ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 619 of 1209
« First < 119519569609615616617618619 6206216226236296697191119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:13 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
To mix the medium with the medium rare and the wife likes when I cut the steak for her. Wasn't going for fancy, more of a practice pic.

You successfully posted. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:16 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
People gonna harass me about skin-up fish, but pieces of meat cut up for 6-year-old is OK.
If I'm eating in front of the TV, I cut it all in the kitchen. Hell when we do our stand-up dinners I cut a'la hibachi restaurant for all. About the only time I cut my steak as I'm eating dinner is when we're sitting at the table. And my wife is a teacher, we only see the table when company is coming over...
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:24 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Modser:
It's Taco Tuesday, you smelly farts. Don't act like you're not going out to inhale tacos and drown in pitchers of margaritas.
No ritas but I had Taco Truck.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:57 PM 09-05-2017
You successfully posted. :-)

As soon as Barrett Jackson gets his driving license /posting privileges, I'm sure we are all fucking toast with that awesomeness.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:19 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by tooge:
just want to add a bit more smoke than I get from straight charcoal briquettes
I have chunks or red oak that I grill over, I also use them for smoke along with sweet fruitwoods
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:27 PM 09-05-2017
I was just chatting with a guy who has, in the past, worked for M&S Grill/McCormick & Schmick's, and he mentioned that a thin coat of Dijon mustard might make a better bonding agent than soy sauce on those beef ribs.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
threebag 09:49 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I was just chatting with a guy who has, in the past, worked for M&S Grill/McCormick & Schmick's, and he mentioned that a thin coat of Dijon mustard might make a better bonding agent than soy sauce on those beef ribs.

Bingo on the mustard
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:54 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Bingo on the mustard
I've used mustard on pork ribs for 20+ years, but this Dijon twist seems interesting. Because it's thicker, or the spice? It's not like we're not going to load it up with rub... So maybe I should buy TWO racks, and see his there a difference... Perhaps three racks, Soy Sauce, Dijon, and regular mustard...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:24 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
As soon as Barrett Jackson gets his driving license /posting privileges, I'm sure we are all ****ing toast with that awesomeness.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:28 PM 09-05-2017

Yellow cheap as it comes mustard!! It's not for taste it.s for making a slather of the rub. Pat meat dry cover with liberal but not copious amounts of mustard and cover with dry rub. When it is wet roll it over and do the other side, But not the fat cap.

I use mayo on pork loins to keep moist.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:32 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Yellow cheap as it comes mustard!! It's not for taste it.s for making a slather of the rub. Pat meat dry cover with liberal but not copious amounts of mustard and cover with dry rub. When it is wet roll it over and do the other side, But not the fat cap.

I use mayo on pork loins to keep moist.
Mayo is magic..
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:21 AM 09-06-2017

That's entirely valid, but it comes down to personal taste.

The guy in the film even specifically mentioned the particular reasons he chose soy as a thinner binder with a strong umami.

Just make sure that's the flavor you're after. I'm not a particularly picky eater, but vinegar/mustard is not my favorite pairing with beef or pork. If I want that sharpness, I'll go straight to peppers for the heat.

It's not as bad as lemon-pepper in that regard [sharp/sour], just something you want to be judicious with.

Also, regardless of your choice of binder, keep mindful of how it coordinates with your rub. The two should enhance each other, not counteract.

As coop mentioned, mayo is a good neutral choice if your main aim is to highlight the flavors of the rub itself.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:15 AM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That's entirely valid, but it comes down to personal taste.

The guy in the film even specifically mentioned the particular reasons he chose soy as a thinner binder with a strong umami.

Just make sure that's the flavor you're after. I'm not a particularly picky eater, but vinegar/mustard is not my favorite pairing with beef or pork. If I want that sharpness, I'll go straight to peppers for the heat.

It's not as bad as lemon-pepper in that regard [sharp/sour], just something you want to be judicious with.

Also, regardless of your choice of binder, keep mindful of how it coordinates with your rub. The two should enhance each other, not counteract.

As coop mentioned, mayo is a good neutral choice if your main aim is to highlight the flavors of the rub itself.
You're a saint amongst sinners...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:24 AM 09-06-2017
I've not found that a thin layer of mustard to help a rub bind and crust has any noticeable flavor.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:43 AM 09-06-2017
I've not found that a thin layer of mustard to help a rub bind and crust has any noticeable flavor.
I've been using regular mustard on port ribs forever, and I've always thought it both helped with the binding and helped to tenderize the ribs. Whatever I'm doing I'm doing something right, they're awesome.
[Reply]
Page 619 of 1209
« First < 119519569609615616617618619 6206216226236296697191119 > Last »
Up