ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2294 of 2694
« First < 1294179421942244228422902291229222932294 2295229622972298230423442394 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bowser 07:42 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The uncomfortable reality...

Did James Palmer put out an updated tweet after yesterday's game, by chance?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:35 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Look at that pocket.
It's ironic that we scored 44, because that's the exact amount of loads I've blown since the game ended yesterday thinking about how unstoppable Mahomes is when he gets pockets like the o-line gave him yesterday.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It also needs to be said that on that specific play, Andrew Wylie completely shut down Nick Bosa. I know that wasn't the case the whole game, but on the back breaking TD, Wylie handled Bosa when he had to.
He got away with a pretty blatant illegal hands to the face, though.

You rock a DE's head back like that and you'll get called for it 9 times out of 10. Especially when you're Andrew Wylie and he's Nick Bosa.

I feel like Wylie's gotten dinged for that 2-3 times already this year. He's gotta be more careful with those hands. I know it's a dogfight for him because he's giving up an athletic advantage on pretty much every rep, but man - you can't take points off the board because you missed your punch.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:48 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

You rock a DE's head back like that and you'll get called for it 9 times out of 10. Especially when you're Andrew Wylie and he's Nick Bosa.

I feel like Wylie's gotten dinged for that 2-3 times already this year. He's gotta be more careful with those hands. I know it's a dogfight for him because he's giving up an athletic advantage on pretty much every rep, but man - you can't take points off the board because you missed your punch.
True, but man it's good to see him gutting it up and fighting for it. It doesn't hurt that Smith is coming out of whatever injury issues were bothering him early on. This line has potential to be very good as a unit. They were very good in spurts last year. Tackles are the weak spot but they both played well yesterday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
True, but man it's good to see him gutting it up and fighting for it. It doesn't hurt that Smith is coming out of whatever injury issues were bothering him early on. This line has potential to be very good as a unit. They were very good in spurts last year. Tackles are the weak spot but they both played well yesterday.
Wylie, as much as any OL we've had in a long time, NEEDS a competent runningmate.

Because Wylie is self-made, man. He's a battler and a grinder and a hell of a story. He doesn't quit on reps and he doesn't take plays off. He rarely just mentally vapor locks either.

He's just a physically limited player. He doesn't have great feet. He's not exceptionally powerful. He's a guy that's going to be fighting uphill on virtually every snap.

Smith being someone he can count on inside is paramount, especially if he also gets a little help on the outside from a chip here and there.

You give him that and he's going to give you a yeoman's effort out there. Nothing spectacular, but he can get the job done. But he NEEDS Trey Smith playing to the level he was playing at last year.

It's just a new normal that we have to get used to. We don't have Mitchell Schwartz out there playing at a legit HoF level. We don't have an athletic technician like Fisher at LT. We're gonna have get more complementary OL play and at times, uglier OL play.

And as fans we're gonna have to accept that. Because this is how most of the world lives, fellas. Loooooots of teams have worse OLs than we have.
[Reply]
digger 11:33 AM 10-25-2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 10-25-2022
Wylie, as much as any OL we've had in a long time, NEEDS a competent runningmate.

Because Wylie is self-made, man. He's a battler and a grinder and a hell of a story. He doesn't quit on reps and he doesn't take plays off. He rarely just mentally vapor locks either.

He's just a physically limited player. He doesn't have great feet. He's not exceptionally powerful. He's a guy that's going to be fighting uphill on virtually every snap.

Smith being someone he can count on inside is paramount, especially if he also gets a little help on the outside from a chip here and there.

You give him that and he's going to give you a yeoman's effort out there. Nothing spectacular, but he can get the job done. But he NEEDS Trey Smith playing to the level he was playing at last year.

It's just a new normal that we have to get used to. We don't have Mitchell Schwartz out there playing at a legit HoF level. We don't have an athletic technician like Fisher at LT. We're gonna have get more complementary OL play and at times, uglier OL play.

And as fans we're gonna have to accept that. Because this is how most of the world lives, fellas. Loooooots of teams have worse OLs than we have.
Like at least 20 probably.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 10-25-2022
It'll probably help when Blake Bell comes back.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:38 PM 10-25-2022

Patrick Mahomes has a 13-9 record when his team trails by 10+ points. These are the numbers in those game - starting when his team trails by 10. It’s 13.6 games worth of playing time

66%, 5,670 yds, 53 TD, 11 Int -
112.88 rating

Also 462 rush yds & 2 TD

In 13.6 games - ����

— Jason Anderson (@J810Anderson) October 25, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:42 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
-King- 03:43 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
God damn. That's literally just stupid.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:44 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:57 PM 10-25-2022

If I'm thinking of the play that you're talking about here, I think I remember that Bosa deflected Wylie's hand upwards, which is how he ended up grabbing Bosa's facemask.

But he's also been dinged for that at least one or two other times in other games, so your point still stands, he needs to try to keep his hands lower.

Not a fan of Wylie being our RT or any OT, but he has played fairly well all things considered, as I've said a few times this season. Of course, Andy scheming things to help him out has been a big factor as well. Thank God we have Andy.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:06 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If I'm thinking of the play that you're talking about here, I think I remember that Bosa deflected Wylie's hand upwards, which is how he ended up grabbing Bosa's facemask.

But he's also been dinged for that at least one or two other times in other games, so your point still stands, he needs to try to keep his hands lower.

Not a fan of Wylie being our RT or any OT, but he has played fairly well all things considered, as I've said a few times this season. Of course, Andy scheming things to help him out has been a big factor as well. Thank God we have Andy.

Didn’t he get called for it earlier in THIS game?

[Reply]
-King- 05:03 PM 10-25-2022
Route concepts and that little pump fake confused the fuck out of them

[Reply]
Page 2294 of 2694
« First < 1294179421942244228422902291229222932294 2295229622972298230423442394 > Last »
Up