ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3776 of 3903
« First < 2776327636763726376637723773377437753776 3777377837793780378638263876 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:53 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The year of therapeutics that make the right people $$$$.
Nothing wrong with them making some money if they developed it.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
While the early flu comparisons weren't particularly accurate, it does seem like that's the trajectory this thing is on in the long run. I'll be endemic. There will probably be annual vaccines. But between those and therapeutics, hopefully it'll get it down to the level that we can collectively live with.
I really hope so. Very tired of Covid
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:00 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Makes sense. Low dose ritonavir is given with several other protease inhibitors because it inhibits CYP 3A4, which is the most common cytochrome P450 enzyme for drug metabolism in humans. It's not really given because it's a protease inhibitor, but because of its enzyme inhibition.

By slowing the metabolism of the drug, you are able to increase the effective dose because it isn't cleared from the body as quickly.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:06 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Makes sense. Low dose ritonavir is given with several other protease inhibitors because it inhibits CYP 3A4, which is the most common cytochrome P450 enzyme for drug metabolism in humans. It's not really given because it's a protease inhibitor, but because of its enzyme inhibition.

By slowing the metabolism of the drug, you are able to increase the effective dose because it isn't cleared from the body as quickly.
This is exactly what I was thinking......
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:15 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Nothing wrong with them making some money if they developed it.

I really hope so. Very tired of Covid
I can't imagine the crazy people are going to take this either. I assume this has microchips or whatever in it as well.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:10 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I can't imagine the crazy people are going to take this either. I assume this has microchips or whatever in it as well.
If it works, I imagine they will find a reason not to take it.

Or rather the places that they get their news from will provide them reasons not to take it.

Which is all rather sad as far as the suffering the disease has caused.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:19 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
That guy looks like he smells like stale beer and cabbage.
Russell brand used to annoy me. But lately, I've been watching these and he's been making a lot of sense, IMO. My main point of posting this one is starting at 9:00, you see all the news shows brought to you by Phizer. I realize that a lot of people want to live in their happy world and ignore the realities of this kind of stuff (not saying you, specifically). Still, the implications are worth considering, IMO.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:32 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Russell brand used to annoy me. But lately, I've been watching these and he's been making a lot of sense, IMO. My main point of posting this one is starting at 9:00, you see all the news shows brought to you by Phizer. I realize that a lot of people want to live in their happy world and ignore the realities of this kind of stuff (not saying you, specifically). Still, the implications are worth considering, IMO.
The US, along with New Zealand, is one of two companies that allows for pharmaceutical companies to advertise on television with little restriction. If Brand wants to criticize that, that's fine. Where his argument falls apart is that regardless of the advertising, there is an avalanche of clinical data out there that shows the efficacy of all major manufacturers of COVID vaccines, as well as monoclonal antibodies, which significantly decrease morbidity and mortality.

He has no training in the evaluation of evidence-based practices, neither does Joe Rogan, and no amount of media criticism is going to replace that.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:00 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If it works, I imagine they will find a reason not to take it.

Or rather the places that they get their news from will provide them reasons not to take it.

Which is all rather sad as far as the suffering the disease has caused.
So we are whining about people not taking it even though nobody has said they aren't taking it yet? :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 05:54 PM 11-06-2021
For a random data point on side effects, I got the Moderna booster yesterday and barely feel anything at all (other than the sore arm). The original J&J kicked my ass, so nice to not have to do that again.
[Reply]
TLO 05:55 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For a random data point on side effects, I got the Moderna booster yesterday and barely feel anything at all (other than the sore arm). The original J&J kicked my ass, so nice to not have to do that again.
Interesting
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:28 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The US, along with New Zealand, is one of two companies that allows for pharmaceutical companies to advertise on television with little restriction. If Brand wants to criticize that, that's fine. Where his argument falls apart is that regardless of the advertising, there is an avalanche of clinical data out there that shows the efficacy of all major manufacturers of COVID vaccines, as well as monoclonal antibodies, which significantly decrease morbidity and mortality.

He has no training in the evaluation of evidence-based practices, neither does Joe Rogan, and no amount of media criticism is going to replace that.
I'd bet 100 to 1 that all the people spreading conspiracies about Pfizer will take the new Pfizer Covid pill no questions asked if they get sick.

Sometimes I wonder how much of all of this comes down to being scared of needles. If the vaxx was a pill - would the level of pushback be the same?

Or it's more like, "I don't need a vaccine. I will never get sick. ... Oh shit I'm sick, doc please give me everything you've got."
[Reply]
loochy 09:36 PM 11-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'd bet 100 to 1 that all the people spreading conspiracies about Pfizer will take the new Pfizer Covid pill no questions asked if they get sick.

Sometimes I wonder how much of all of this comes down to being scared of needles. If the vaxx was a pill - would the level of pushback be the same?

Or it's more like, "I don't need a vaccine. I will never get sick. ... Oh shit I'm sick, doc please give me everything you've got."
No, all of this comes down to oppositional defiance.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:41 AM 11-09-2021
https://www.kwtx.com/2021/11/08/stat...ths-this-year/

Originally Posted by :
State health officials also found the vaccine greatly reduced the risk of virus transmission, including the highly contagious delta variant that ravaged the state over the summer.

Only 3% of 1.5 million positive COVID-19 tests examined since mid-January occurred in people who were already vaccinated.

[Reply]
kstater 08:44 AM 11-09-2021
Pfft, I trust the Aaron Rodgers of the world's resurch more.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:58 AM 11-09-2021
Any particular reason not to trust the Texas state health department?
[Reply]
Page 3776 of 3903
« First < 2776327636763726376637723773377437753776 3777377837793780378638263876 > Last »
Up