have Zeus!!

Zeus is the god of the sky in ancient Greek mythology. As the chief Greek deity, Zeus is considered the ruler, protector, and father of all gods and humans. Zeus is often depicted as an older man with a beard and is represented by symbols such as the lightning bolt and the eagle. Now he is taking the form of a Left Tackle and playing for the Greatest team in the NFL!
[Reply]
Bump 01:53 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We could be talking about whether Fisher will be healthy enough for the opener.

Now we have Zeus!!

Zeus is the god of the sky in ancient Greek mythology. As the chief Greek deity, Zeus is considered the ruler, protector, and father of all gods and humans. Zeus is often depicted as an older man with a beard and is represented by symbols such as the lightning bolt and the eagle. Now he is taking the form of a Left Tackle and playing for the Greatest team in the NFL!
isn't Kelce Zeus too?

Well that's cool, 2 Zeus's is better than 1 Zeus
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:55 AM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
isn't Kelce Zeus too?

Well that's cool, 2 Zeus's is better than 1 Zeus
Chiefs have OBJ
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:05 AM 08-29-2021

Start at 1:44. Baldy says he blocks two, he actually blocks 3, chipping, blocking, and taking down a blitzer as he's falling.

This dude is going to make up for a lot of slow feet with his giant reach, smarts and power.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:34 AM 08-29-2021
Holy fuck. Brown is fucking people up so far, but some dipsticks feel the need to shit on him? Are you serious? He's going to earn yet another All-Pro berth, but some dumb CPers are going to shade him, in spite of the fact that Mahomes hasn't been sacked from his side yet.

fucking retards.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 192
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164 > Last »
Up