ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4383 of 4894
« First < 3383388342834333437343794380438143824383 43844385438643874393443344834883 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:44 AM 09-02-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:46 AM 09-02-2023
I'm not seeing it.

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nfl/new-orleans-saints
[Reply]
PHOG 10:50 AM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
“The Sodfather,” an employee of the Chiefs, was in charge of the field for the Super Bowl. In order to protect a hobbled Mahomes from the Eagles’ ferocious pass rush, Andy Reid asked him to make the field slick and had his team prepped with proper cleats in order to deal with it. After winning the Super Bowl for the Chiefs, the “Sodfather” retired.
You're fucking pathetic. Get lost retard boy.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:58 AM 09-02-2023
I say Mahomes has had an easy division so far and that Payton didn’t always have it easy because he had to deal with the prime Matt Ryan/Julio combo and young Cam Newton. You decide to check the records of the Saints’ divisional opponents from 2006-2010 (Julio and Cam were drafted in 2011) and then prove that Mahomes still had it easier than Payton? :-)
One of the biggest reasons Sean Payton couldn't have success was because he couldn't ever find a DC good enough.

That is continuing today with his pathetic hire of Vance Joseph. Oh and this time no Brees to bail him out.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:33 AM 09-02-2023
“The Sodfather,” an employee of the Chiefs, was in charge of the field for the Super Bowl. In order to protect a hobbled Mahomes from the Eagles’ ferocious pass rush, Andy Reid asked him to make the field slick and had his team prepped with proper cleats in order to deal with it. After winning the Super Bowl for the Chiefs, the “Sodfather” retired.
First of all, Toma is a former Chiefs employee. He was working for the league, not the Chiefs. And even then, it was only as a consultant at SB LVII. Also, he was pissed about how the groundskeeper in charge didn't do it right despite his advice. Here are the facts. They don't match your lies

In recent years, he has taken on an emeritus role, and he served as a consultant to Mangan ahead of this year's game, in which the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Philadelphia Eagles.

The field setup at the site of this year's Super Bowl is one of the most unique in sports. Arizona's State Farm Stadium is a dome with a retractable tray that contains the natural grass field. Groundskeepers are able to roll the field outside the stadium for sunlight exposure as they see fit.

Per Toma, Mangan watered the field in the days leading up to the Super Bowl, then rolled it directly back into the stadium without extended sun exposure to dry it. He told ESPN that the field then "had a rotten smell" after a tarp was laid on it to protect it from halftime and pregame show rehearsals.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:56 AM 09-02-2023
I’ll give you credit. This made me chuckle out loud. Assuming you were going for that, that is.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 PM 09-02-2023
Doesn't Denver have a cheap early season pile high advantage no other team has making even god awful Bronco teams having inflated records and "cheap" division and seeding advantages over the years? Seems like a bigger deal than a "sodfather".

Also you don't even make Superfarce 50 and have that playoff pile high advantage without absolutely corrupt officiating allowing Denver to take that week 2 game at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:11 PM 09-02-2023
:-) The funniest part is I'm pretty sure he actually believes this.
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:23 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
:-) The funniest part is I'm pretty sure he actually believes this.
I'm fairly certain his is nothing but a parody account, but I still can't help but to take the bait occasionally....I've neg repped it more than any other profile on the site, but somehow it stays green
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:25 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
I'm fairly certain his is nothing but a parody account, but I still can't help but to take the bait occasionally....I've neg repped it more than any other profile on the site, but somehow it stays green
I've said the same. No way anyone is drinking that much kool-aid
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:27 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I've said the same. No way anyone is drinking that much kool-aid
If they were though, I'm hoping Jim Jones serves it
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:51 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
If they were though, I'm hoping Jim Jones serves it
Omg!! Yes please!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:04 PM 09-02-2023

Dungver signed our old trash, Ben Nieman to their PS. I didn’t realize he played for VaJona last year in AZ. The Chiefsification of the Dungkeys continues…. Except it’s the worst players and castoffs. They should sign Dirty Dan next!
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 02:00 PM 09-02-2023
Ed Mangan was in charge of the Super Bowl field, not George Toma. Toma warned him he was doing a terrible job but Mangan ignored him. Toma resigned in protest.

Even if he wanted to sabotage the field, Toma didn't have the power to do what you are describing.

Originally Posted by :
George Toma, the longtime groundskeeper who prepared and then advised the preparation of every Super Bowl field, believes the issues that plagued the field at Super Bowl LVII at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, could have been avoided.

The 94-year-old told ESPN that he believes the field was overwatered in the days leading up to the game. According to Toma, who has been nicknamed The Sodfather, the field was watered the Wednesday morning before the game and promptly rolled into the stadium on the moveable tray that housed the grass field for the last time before kickoff four days later.

Toma contended that the field should've been watered in the morning and kept outside to dry before being rolled in.

"So, what he does," Toma said, referring to Ed Mangan, the NFL field director who was in charge of the Super Bowl field and worked under Toma for years, "he waters the hell out of it and puts it right into the stadium and that's it. Never sees sunlight again. He can't do that."

A tarp was laid over the field to protect it from the rehearsals for the pregame, halftime and postgame shows, Toma said, and that led to the field emitting an odor. Toma said he was told during the week that the field was starting to decay and rot.

"It had a rotten smell," he said.

Toma also alleged that Mangan did not sand the field enough.

"He sanded it two weeks too late," Toma said. "He had only one sanding. He should have had two or three sandings, but he didn't do shit. And that was it. And not only that, he didn't take care of it. He wouldn't listen to anybody."

"Me and the league are finished," Toma said. "They can't tell me what to do anymore. We're done."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...as-overwatered
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:15 PM 09-02-2023
Joe forgets all about the Pam cooking spray jerseys eh?
[Reply]
Page 4383 of 4894
« First < 3383388342834333437343794380438143824383 43844385438643874393443344834883 > Last »
Up