ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 80
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
tredadda 09:55 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They certainly are playing hard for him but I still am firm in the camp that he should be shitcanned.

Having a strong Defensive effort the last 2 games (and a possible bowl game) would go a long way.
Could theirvpoor performance be more a product of a lack of talent vs scheme/DC?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:09 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Could theirvpoor performance be more a product of a lack of talent vs scheme/DC?
With as bad as they were, both.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:36 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yes.

Completely fucking stupid to call for Drink’s firing when he hasn’t even had a chance to get his own classes in here for a few years. You have to give the guy a chance.

Not to mention, they literally have a Top 15 class coming in next year (Mizzou’s highest rated ever). You have got to let him get his guys all in here, get rid of Barry’s leftovers and see what he can do with that serious talent upgrade.

I’m not a big fan of Wilks, but in all fairness, he hasn’t had much to work with. May look a lot smarter when he has some 4 star talent on that side of the ball.

Next few years will tell us a lot about Drink, but he seems to get it with recruiting and understands the importance of keeping the instate talent at home (which Barry never seemed to figure out. Fucking idiot).

Just get one win in the final 2 games and get Badie a bowl game and a ‘showcase’ on his way out. Will be interested to see where he lands in the NFL.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:08 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yes.

Completely ****ing stupid to call for Drink’s firing when he hasn’t even had a chance to get his own classes in here for a few years. You have to give the guy a chance.

Not to mention, they literally have a Top 15 class coming in next year (Mizzou’s highest rated ever). You have got to let him get his guys all in here, get rid of Barry’s leftovers and see what he can do with that serious talent upgrade.

I’m not a big fan of Wilks, but in all fairness, he hasn’t had much to work with. May look a lot smarter when he has some 4 star talent on that side of the ball.

Next few years will tell us a lot about Drink, but he seems to get it with recruiting and understands the importance of keeping the instate talent at home (which Barry never seemed to figure out. ****ing idiot).

Just get one win in the final 2 games and get Badie a bowl game and a ‘showcase’ on his way out. Will be interested to see where he lands in the NFL.
Think he's calling for the DC to be fired.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:49 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It'd be really cool to see Badie reunite with Bolton in KC. However, I think his draft stock has sky rocketed. Chiefs have good RB's and need to spend that draft capital on the defense. I wouldn't even consider drafting a RB with the guys we have. An UDFA would be fine.

Badie has firmly worked his into the day 2 of the draft conversation.
I love Badie, but he’s likely a 4th rounder at best.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:02 AM 11-14-2021
Badie is taking full advantage of the opportunity this year as a feature back for Mizzou. He kind of reminds me a little of Marcus Murphy.

Whether or not he goes Day 2 or Day 3, you gotta love his effort. If not for him there is a pretty good chance Mizzou would be closer to 2-8, than 5-5.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:35 PM 11-14-2021
Missouri opens +10 against Florida.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:30 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I agree.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:54 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Yeah, with his size, he would need to run in the 4.4s to be higher, IMO. I expect he'll run mid 4.5s and end up 4th-5th-6th round.

In the right system, though? I could see him producing like Alvin Kamara-lite.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:57 PM 11-14-2021
I think Badie would excel here if Andy wouldn't insist on running him outside.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:54 PM 11-17-2021
Shit ton of jobs already open and Miami is assuredly going to come open…wouldn’t surprise me if Florida did as well.

I wonder if anyone might come from Drink…not saying the results bear it but there’s zero denying he’s a dynamic recruiter and charismatic bad hell.

A lot of chatter you hear around the already open jobs is recruiting…I wouldn’t be shocked if someone came knocking.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:08 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Shit ton of jobs already open and Miami is assuredly going to come open…wouldn’t surprise me if Florida did as well.

I wonder if anyone might come from Drink…not saying the results bear it but there’s zero denying he’s a dynamic recruiter and charismatic bad hell.

A lot of chatter you hear around the already open jobs is recruiting…I wouldn’t be shocked if someone came knocking.
Drink's been a HC for 3 seasons with average results record wise at Mizzou in 2 seasons so far(last season he overachieved, this season is probably not too far off what realistic expectations should have been).

Might need to pump the breaks a bit on him going for a bigger job. He has to actually coach and develop the recruits he brings in or he'll be someone similar to Butch Jones(who was more proven than Drink was at a Group of 5 School).

For reference, if Drink wins a bowl game this year and beats one of Arkansas and Florida(not both), his win % through 2 years will be 52% and if he loses to one of them it will be 44%. Odom's win % for his first 2 years was 44% for reference and he inherited a much worse situation.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:28 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Drink's been a HC for 3 seasons with average results record wise at Mizzou in 2 seasons so far(last season he overachieved, this season is probably not too far off what realistic expectations should have been).

Might need to pump the breaks a bit on him going for a bigger job. He has to actually coach and develop the recruits he brings in or he'll be someone similar to Butch Jones(who was more proven than Drink was at a Group of 5 School).

For reference, if Drink wins a bowl game this year and beats one of Arkansas and Florida(not both), his win % through 2 years will be 52% and if he loses to one of them it will be 44%. Odom's win % for his first 2 years was 44% for reference and he inherited a much worse situation.
Wrong. Odom had a better situation and fumbled it like a dumbass.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:51 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Wrong. Odom had a better situation and fumbled it like a dumbass.
Do you recall the reason why Odom got the job in the first place?

No one else wanted to come close to touching it given all of the stuff regarding CS1950 and the backlash Pinkel faced for siding with his team.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:59 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Do you recall the reason why Odom got the job in the first place?

No one else wanted to come close to touching it given all of the stuff regarding CS1950 and the backlash Pinkel faced for siding with his team.
Wrong again.

Mack Rhoades was a fucking shitty AD and did less than the bare minimum to fill the role.

CS1950 was mostly a thing to make boomers mad.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 80
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up