[Reply]
TLO 01:44 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
How old is that young girl?
????
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:12 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the analytics say to slide after gaining the 1st down, but I agree. It was an emphatic end to our suffering.. that and the Fuller INT, I suppose, though the game was all but over at that point.
We wouldn’t have known it at the time, but we would have been robbed of Mitch’s call of the Super Bowl had Damien slid. Even Harlan was speechless after that run, but Mitch was ready and rose to the occasion with his “Damien Williams runs his way to immortality” quip. It wouldn’t surprise me if Mitch had written that call in 2003 for a potential Priest Holmes TD in the Super Bowl and then saved it in case a moment like that ever earned it. The call could not have been better for the moment.

I think it's easy for commentators to get so caught up in the moment that they forget that their calls will be immortalized forever. I was pretty underwhelmed by Ryan's call of the Royals winning the World Series (literally "It's OVER. It's DONE"). I actually didn't mind Joe Buck's call of the Royals World Series (Overall, I think he takes a bit of a bad rap. His call of Game 6 in the 2011 World Series still gives me chills as a Royals fan), but I was underwhelmed by his call at the end of the SB (I don't think him and Aikman are a good pairing). So it was poetic to have Mitch Holthus, the undying homer of the Chiefs who has called every game since the 90's with Patrick Mahomes level enthusiasm, to fully understand the significance of the moment and make a pitch-perfect call that captured the exhilaration and catharsis of our entire fandom.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:41 PM 07-17-2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:22 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Why is the closed captioning on?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the analytics say to slide after gaining the 1st down, but I agree. It was an emphatic end to our suffering.. that and the Fuller INT, I suppose, though the game was all but over at that point.
I realized the safety was going to be late getting there and we were going to get the 1st down. He broke through, got excited and then freaked out as I watched him switch the football to another hand for no reason. What if he had fumbled the ball switching hands before hes in the end zone? I guess it was leftover "Because, Chiefs" horrors. Lots of emotions in those few seconds.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:45 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I appreciate seeing people over 50 celebrate, because we had a really long walk through the desert to get there.
That's no lie!

Even though some of us are old enough to have enjoyed all 3 Super Bowl's, it was a long 50 year drought. I honestly thought I'd die before seeing another Chiefs Super Bowl.

Then came Mahomes....the rest is history! :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:46 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why is the closed captioning on?
That was my first thought too. Who watches a game like that?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:18 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Tomahawk Chop at the fucking Super Bowl. Chills.
Still probably my favorite moment from the Super Bowl. I still like to rewatch the Rock’s intro occasionally.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:26 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Still probably my favorite moment from the Super Bowl. I still like to rewatch the Rock’s intro occasionally.
I just watched that video and was brought nearly to tears. Still so happy for the Kingdom. Craving some football.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:07 AM 07-20-2020
Was reading this pre-game article and this quote stood out to me.

Originally Posted by SI :
Both guys [Shanahan and Reid] will also be looking to shake the demons that plagued them the last time they were on this stage. Super Bowl 51 will forever live in infamy for Shanahan as he was a key component to the Falcons blowing a late 28 to 3 lead.

For Reid, not transitioning to an up-tempo offense down 10 in the fourth quarter to give his team ample time for a game-winning or tying drive in Super Bowl 39 has to haunt him. Coincidentally, the New England Patriots and Tom Brady were the beneficiaries of the coaches’ miscues.
Pretty wild that the game may have come down to Andy learning from his past mistakes compared to Shanny Jr., who doubled down. Full article below:

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/gameday...r-bowl-matchup
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:22 AM 07-23-2020
Hey all - I've noticed that a few folks have been deleting their posts that came directly after Pat's 2nd INT. Please don't do this. This thread is legitimately a fantastic primary source on the Chiefs' 2nd Super Bowl Championship. I know some folks may think they were too critical of Pat in those posts, but those posts represented the lowest point of the Super Bowl and a very hard moment after our half-century long wait to get back to the SB. With that said, those low posts during that time make the subsequent comeback that much more satisfying to read. If anyone is giving you grief for them, ignore them. We were all in this ride together and 50 years of heartbreak is something that's hard to bounce back from in that moment.

Seriously, I've read a lot of game-threads and instant reactions of the Super Bowl online. Chiefsplanet's is the best one and it isn't close, especially coming from a place that had a shared community like this for so long. Reading us share our incredible 4th quarter comeback is still one of my favorite things to do on a low day.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:18 AM 07-23-2020
Like everyone else, I am still reliving the glory of the Super Bowl. I have seen all the post game breakdowns, by every person with an opinion, or so it seems. Plenty of blame has been laid at the feet of Kyle Shanahan, and some has been given to Jimmy G.

But, you know who has skated absolutely scott-free of any blame? Robert Saleh. I have not seen a single national, regional, or local pundit say a damn thing about his defense giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter. In fact, I don't even think any of YouTubers or pod casts people that I have listened to have said anything about his performance.

But, I feel like if the Niners had won, he would have received so much praise for stopping Mahomes. He was laughing on the sidelines right along with his players early in the 4th quarter. I am sure other coordinators have acted like that on the sidelines before, but I can't remember seeing any OC or DC laughing like a playoff game was over.

Had anyone else heard anyone criticizing Saleh?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:30 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Like everyone else, I am still reliving the glory of the Super Bowl. I have seen all the post game breakdowns, by every person with an opinion, or so it seems. Plenty of blame has been laid at the feet of Kyle Shanahan, and some has been given to Jimmy G.

But, you know who has skated absolutely scott-free of any blame? Robert Saleh. I have not seen a single national, regional, or local pundit say a damn thing about his defense giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter. In fact, I don't even think any of YouTubers or pod casts people that I have listened to have said anything about his performance.

But, I feel like if the Niners had won, he would have received so much praise for stopping Mahomes. He was laughing on the sidelines right along with his players early in the 4th quarter. I am sure other coordinators have acted like that on the sidelines before, but I can't remember seeing any OC or DC laughing like a playoff game was over.

Had anyone else heard anyone criticizing Saleh?

Chris Simms is the only one I've seen who has touched criticizing Saleh for his 4th quarter D but it was very light in comparison with the criticism Kyle and Jimmy have received.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:35 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Chris Simms is the only one I've seen who has touched criticizing Saleh for his 4th quarter D but it was very light in comparison with the criticism Kyle and Jimmy have received.
I have watched and listened to all his breakdowns, and I think he talks more about the defense as a unit, and didn't actually criticize Saleh the way I think he should be criticized. He is more of a give the Chiefs offense the credit kind of guy.

And he isn't wrong, but watching Saleh coach in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl 54 was just as bad as watching Bob Sutton coach the 4th quarter and overtime of the AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

[Reply]
Page 276 of 283
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280 > Last »
Up