ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 85
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
TNTEICHER 09:39 AM 04-29-2024
10 plus years ago I would have been pissed about a pick like this. Stick figures didn't last long in the league. Since the physicality has been taken out of the game I'm good with this pick. Just hope a safety doesn't get a clean hit on him.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:42 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
10 plus years ago I would have been pissed about a pick like this. Stick figures didn't last long in the league. Since the physicality has been taken out of the game I'm good with this pick. Just hope a safety doesn't get a clean hit on him.
He *can* take a hit ya know lol...
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 09:46 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He *can* take a hit ya know lol...
On the plus side - he might disappear if a hitter tries to see him from the side. Harder to hit if you can't see him.
[Reply]
xztop123 09:57 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
We did this pick 10 years ago. Dexter mccluster
[Reply]
staylor26 10:06 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:
God damn you're stupid.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:10 AM 04-29-2024
Yeah if you subtract 5 inches of height they're totally the same guy :-)
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:18 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah if you subtract 5 inches of height they're totally the same guy :-)
And ran a 4.53
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:19 AM 04-29-2024
This is bait.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:20 AM 04-29-2024
With a year of experience with Hollywood (I think he is his replacement), he will be even better.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm speaking more to the assumption that he's a gadget guy that can't run routes, track the ball, etc.

Sure, he's a very unique talent with his size, so you absolutely have to have a plan/role specifically for him, but I think not having one is more of an indictment on the coach than anything.

All of these young offensive minds like McDaniels, McVay, Shanaham, Slowik, Johnston, etc. would all know exactly how to use him too.
Yeah, that stuff is ridiculous, annoying, and a clear indication someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

Keysor pointed out on Twitter and in his breakdown of Worthy that he does the same things as a route-runner that Ladd McConkey does, he just doesn't get attention for it because he ran a 4.21 40 at the Combine.

My favorite is when Chiefs fans are like "Great, another Mecole Hardman." Dude isn't anything like him, and all it takes is watching him track one deep shot to realize that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, that stuff is ridiculous, annoying, and a clear indication someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

Keysor pointed out on Twitter and in his breakdown of Worthy that he does the same things as a route-runner that Ladd McConkey does, he just doesn't get attention for it because he ran a 4.21 40 at the Combine.

My favorite is when Chiefs fans are like "Great, another Mecole Hardman." Dude isn't anything like him, and all it takes is watching him track one deep shot to realize that.
Yeah - the DeSean Jackson comps feel lazy but they're awfully apt. I just can't come up with a better one.
[Reply]
xztop123 10:38 AM 04-29-2024
I keep seeing wildly different heights listed for him but in the videos of him meeting Reid he Looks well over 6 ft rather than his listed 5’11
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 AM 04-29-2024
I keep seeing wildly different heights listed for him but in the videos of him meeting Reid he Looks well over 6 ft rather than his listed 5’11
Measured at 5'11" at the combine.

Doesn't get much more legitimate than that.

But with good body control and an insane vertical, his catch radius should be pretty good. The issue is that he's not going to fight through contact for much. So that catch radius isn't likely to be put to a ton of use unless Mahomes just misfires on a ball into space.

He's not a guy you wanna send it high and let him fly for on a crosser in the red zone, for instance. He'll die. And frankly a DB could just wall him off entirely too easily.

But if you see him with a step on a guy but a safety shaded to where he's directed, you could elevate it a bit, get it over his DB and let him use his explosion and body control to stop and go up and get it instead of sending him towards traffic. We saw Tyreek do that on occasion. We do it with Kelce quite a bit still.

His height is largely a non issue, good or bad really.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:04 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Measured at 5'11" at the combine.

Doesn't get much more legitimate than that.

But with good body control and an insane vertical, his catch radius should be pretty good. The issue is that he's not going to fight through contact for much. So that catch radius isn't likely to be put to a ton of use unless Mahomes just misfires on a ball into space.

He's not a guy you wanna send it high and let him fly for on a crosser in the red zone, for instance. He'll die. And frankly a DB could just wall him off entirely too easily.

But if you see him with a step on a guy but a safety shaded to where he's directed, you could elevate it a bit, get it over his DB and let him use his explosion and body control to stop and go up and get it instead of sending him towards traffic. We saw Tyreek do that on occasion. We do it with Kelce quite a bit still.

His height is largely a non issue, good or bad really.
ESPN had him listed at 6'1" lol, but yeah Combine numbers are probably legit. A McCluster comp is insane though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
ESPN had him listed at 6'1" lol, but yeah Combine numbers are probably legit. A McCluster comp is insane though.
The perceived speed vs. the real speed of McCluster will always be funny to me.

Folks talking like he had afterburners and was some deep threat when he was a 4.5 guy who'd get caught from behind by linebackers.

I mean if you wanted to try to argue he was De'Anthony Thomas I'd listen - skeptically, but at least I'd listen.

But McCluster? That's just laughably stupid.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 85
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up