ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 370 of 382
« First < 270320360366367368369370 371372373374380 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kstater 03:44 PM 07-21-2023
Had a Confluence IPA at dinner last night that was pretty good.

At 515 Brewing this afternoon. Their Quad is pretty good, and have a black IPA that has rye in it that is right up my alley.

Iowa taproom for dinner tonight

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:52 PM 07-21-2023
Got to stop by American Solera last week and have some good beers. Picked up a bottle of Dads Making Breakfast. A 13% stout barrel aged with coffee maple syrup and vanilla. Its tasty Ive had it before. Going to try to save it for KC's first victory week 1.

They also had a Dino variation on tap that was really good.
[Reply]
kstater 06:13 PM 07-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Damn, they have a TG Lemon Meringue Fandango on tap, that's probably amazing.
It did not suck.

[Reply]
kstater 06:15 PM 07-21-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
It did not suck.

That and Barn Town Brewing Hawaiiowan Punch have been highlights of a good beer day.

[Reply]
Shag 09:27 PM 07-21-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
2022 Assassin is on at El Bait Shop in Des Moines
EBS is a fantastic beer bar, I hit it up whenever I visit my family in DSM. I think they're over 250 beers on tap at this point - it's ridiculous. It's also attached to the High Life Lounge, which is like stepping back in time - definitely worth a visit. At minimum, order the bacon wrapped tots while sipping beers at EBS.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:07 PM 07-29-2023
A banana barleywine from OHSO.... definitely some barleywine in there, a good amount of bananas, and getting better as it warms a bit. Another fantastic heavy hitter.

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:16 PM 08-05-2023
Its been a minute since I've gone full smoothie sour as I've mostly fatigued on them. Being 1000 degrees out and seeing we got a drop from smoothie sour hype kings 450 North, one sounded kind of good

This one is peach and marshmallow

Feel I'm good on these for maybe forever

[Reply]
Womble 02:29 PM 08-05-2023
Not often that you pop into beer shop in London and see a load of decent US craft beer. Got a few cans of Trillium which I'm going to enjoy tonight.

[Reply]
scho63 12:08 AM 08-06-2023
A banana barleywine from OHSO.... definitely some barleywine in there, a good amount of bananas, and getting better as it warms a bit. Another fantastic heavy hitter.

I almost stopped in on the North Scottsdale location this afternoon but decided I wanted Sicilian pizza more so I went to NYPD pizza instead just a short drive away.

Their beer list didn't look so adventurous since they are focusing on sub 6% ABV beverages in this heat. I did see Lost Viking Nitro, which I like.
[Reply]
scho63 06:40 AM 08-06-2023
I had two ice cold Sam Adams Summer Ale drafts and it may be the best summertime beer I ever had. So light and crisp with just a very small subtle lemon / tart bite.

Used to drink a lot of Sam Adams in the late 80's and not sure why I moved off of it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:41 PM 08-07-2023

Goose Island Unveils 2023 Lineup of Renowned Bourbon County Stouts, Featuring 1st Cask Finish, Rice, Bananas and More

Originally Posted by :
2023 Bourbon County Brand Eagle Rare 2-Year Reserve Stout
The beer of the bunch most likely to excited bourbon enthusiasts, this stout was aged for two years in barrels that formerly contained Eagle Rare 10 Year Old — a beloved bourbon produced by Buffalo Trace. Goose Island describes this beer as “an incredibly complex and boldly rich stout that celebrates the essence of American brewing at its finest.”

2023 Bourbon County Brand Angel’s Envy 2-Year Cask Finish Stout
A milestone for Bourbon County, this is Goose Island’s first “Cask Finish” stout. In the spirits world, cask finishing refers to the process of aging a spirit in a second barrel after its initial maturation. This period spent in a second barrel is called a “finish.”

Goose Island says its first cask finish was inspired by Louisville, Kentucky distillery Angel’s Envy. After a year in Angel’s Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon barrels, this stout was transferred to a Ruby Port Wine barrels, where it was aged for another year.

According to Goose Island, the finishing process “refined and amplified” flavors of cherry, spice and cocoa in the stout.

2023 Bourbon County Brand Bananas Foster Stout
The Bourbon County Bananas Foster Stout was first introduced to the lineup in 2017 as a member of the brand’s Proprietor’s Stout series, which is a subgenre within the Bourbon County lineup that the brand says it creates “for Chicago.”

Returning for 2023, this stout is made with banana, three different types of almonds and cassia bark.

2023 Bourbon County Brand Backyard Stout
Goose Island released “Backyard Rye” in 2013, made with mulberries hand-picked by senior innovation manager Mike Siegel. Ten years later, this stout returns (minus the rye aspect; the 2013 version was aged in rye whiskey barrels) as Goose Island says it was “feeling nostalgic.”

This year’s edition is aged in bourbon barrels for at least a year and then finished and blended with mulberries, boysenberries and marionberries.

2023 Bourbon County Brand Proprietor’s Stout
This year’s version of the aforementioned Proprietor’s Stout is inspired by rice pudding. Made with cassia bark, raisins, brown sugar and toasted rice, this stout is the first Goose Island has ever made using rice as an ingredient.

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:47 PM 08-07-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
I had two ice cold Sam Adams Summer Ale drafts and it may be the best summertime beer I ever had. So light and crisp with just a very small subtle lemon / tart bite.

Used to drink a lot of Sam Adams in the late 80's and not sure why I moved off of it.
I drank a decent amount of Sam Adams when I first got into craft beer. For some reason, never really liked the original, but liked the Cherry Wheat (and would mix it chocolate beers), they had a solid Cream Ale, and a really good imperial stout years ago. One called Black and Brew, IIRC. Also had a pumpkin ale that as okay and an IPA, IIRC.

They also did a homebrew contest at one point and some of those were excellent. I remember one that wasn't though, that I described as having just a hint of vomit. :-)

And on top of that, bought one of their expensive Utopias years ago as a "check the box" kind of thing.... and while it's probably not worth $200, it was like drinking a beer port, and was really good.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:56 PM 08-07-2023

Goose Island Unveils 2023 Lineup of Renowned Bourbon County Stouts, Featuring 1st Cask Finish, Rice, Bananas and More
I thought of you when I saw the Bananas Foster variant this morning
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:02 PM 08-07-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I thought of you when I saw the Bananas Foster variant this morning
:-)

Hopefully that one is easier to find (reads like it will be). The Angel's Envy stout is interesting as well, since it's actually finished in port barrels.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:04 PM 08-07-2023
:-)

Hopefully that one is easier to find (reads like it will be). The Angel's Envy stout is interesting as well, since it's actually finished in port barrels.
Yeah I'm definitely in on Reg, Reserve and the Cask finish
[Reply]
Page 370 of 382
« First < 270320360366367368369370 371372373374380 > Last »
Up